Finale

Secret that’s solemnly mistaken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Finale

 

* * * *

 

Jinri decided not to take the next day off, not wanting to draw any unwanted attention and speculation by her staff members. Even though Krystal had said that the staff wasn't even bothered by anything said in the column, Jinri wasn't still really sure about what was running in people's mind. And Minho also encouraged her to go into the office while he took Jimmy and Jaemi on a trip to the zoo.

"Good morning Krys." Greeted Jinri as she walked through the doors of the restaurant and headed to the office.

Krystal followed behind her and closed the door once both women were inside the office.

Jinri set her coat on the rack and slumped into her plush leather chair. Sighing deeply she asked, "So are we still full staffed? Or has everyone quit?"

Krystal giggled in return and shook her head. "Nope, the staff is all behind you. They really don't believe anything that devil said."

"Devil? The acclaimed food critic Lee Taemin." Said Jinri as she took a deep breath and massaged her temples.

"Well, when he insults a friend, he's a cheapest ." Replied Krystal, walking around the desk to give her friend a hug.

Jinri accepted it gratefully, relieved that she still had her best friend and so many people that she could rely on.

Pulling back, Krystal bit her lip, deciding to ask her next question cautiously, "So how did everything with Minho?"

Somehow, Jinri had known that question would pop up sometime during the day and surprisingly she didn't have a problem answering it. Jinri regaled the entire story of the night before earning sympathetic noises and nods here and there from her friend.

At the end of the narration, Krystal instantly wore a wide, all-knowing grin that directed straight toward her friend. "I knew it. You guys would fall for each other. It was only a matter of time of course."

Jinri chuckled. "Dear my best friend, if I still remember correctly, you were the only one telling me that I should just stand up on my feet and divorce his ." Said Jinri still plastered her smile. "Your words honey, not mine."

"Umm...as true as that may be." laughed Krystal. "But I did always think that you guys would get together someday."

Jinri joined her friend in laughter and let her mind wander. The past few months had been awfully crazy. She had learned about her husband's secret, though still not the full detail, Jinri felt that those would come in time, she was just sure of that and then she had gained another child which was what she had never expected. She had never thought of besides from Jimmy, she'd easily gain lots of affection toward the little girl whom wasn't at all related to her but her husband. She loved Jaemi so much as if she were her own because as far as she was concerned, Jinri was sure that she was fond of Jaemi as much as she was toward Jimmy.

Reflecting back on her situation, Jinri frowned slightly. Why was she sitting in the stuffy office? And it wasn't being caught up in nothing but work which was what that drove their family apart?

"Jinri?" Questioned Krystal, bringing Jinri out of her dawning realization.

Jinri stood up so suddenly, the abrupt gesture instantly made Krystal jerk slightly. Jinri grabbed her purse and coat. "Krys, if you guys are going to be okay here, I really should take that personal day that you were so insistent upon." With that said, Jinri rushed out of the office leaving her friend in somewhat of a confusing state.

 

­- - - -

 

"Daddy? Where's mommy?" Asked Jaemi while the three of them explored the penguin exhibit.

Minho watched Jimmy turned his head to look at him and as Jaemi gave him a small pout, both eagerly wanted to hear his answer. Minho sighed, wondering when the question would come up, he had yet to forget how curious kids were and how short their attention spans were.

"Well, she had to go into work to clear up a few things but we'll see her later." Replied Minho to his curious kids, surprised at how easily the truth was for him. He had woven so many webs of lies for so long that he had forgotten that the truth was just as easy.

Jaemi nodded in what seemed like understanding. "Are you still fighting?"

Minho caught Jimmy put a somehow straight face and then a soft sigh from the little boy surprised Minho. How came he doesn't know kids these days could have kind of worries to the extend they knew how to emit the deep sigh. Minho somewhat could feel, the boy had something bothered him and his worry definitely was because of them, Jinri and him.

"Hey!" Called Minho as he bent his knee to look at Jimmy in the face. "What's wrong Jimmy? Is it because you already miss your mom?"

Jimmy bit his lip and another sigh was followed. "Are...you and mommy still fighting?"

Here came the same question. Minho knew that his kids were just worrying as much as to him. Smiling in assurance, Minho shook his head. "Nope, we made up."

"Really? You aren't lying just to make us happy?" Asked Jimmy.

"Yes son, I'm so sure that yesterday your mom and I had spent the whole day together to sort things out. And now, we are fine." Responded Minho, taking the small hands of the little boy and girl and leading them onto the polar bears.

"Good." Said Jaemi.

"Yeah, it's a relief." Added Jimmy.

Minho smiled as he watched them switched their attention to look upon the monstrous white animals in fascination as they were fed by zookeepers and wrestled one another for the fish. It wasn't long before their interest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter