Meet Me By The Water

The Probability of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon arrival at the venue, groups of teenage girls with banners, lightsticks, and various paraphernalia came into view. I wonder how much money YG makes just off of concert goods.

"This is going to be awesome!" Jiyoung screamed as she hopped of the taxi. She looked like she was going to a picnic rather than a concert in her bright yellow floral dress. I, on the other hand, was dressed more casual in a navy blue sleeveless top, shorts, and sandals.

I looked at the tickets in my hand. Hanbin got us VIP tickets. I had to lie and tell Jiyoung that I won them in a raffle.

We quickly entered the venue and got to our seats. I quickly spotted the boys' families. It was weird seeing Hanbin's mom and his sister. His mom knows about me but only through the photo we sent on our first date. I doubt she remembers how I look like.

Suddenly, the lights go out, screams are heard everywhere, Jiyoung holds my hand, the music starts playing, and I loose myself in the moment.

I scream as loud as I can and cheer for the 7 boys on stage. He was right, there would be no Hanbin in sight, only B.I. Tonight, I was a fan like everybody else.

After their opening number, the boys introduced themselves one by one.

Wow, they're really singers now. I just kept on looking at B.I. who was so different from the shy and humble Hanbin. B.I. looked like he knew he was good while Hanbin always doubted himself. I couldn't help but wonder how all the other boys were offstage.

After a short time of talking, they proceed with their next set.

"Our next song is our debut single. I wrote it with a person in mind," Hanbin said sheepishly.

"How lucky is that girl - Hanbin wrote him a song!" Jiyoung said. I felt my cheeks burn and my palms get sweaty.

I was touched but I didn't want him to put his name at risk for me. He knew where I was seated but he said this while looking at s, as if he wanted to see how they would react.

Bobby screamed.

Donghyuk and Yunhyeong looked shocked.

Jinhwan and Chanwoo just smiled; and

Junhoe looked like he couldn't care less.

The fans were screaming too and the music started playing.

Whenever they stop to interact with their fans, the real them comes out. B.I. would be shy at all the girls screaming his name. The other boys seem to be really playful, too.

On their last set, they thanked their fans for waiting for them and believing in them. I couldn't help the tears as they rolled down my face when they sang "Wait for Me".

After the concert, Jiyoung and I decided to eat at the nearest burger place. 

 

"Tonight was so amazing. Thank you for bringing me along," Jiyoung said as she munched on her food.

"Who else would I rather share it with?" she may be a pain in the at times but I love her.

"Mmm, you're right. Anyway, how's work? You never stay in school after class."

 "Work is good. I was recently promoted! I'm just saving enough for my allowance then I'll focus on getting that internship."

"I'm so proud of you. Have you talked to them since then?" Jiyoung was referring to my family.

"Nope," I said. "And it's not like I want to."

Jiyoung sighed. "If you need extra help, I'm always here. You know that."

"Your family has helped me so much already. But thanks Ji, I love you."

"Love you, too. This is getting way too mushy." I laughed. Jiyoung always knew how to make me laugh.

"So when are you planning to get back on the dating game?" she asked nonchalantly. 

"I- I- I don't know actually," I stuttered. I felt guilty about not telling my bestfriend about Hanbin. We always told each other everything. I just felt like it would be weird to tell her when we're not even official. His friends don't know about me why should mine know about him? He's a singer, . 

"Are you sure? You never were a good liar," she said, eyebrows raised.

"Well, you'll never believe me but..." I tell her everything from the very beginning and there was no sign of shock in her face. 

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"What?"

"You're not shocked?" she just laughed.

"I knew something was up ever since you stopped showing intere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter