Change is Good

The Probability of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin's POV

"1, 2, 3, and 4!" I counted as the music blared and sneakers screeched as they got dragged through the wooden floor. Dance, write, practice, repeat. This is my life. This has been my life for the past 4 years. We're preparing for our debut and as the leader, I have to make sure we're in our best shape. We've been so busy writing and recording songs to put in our album that it's gotten hard to distinguish night from day.

I sat in front to watch the boys do the choreography I had just taught them. I have to admit, we're a group with great dancing skills. "Great job, everybody!" I cheered as they finished the dance. "Now, let's all do it one more time," I said, which earned a few grunts and whines.

After practicing for dance, we got a call from YG to meet him right away.

"I wonder what he's going to say.." Jinhwan said. We were inside the car and on our way to the main office.

"You will all be debuting tomorrow right away. Please prepare accordingly." Bobby answered while imitating YG's voice. Everyone burst into laughter.

"Ya. If you keep doing that you'll be kicked out of YG Entertainment," this time it was Donghyuk imitating YG.

"I just hope it's good news," Junhoe said with a sigh.

"Don't worry. I think we've already went through all the bad news we can get," I tried to comfort Junhoe. It's true though. Our lost in WIN: Who Is Next was a big blow for us then we were faced with the challenge of losing old members during Mix and Match. I'm just happy things worked out in the end and we got a new addition to the family, Chanwoo.

"We're here!" Yunhyeong said as he opened the door.

When we got out of the car, I noticed a few fans waiting outside. I could never understand why some people would wait hours and hours just to see someone for a few seconds but I still respect them for their determination. The boys and I gave them a smile and bowed before entering the building.

As we made our way to YG's office, my heart felt like it was about to burst. I wasn't nervous, I was excited. I had a real good feeling that we're about to get some great news. We greeted YG and stood in front of his desk.

"Take a seat," he said without even looking at us once. He was busy reading something on his tablet.

When he finally looked up, my confidence and the good gut feeling slowly faded away. "You've all been working hard in preparing your album. The songs are nice, the vocals are nice, the rapping is nice but that's all it is for me; nice."

At that moment, I felt stoic. I've heard all kinds of criticisms before and this wasn't so bad. It's a compliment but at the same time he's saying that we're lacking. I felt like all of it was my fault.

"I know all of you can do better than this." he continued, "Try to find and realize ikon's true colors because no matter how good the songs you produce are, if they don't fit ikon, then you won't be able to shine." he looked directly at me. Suddenly my presumptions that everything's my fault were confirmed. I blame myself, too. I'm a good leader. I make sure that everybody's happy, that everybody works hard, that we give amazing results but it's not enough. To be the best leader, I need to let out the best in every one of us. I just need to work harder.

"Ne," I replied to YG.

"Big Bang is busy with their comeback so you have a few months to find your sound. If you're feeling pressured, then that's only right. Continue sending me the demos. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter