This

The Probability of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the start of something beautiful
This is the start of something new
You are the one who'd make me lose it all
You are the start of something new

I found myself seated in front of Hanbin at a packed fancy chinese restaurant after our tour at the gallery. Apparently his mom recommended that we eat there.

"I can't believe anyone actually does that!" I couldn't help but giggle. Hanbin had been telling me funny habits of his band members. I've never met any of them but from what I've heard, they're a great bunch.

"Yeah. All of us try to act cool whenever we're in front of the fans but we're all big dorks." Hanbin said as he munched on his dims.

I nodded, "You're probably the biggest dork out of everyone."

Hanbin laughed. "It's definitely Bobby hyung! I think I'm a close second though."

"I don't think so. You're a big dork. You're a dork for mickey mouse and oreo milkteas." I said, resting my head on my hand.

"Ooh! I miss that oreo milktea you made me try when we first met!"

"I can't believe this is only the second time we're meeting," I said out of sudden realization.

"For some reason, it feels longer," Hanbin chuckled.

"Yeah, it definitely does feel like we've known each other longer," It was true. I guess texting all day with someone can actually bring you closer to a person.

"So, how's life?"

"Things are pretty steady at school. I'm still the best," I joked and gave him a smug look.

Hanbin just smiled and shook his head and I continued eating. "I feel like you're not telling me something," he said.

I felt a lump in my throat.

"but I can't really complain. We haven't known each other for a long time." he continued.

My body stiffened at his words. I never really talked to him about anything besides school and friends. I haven't told him about my family. "When the time comes," I say as I force a smile. "So, how's your little sister?" I tried to change the subject. His tone changed and his eyes started to sparkle.

"Hanbyul is at the top of her class," he said with a proud grin. I noticed how he never looked proud when he was talking about his achievements. He would say it like it was nothing or look at the ground.

"I want to meet her someday."

"Next time, I'll bring her with us."

I was about to finish my drink when my phone rang. It was my mom.

"Excuse me. I have to take this." I excused myself and went out of the fancy restaurant.

"Hello?"

"Inna?"

"Is everything okay? Are you alright? Why did you call?" The last time we talked, we got into a fight. Neither her nor dad wanted to stop their old ways.

"Calm done, baby. I'm fine. Well, I'll be fine."

"What happened? What did dad do?!" I could feel my heart racing. My parents are a bit on the problematic side. You could say I grew up in a dysfunctional family.

"We just got into a fight, that's all… I miss you"

"Did he hurt you?" I felt the tears run down my cheeks.

"It's nothing to worry about. You know he doesn't mean it."

"Mom.." I wanted to say so much but I was choking from crying.

"Listen, I can't send you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter