Tastila

Secret that’s solemnly mistaken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1 - Tastila

 

*  *  *  *

 

Just like it was mentioned, Jinri wasn't interested in law, she wasn't fond of standing in the crowded room and while Minho was different, he would fair fine just by giving him a courtroom, a judge, a jury and one of his clients.

In return of the matter of leading her own life, Jinri was holding a business degree in hand. And about two years ago after she married to Minho, she opened her own restaurant, Tastila.

 

"You aren't joking!!" Exclaimed Jinri, dropping the inventory from her hand. She was surprisingly shocked that Krystal just told her an amazing news. She managed to sit back in her office chair, thoroughly overwhelmed by the information that her friend had just thrown at her like a piece of garbage. "OMG! Krystal, why didn't you call me? Lee Taemin was in my restaurant?! Just as the Lee Taemin, the one and only leading food critic that could make or break any restaurant in whole South Korea!"

"I wanted to give you a call too but by that time, you were out with Mr. Lawyer, the husband of yours and I decided not to because I could perfectly manage it." Said Krystal. She smiled hugely. "And I still couldn't believe that we had all the pleasure of serving the one and only Lee Taemin."

"Oh god! Krystal, still you should have called me." Said Jinri, her enthusiasm seemed to die down a little bit.

Krystal noticed it as she sat down to face her friend. "I thought you would have a good time yesterday. But who am I talking about here? The jerk Choi Minho definitely. So what? What was the new record he was home this morning?"

Jinri shrugged, feigning nonchalance she said, "I don't know, I was asleep when he finally came home." Her heart involuntarily quickened its pace when the words left . It wasn't a complete lie. She had been asleep, but instantly woke up as soon as Minho crawled into bed. But Krystal didn't need to know that, she already knew to this extent of Jinri's nonexistent love life with Minho.

"Well..." Said Krystal, brushing all thoughts of Minho out of Jinri's head. Her wide grin had returned. "Back to the south Korea's leading food critic Lee Taemin. He asked for you and oh, all this time I've been thinking he's a stuffy, old, fat man, but damn! He's a gorgeous young man! And he seemed pretty satisfied when he left."

"Oh my god! Krystal, really?" Said Jinri as she breathed at an abnormally rapid rate. She thought, she might start to hyperventilate. The restaurant had only been going for two years and Tastila had slowly grown in popularity. It seemed things in her life were starting to look fine.

"There is still your life with your husband." Jinri's subconsciousness hissed cruelly, knocking her positive thoughts to the ground.

Jinri shook her head, dispersing thoughts of Minho and plastered a fake smile on her face before she said, "Did he happen to mention when the review about his evaluation to Tastila would be out?"

"He said that it should be around this week." Replied Krystal, pushing herself out of the chair in the small office and headed for the door. "Looks like things are looking up for you."

"Well I guess so." Replied Jinri, giving her friend a small smile before returning to the bills that littered her desk. She sighed, even though Tastila little by little had grown succeeded but she had barely made any profit for herself. Jinri thought that even though she and Minho didn't have to worry about money, she would still like to have her own spending money.

Not long after Krystal left, Jinri received a call from her father's secretary, said that he wanted her to go down to his office as soon as she can.

A sense of disgust filling her. Going to the law firm meant that she would have to see him and what made her feel sick was she had to see him flirt shamelessly with the pretty secretary. If Jinri didn't know that Minho was an intelligent man, she would've thought that he though more of his groin than his brain.

Heading out of her office, Jinri told Krystal that she was leaving for the day. She quickly hailed a cab and sat back as the driver sped towards Chois' Law Offices. Once there, Jinri paid the driver generously and headed into the main lobby where Kwon Yuri, the main secretary of Minho's current fling was at and she sneered condescendingly at Jinri. She really had the nerve huh?! Ignoring the woman, Jinri just walked on her way to where her father, father-in-law, and husband's offices resided with a warm smile, she didn't like to be rude to the people working in the office even if she knew what improper things they said about her behind her back. Jinri really didn't care what they gossiped about her anyway, that was the bad nature in human being after all and more than that they didn't even know the story behind why her and Minho were together though.

 

"Hi dad, I heard you wanted to see me?" asked Jinri, walking into her father's office after a few knocks.

Her father sat on the sofa, a large smile on his face as Jinri settled into the nearest seat. "I heard that your restaurant was visited by Mr. Lee Taemin last night."

"How did you know?" Asked Jinri, surprised yet a proud smile creeping onto her face.

"Well, Mr. Lee just happens to be a client of mine and he had to come in for some paperwork today. He told me that I should try this restaurant he reviewed last night, Tastila." Said her father. A proud smile curved on his lips. "I told him, I had already had the honor of eating there because my daughter was the owner of the restaurant and the boy asked me to pass his compliments along."

Jinri was positively beaming very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter