FAN: Chapter Six

FAN

FAN

 

Chapter Six

 

When light filled the room, and the fantasy world she had been in crumbled, Adri felt confused. It was like being jerked awake from a good dream. Jonghyun suddenly let go of Adri’s hand, causing her to look toward the door.

Who had interrupted them so brashly?

Adri’s blood ran cold when she saw that it was Yunho. His hand was on the light switch and his mouth was slightly open, but his eyes were unreadable. For some odd reason, Adri felt the need to explain the situation, but when she opened nothing came out. The three just stood there staring at one another.

Then Yunho took his hand off the light switch and stomped into the room. Without a word he grabbed Adri by the wrist and dragged her away, leaving Jonghyun alone with his mounting fears.

This isn’t like you.  A voice in Jonghyun’s head lectured. Why in the world did you do that? He looked down at his hands and saw that they were shaking, and realized that his breathing was irregular. The music had given Jonghyun the confidence and courage to dance with Adri like that, but now they were gone. He replayed the past five minutes in his head, and felt sick to his stomach. Jonghyun couldn’t believe he had danced with Adri like that, and the embarrassment he should have felt then, came crashing down in waves.

Jonghyun soon left the practice room in a daze.

“Wow!” Key exclaimed, stepping from behind the clothing rack. Yes, he was kind by nature, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t enjoy a little drama every now and then. He loved being an entertainer, but the same routine bored him. Maybe that was why he pushed Adri in the practice room earlier... 

Who was he kidding? Part of it was to get back at her for practically seeing him , but it was a very small part. Forty-four percent at the most.

Key didn’t really know Adri, but he definitely knew Jonghyun- and the way he was looking at her while they were dancing was…surprising. Key had never seen his hyung react that way to another girl before or touch anyone so boldly. Something was up, and Key grew even more suspicious when Yunho stomped into the room and took Adri away.

Key noticed Jonghyun had forgotten his ipod dock so he grabbed it before turning off the practice room’s lights. “What’s so special about this foreign girl?” He murmured, closing the door. He was certainly going to find out.

~~~

By the time Yunho dragged Adri outside, her wrist was aching. She was silent the whole way, but now she was getting fed up. Adri pulled free of his strong grip and demanded, “What are you doing?”

Yunho turned around so quickly, Adri almost jumped back. “Shouldn’t I be asking you that question?” He barked.

Adri didn’t respond; she simply stared at him, taken aback by his outburst.

Yunho’s sharp eyes were ablaze with anger, “You don’t even know him,” he hissed.

Adri’s eyes narrowed and she shouted, “Well, I don’t really know you either so why are you so mad?!”

That quieted Yunho down. The comment wouldn’t have stung if it weren't true. He knew that he really didn’t have a right to be upset, but he was, and he couldn’t help it. Seeing Adri dance with his dongseng like that had ignited a fire in his chest.

“And you know what?” Adri started. “It’s not like you were around! You've been gone for five days. I didn’t know if I would ever see you again!”

I'm sorry. I...should have said something, Yunho answered silently.

“So,” she continued. “Why come back, and get worked up over the actions of a mere acquaintance?”

Because I can’t get you out of my head and…I want you to be more than just an acquaintance,Yunho thought. There was no way those words were coming out of his mouth, so instead he said, “Here,” and stuck something in Adri’s hand.

Adri glanced down at what he had given her and gasped softly. It was her passport. She thought it was gone. “How did you find this?”

“It’s my Aunt’s hotel right? I just had to find out who the dog belonged to,” Yunho explained.

“Oh.” Adri said after a while. “Thanks.” Her anger was slowly subsiding.

Yunho just shrugged and said, “Sorry for dragging you all the way out here.” He turned to leave, but Adri stepped in front of him.

“Wait,” she said, looking up at him. “Um…back there with Jonghyun…”

“You don’t have to explain yourself to me,” Yunho interrupted. “You’re right. It’s none of my business.”

“Just let me finish. I was helping him practice for Shinee’s upcoming mini-concert. For the grand finale they have to slow dance with girls. He’s really nervous about it so I…” Adri trailed off.

“Offered to help?” Yunho interjected, his expression growing darker.

“No…well…sort of,” Adri said weakly.

“It figures,” Yunho mumbled with a shake of his head. He started to walk away, but stopped when he felt something hit him on his shoulder. Yunho blinked, and turned to see a fuzzy slipper resting on the ground. He looked at Adri. “Did you…just throw…?”

“Yeah, I threw my slipper at you,” Adri answered, arms across her chest. “You’re being mean.”

Yunho continued to stare at the young girl. He didn’t know whether to be angry or…laugh. Despite himself, he began to chuckle. She had actually thrown a fuzzy, slipper at him!

“Hey, why are you laughing?” Adri demanded.

“I can’t believe you just did that!” He exclaimed, laughing harder. “I’ve never met a girl like you before.”

Adri grinned, “Are you calling me weird?”

“Yes,” Yunho answered.

“I was aiming for your head, you know. I just at throwing stuff.”

Yunho picked up Adri’s slipper, and slid it back on her foot. “I see that."

Adri pretended to glare at Yunho as he stood up. She was extremely relieved he wasn’t angry anymore. She let out a huge yawn, tired all of a sudden. The sun would be coming up soon. “I’m gonna head to bed…” Adri said, stretching her arms.

“Wait!” Yunho said quickly. “What are you doing tomorrow?”

Adri fought hard to keep her jaw from dropping. What?! There's no way..She thought wildly. Adri swallowed the big lump in and replied, “Um…nothing much.”

Yunho scratched the back of his head, and looked away. “Then…do you wanna do some sight-seeing?” He shook his head. “No, sorry. That’s probably the last thing you want to do. Maybe-”

“I’d love to!” Adri cut him off.

Yunho blinked, wondering if he heard right. “Really?”

“Yeah!” Adri responded. “I’ve already done some sight-seeing, but there are plenty of places I haven’t been to yet.”

A huge grin spread across Yunho’s face. “Great!” He said. “I’ll meet you at your room at four o’clock.”

“Perfect,” Adri agreed, smiling. She said goodbye to Yunho, and dashed into Hotel Jung. When she got to her room, she couldn’t hide her excitement anymore and busted out in a dance. Adri just couldn’t believe she was going out with the guy of her dreams! She threw open the door and yelled into her room, “Amanda! Guess what?!” When Amanda didn’t answer, she walked into the room, and realized her friend was gone.

~~~

Amanda let out a content sigh as she floated in the water. It was four in the morning, and she had snuck into Hotel Jung’s huge pool for a quick dip.

The young girl was having fun alternating between the pool and the hot tub when she heard footsteps. Amanda practically dove into the hot tub, and stuck her head underwater, hoping the bubbles would some-what hide her. If it’s a security guard, then I’m in trouble, Amanda thought.

The footsteps kept getting closer and closer, causing Amanda’s heart rate to triple. Oh no! What am I gonna do? She panicked. Amanda shut her eyes, and prayed that the person would just leave. For a minute she thought her prayers had been answered, but then she heard a yell, and suddenly someone was in the water with her.

Amanda climbed out of the hot tub, disoriented. What’s going on? She looked in the water, and gasped when Onew of Shinee stuck his head out, coughing. Wet bangs stuck to the boy’s eyes, obscuring his vision. Amanda took Onew’s hand and pulled him out. “Are you OK?” She asked.

Onew coughed and brushed his bangs away. “Yeah,” he answered, breathless. “The floor’s so wet…I slipped…”

Amanda couldn’t stifle her laugh. “Sounds about right,” she mumbled.

Onew paused, his smiling eyes taking in the girl that had helped him for the first time. She had short, dark hair and full lips, and her smile was so cheerful you could almost see all of her teeth.

Onew was curious though. Was she Korean…or a foreigner? He stared at the young girl for a while, trying to figure it out. Finally, he gave up and just introduced himself. “My name is Lee Jinki. And yours?”

Instead of responding, the girl started giggling. “Oh my God…I almost forgot that was your real name,” she said.

Onew raised an eyebrow, but noticed her Hangul had a slight accent. Ah…so she is a foreigner, He thought, and then asked, “How…do you know my name?” If she said she was a die-hard Shinee fan and wanted to have his babies, he was either going to have to drown her or run.

Amanda was quiet. Should I tell him I love Shinee? She pondered. Her cell phone rang all of a sudden and made the decision for her. “Jojo” echoed in the large room, causing Amanda to turn red.

“I guess I just got my answer,” Onew said, chuckling. “So how long have you been a Shinee fan?” Onew figured that since she didn’t seem crazy he could make some friendly conversation.

“For a while…” Amanda answered slowly.

Onew smiled. “So what’s your name?” He asked again.

“Amanda.”

The boy’s eyes lit up. “Amanda?” He said with a hint of excitement in his voice. “DBSK Sunbaenims told me about you and your friend. It’s nice to finally meet you!”

Amanda blinked in confusion. OK…she thought. Aren’t I supposed to be more excited about meeting him?It kind of made her wonder what kind of stories Yunho and Changmin were telling Shinee about her and Adri.

“Key’s still a little upset about your friend; you know…”Onew said, chuckling. “Not even his own Mother sees him that anymore, and I’ve only seen him without a shirt twice.”

Amanda burst out laughing. Poor Adri.

“And Changmin was right about you,” Onew suddenly added.

Amanda got herself under control. “Huh? What did he say?”

Onew responded with a sly smirk. “Mmm…I don’t think I want to tell you right now. Maybe later.” Amanda splashed him boldly, and he jumped up.

“Just tell me!” She demanded, trying to push the older boy in the pool. He laughed as he dodged her, his wet hair sprinkling water down his bare chest. Amanda stopped, trying not to stare.

Onew noticed, but didn’t acknowledge it, because he was too busy thinking, Are all Shinee fans this fun? And cute? His thoughts were interrupted when his klutziness kicked in again, and he felt himself slip, and fall toward the pool. At the last minute Onew grabbed Amanda’s hand, and they both went into the cold water. Amanda came up first, and dunked Onew’s head back in. He grabbed her waist and pulled her underwater with him.

They laughed and played around together until 8AM.  Then Onew walked Amanda back to her suite, both of them dripping wet and talking.

“Thanks! I had a lot of fun beating you at everything!” Amanda teased as she opened the door.

"You lost a few rounds of Marco Polo. I guess I should wear a shirt next time, huh?" Onew retorted quickly. Amanda blushed hard. So he had noticed.

“Whatever,” she mumbled. “Bye!” She practically closed the door in his face.

Onew chuckled and stared at the door. For some reason, he wasn’t in a hurry to leave even though he was tired. It was only after a couple of minutes that he could pull himself away from Amanda’s door. And when Onew’s head hit his pillow all he could think about was his foreign fan.

~~~

Author's Note: Another character is finally introduced. Tee hee, I love Onew...he's so cute and clumsy- Shinee wouldn't be Shinee without him. I wonder what'll happen between him and Amanda as the story progresses...