Admission and a lie

Secret that’s solemnly mistaken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 14 – Admission and a lie

 

* * * *

 

"Wow! You look very beautiful." Exclaimed Jaemi as she admired Jinri was adorned in a fabulous white gown.

"Thanks sweetie." Said Jinri, smiling at the little girl.

"Auntie Jinri, why can't I go?" Asked Jaemi, sticking out her lower lip in a cute pout.

Jinri sighed and dropped down to Jaemi's level, smoothing the younger girl's hair. She smiled. "Because this night will be so boring that you will have no fun at all."

"Then why are you going? Isn't staying with us instead is having more fun?" Replied Jaemi, furrowing her eyebrows. "I don't want you and daddy to not have fun."

"Daddy and I have to go, our parents are making us." Replied Jinri and she playfully stuck her tongue out in disgust, causing Jaemi to giggle. Jinri pulled the little girl to her and gave her a big hug. "I will be missing my babies. But be good for the sitter. Tell Jimmy as well to behave while we are gone. I love you sweetie."

Jaemi returned the bear hug and said quietly. "I will be missing you too. And I love you more auntie." She pulled away and kissed Jinri on the cheek before ran off to find Minho while Jinri put the finishing touches on her outfit. Once she was satisfied with her appearance, she grabbed her coat and clutch before heading down the stairs to get to the restaurant to help her staff with the preparation. Krystal had called earlier in the evening to ask for help as one of the servers had come down with the flu and wasn't able to make it to work.

 

Minho readjusted his tie in the mirror and picked at his hair a final time before declaring himself ready eventually.

Normally, he wasn't so picky about his appearance but because this was a formal event thrown by the company, it would do everyone good if he cared about his appearance tonight. Plus, because of the fact that this was his first 'date' with Jinri, it did help to appear confidently by looking extra nice tonight.

"Daddy you look like a prince charming!" Gasped Jimmy, who had entered the room and sat down on a nearby chair.

Minho turned to him and let out a chuckle, he had never been compared to any prince in Disney fantasy before. "Is that a good thing?"

"Oh yes Daddy!" Nodded Jimmy enthusiastically as he gave his dad both thumps up.

"Does that make your mommy the snow white princess?" Asked Minho in amusement. He watched as Jimmy's face screwed up in concentration and finally shook his head.

"Nope, mommy doesn't have a short hair like snow white." Said Jimmy.

Again, Minho let out a chuckle. “But she used to have a short hair before.”

“Really? She must be as beautiful as snow white princess.” Said Jimmy.

Minho nodded with a smile. Well…speaking of Jinri, he wondered, where was she? He checked his watch, the sitter was due to arrive in about five minutes and they should be on their way. He turned back to Jimmy. "Where is your mom?"

"Auntie Jinri left, daddy." Said Jaemi as she just entered the room. She simply said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"What?" Asked Minho incredulously. "Why did she leave already?" He hardly heard his daughter reply 'I don't know'. Minho bolted out the door and down the hall to their room where Jinri had been getting ready. Sure enough, she wasn't there. He headed down stairs, calling her name.

"I think she already left daddy." Said Jimmy to Minho.

Jaemi let out a sigh once they were in the kitchen. "I told you daddy, she left!"

The doorbell suddenly rang throughout the house. Minho sighed, trudging to the door, annoyed at the fact that Jinri had left without telling him. He pulled the door open to find a girl no older than twenty standing at the door with a smile on her face.

"You must be Sunny." Deadpanned Minho, opening the door wider, allowing Sunny to step through into the foyer.

The girl nodded enthusiastically. "Yes I am and you must be Mr. Choi."

Minho showed a small smile. He called his kids over and put them in front of him. He placed his hands on their heads. "They are Jimmy and Jaemi. Kids, this is Sunny."

"Hi! We're going to have a lot of fun for the rest of the day, kids." Beamed Sunny, bending down to Jimmy's level and gave the two adorable kids pinched cheek. Jimmy gave her an obligatory smile as Jaemi giggled. Minho suppressed a smile, he felt like they were becoming more like him everyday.

After a quick tour of the house and instructions on snacks, bedtime, etc., Minho checked his watch and decided that he had better get going. "Alright, I have to go now, you think you'll be alright?"

Sunny nodded her assent and Minho nodded as well, turning to his children and kneeling down in front of them. "Be good, cutie duo."

"Cutie duo? What's that? Is it bad?" Asked Jaemi, her eyebrows furrowing and her eyes widening in fear.

"Is it some kind of animal's name?" Asked Jimmy.

"No." Laughed Minho. "It means a pair of people or things. And for you two are my most beautiful duo. Do you like it?"

Jaemi pursed her lips in thought. "Is that our new name? Will everyone call us cutie duo?"

"Nope, just me. It's your special name." Winked Minho, drawing the kids to himself. He was surprised to himself at how much Jimmy and Jaemi had grown on him and how big of a staple they were becoming in his life.

The little boy tightened his arms around his neck. "We like it! I love you daddy."

"I love you too sweethearts. Okay I'll see you tomorrow." Replied Minho, standing up and bid his children a good bye.

Minho walked towards the garage and once he was in the car, he blew out a frustrated breath. Hadn't he told Jinri that this would be their little 'date'? Either she didn't care or something had come up and he just really hoped it was the latter.

 

- - - -

 

"Come on everyone, the guests will start arriving in about ten minutes!" Called out Jinri as she breezed through the kitchen door and into the main dining area. She checked the progress on the bartender and satisfied with the cocktails he had made.

The door opened, allowing a cold breeze to whip in and around the restaurant, causing Jinri to turn towards the door to find her parents and in-laws come through the door chattering happily. Jinri smiled at the scene, she was glad that hers and Minho's parents got along so well.

"Jinri, my dear, you look lovely." Exclaimed Minho's mother, giving her daughter-in-law a kiss on the cheek. They then headed off towards the open bar.

Her in-laws, both gave their approval of the decorations and how smooth everything was running.

Jinri's mother hugged her daughter and whispered in her ear. "You look beautiful darling."

"Thanks mom." Replied Jinri, beaming.

"Now, do you know where my son is?" Asked her mother-in-law, glancing around the restaurant to try and locate Minho.

Jinri flushed. "Oh, that's probably my fault. I didn't let him know that I had been called in. He might be running late."

Minho's dad waved a hand as he rejoined the group. "No matter, we aren't going to need him here for a while. Besides I think I just saw Jinki and his wife come in, so he can chat up the clients for now."

"Okay." Laughed Jinri, catching sight of Jinki and Luna. "Excuse me, I am going to see how Luna is doing." The four nodded and moved on to talk to some others who had started coming in and Jinri made her way to her friend, Luna.

Luna smiled widely and embraced her friend. "Jinri! How are you dear? I have not seen you for a long time! Where have you been hiding?"

"Here mostly." Admitted Jinri, taking in the sight of her large friend. "You're getting so big!"

"Yeah! Thank you!" Replied Luna earnestly, rubbing her stomach lovingly. "Jinki was worried that I wasn't gaining enough weight but the doctor said the baby and mommy are all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter