Revelation

Secret that’s solemnly mistaken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

* Longer chapter than usual….

** Btw I’m sorry to some readers who possibly feel uncomfortable for that I’m choosing your favorite (female idols) as the bad character in this story. If you find it crappy or something because of the matter I mentioned, I suggest you to not read it. I am not possessive or anything but hoping you guys know that I have nothing against to those pretty ladies. Sorry for this inconvenient short message.

Enjoy :)

 

Chapter 10 – Revelation

 

* * * *

 

"You've been avoiding me."

Minho was startled at the sudden voice in his office. He was sure he had shut and locked the door but he heard the lock of door open. Looking up irritatingly, Minho found a grumpy Yuri standing in front of his desk.

Minho looked back on his papers. "I'm busy Yuri."

"You're always busy." Whined Yuri, stamping her foot slightly. "You never have time for me anymore."

Minho rolled his eyes, annoyed. "I thought we had already agreed on this affair when we started this little 'relationship', it was nothing more than physical." Said Minho, using air quotes, still not looking at her.

Yuri's eyes flashed with hurt and her face fell from the annoyed look she wore earlier. "Things…..I thought they changed."

"No." Said Minho abruptly in a nonchalant tone. Flipping a page, he flicked his gaze in her direction for a second, the coldness in his eyes shocking Yuri. "They didn't."

Upon unemotionally responded Yuri, within the next second everything in the room had changed which the file Minho was reading was flung in the air along with many other papers and different items on his desk were strewn on the floor. Minho looked up suddenly to find that Yuri held nothing but anger in her eyes, which in turn infuriated Minho to the max.

"Have you lost your mind?" Said Minho quietly but very firmly through his gritted teeth. He stood and slammed his hands down on his now cleared desk as he bore his gaze into hers, making her fidget uncomfortably.

Yuri switched her stance and took a step away from Minho, her firm expression faltering under his intense scrutiny.

Emitting a low growl, Minho told her. "Get out. NOW!"

After Yuri left, Minho quickly dialed Jinki's office number.

Picked up the phone, Jinki uttered tiredly, "What is it Minho?"

"I want Kwon Yuri gone." Said Minho simply. He gritted his teeth as he looked at his disaster of his office and was thankful that he had canceled all appointments for the day. Though he had been on edge all day and his nerves were shot, he knew that Yuri had crossed the line and it was time for her to go.

"I hope you mean gone in the sense of fired, man." Joked Jinki on the other line.

Despite his dark mood, Minho returned the favor, letting out a small chuckle. "Yes man. Fired, not gone but out of this law firm."

"Yeah! It's about time." Said Jinki, sighing on the other line. "I was so tired of her as well anyway. I've always wondering why you have put up with her for so long. It's good that eventually you realized it. But due to company's policy, we have to have a reason to fire her."

Nodding to himself, Minho said, "She crossed the line with me today."

Jinki laughed at the irony in Minho's statement, "I thought she did ever since the start. But well, that's a good enough reason I suppose." A moment of pause and then Jinki continued, "So how are you feeling?"

"Drained." Replied Minho honestly. He could never keep his emotions from Jinki and he felt so bad for keeping the details of his life from him. Jinki was a very good brother to him.

"Did you and Jinri have another fight?" Asked Jinki.

Minho shrugged to nobody. "You could call it a fight."

Jinki didn't say anything for a while, but eventually let out a sigh. "Hey bro, you can stay with us tonight if you want. Clearing your head, you know?"

"That would be a relief, actually." Said Minho, emitting a sigh of contentment, realizing that he didn't deserve a friend like Jinki. "But is it alright with Luna?"

"You know she loves you." Said Jinki. "Sometimes I worry that she loves you more than me though."

Minho snorted at his friend's comment. "She's head over heels for you and you perfectly know it."

"Of course, I know." Laughed Jinki. But then he stopped quickly and emitted out a soft sight. "I just wish you had the same thing Luna and I had, Minho."

Minho moved around his desk to pick up the fall picture of him and Jinri and felt his lips turn up slightly in the corner. He nodded in response to Jinki's question and agreed quietly. "Yeah. Me too."

 

- - - -

 

"Cute kids." Said Taemin simply, sliding into the booth across from Jinri, who gave him a faint smile. She glanced back at the kitchen in time to see Jimmy with Jaemi disappeared behind the swinging doors with Krystal, they were willing to follow her to eat some free food.

Jinri couldn't express how she was so happy that Victoria and Jimmy paid her a surprise visit this morning. Although her cousin left the boy in the restaurant with her and ran out for an errand to do, the older girl promised to come back by evening and they would find time to have a catch up over the whole matter later.

Jinri almost forgot about Taemin's presence as she was so immersed into the deep thought. She didn't even notice Taemin had continued talking.

"You seemed to leave that detail out about your little family." Commented Taemin, looking at the girl in front of him.

Jinri frowned at somewhat cold statement of Taemin. She shrugged. "It is a relatively new development and still I think it's not that necessary for you to know it or not. Besides, why do you care?"

"I don't." Said Taemin quickly, averting his gaze away. "I was just unaware. It surprised me and at least for being friends you should've said it."

"Well there isn't much to be surprised at other than the little girl's existence. She's not mine." Blurted out Jinri and it was as too late to realized what she had just said already.

Taemin turned his head and raised a questioning eyebrow. "What do you mean she's not yours?"

Jinri sighed, shifted slightly and uncomfortably tapped the table with her forefinger. Yes, Taemin wasn't curious about Jimmy since the boy openly called her auntie while acknowledged Victoria as his Mom. As to Jaemi, she was so shy and just stuck with her all the time, everyone sure would mistake them as a mother and daughter.

Jinri looked at Taemin and wondered if she had said too much already or if she should continue?! After all, it was Minho's business, not hers anyway. And of course, Taemin had been nothing but a great friend to her and she felt that she could trust him.

After debating inwardly a few more seconds, Jinri relented, "She's Minho's daughter…not mine."

"What?" Asked Taemin, surprise crossing his features, "You mean…his illegitimate child?"

"Yes!" Snapped Jinri irritably. She really didn't like to revisit the fact that Minho had a child with another woman. Jinri sighed as she threw an apologetic look in Taemin's direction.

Taemin gave her his own look of sympathy and asked quietly, "How long have you known Minho, Jinri?"

"I've known him my whole life." Started Jinri softly, knowing what Taemin was implying. "But we didn't start off with dating and all until a few months before we got married two years ago and now Jaemi is four....so, he had her before we even started our relationship." Ok, Jinri thought she would safely leave the fact of Jimmy's real biology to Taemin. He had no right to know about it, when his biological father didn't have any idea of this truth yet.

"You think that a man would tell his wife that he had a child." Muttered Taemin, looking more annoyed than anything.

Jinri shrugged. "But he didn't know it."

"Are you sure?" Asked Taemin.

Jinri nodded as she sighed. "Honestly, I really think he knew it until this morning when he found her eating breakfast."

Taemin leaned forward and took up one of Jinri's hands, which sent an involuntary shiver through her body. Jinri simply waved it off as surprise and the fact that she was not used to such a simple, yet loud gesture from anyone.

Taemin gave Jinri's hand a squeeze and smiled. "You know I'm here if you need anything, right?"

Jinri seemed to have lost the ability to speak and could muster only a nod. She stared at their hands as he her knuckles with his thumb. Jinri was confused but feeling comfort at the same time.

Jinri looked up at Taemin's face and he looked as if he wanted to say something, but the sound of shuffled feet broke the moment. Jinri quickly drew her hand away, the feeling of guilt settling in her stomach as soon as she saw the smiling face of Jimmy and a frown on Jaemi's face.

"Auntie Jinri!" Said Jimmy excitedly. "The man in the back gave us spaghetti! It was so yummy, right Jaemi?"

"Spaghetti huh?" Asked Jinri, smiling at her son. She pulled him closer to wipe his mouth which was dirtying with spaghetti sauce. Jinri then turned to Jaemi about to do the same thing on her but saw there was no smear of the sauce on her face. She smiled as the little girl returned the favor by flashing Jinri her wide smile.

Jaemi climbed into the booth and she eyed Taemin slightly, but then continued her enthusiasm for Jinri and Jimmy. "Oppa cleaned my mouth and hands." Said Jaemi shyly as she smiled at them. "I like it here! Can we come again tomorrow with Oppa?"

"Can we?" Insisted Jimmy with his puppy eyes.

Jinri smiled and swelled inside of how the kids could amazingly get along this fast. It was explainable that they were related by blood of sharing the same father.

"Well...." Said Jinri, pretended to think as if she was teasing the kids. To her obliviousness Taemin was watching her enjoyed conversation with the kids. "Saturday is a busy day, but if my babies want to, I bet nothing is impossible."

Jaemi giggled and clapped her hands excitedly with Jimmy. The whole scene between the kids nearly melting Jinri into the ground right then and there.

"Okay, Jimmy, Jaemi!" Started Jinri, drawing the kids' attention to Taemin. "Btw this is my friend, Taemin."

In a matter of seconds, Jaemi's entire persona seemed to change. She frowned and one could tell that her body language was guarded, though she gave Taemin a polite bow together with Jimmy.

"Hello uncle Taemin." The bubbly Jimmy greeted.

"Nice to meet you, kids." Laughed Taemin and then checking his watch. "Well I better be on my way. I have a meeting with the editor today for a new story I'm covering."

"Oh really?" Asked Jinri, her interest piqued. "What's the story about?"

Taemin grinned. "Oh you know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter