Try Anything Once

The Probability of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! So I realized that I've been writing chapters inspired from the feeling I get from a certain song. So I decided I'll use that song as the title of the chapter and link you to it so you can listen to it while reading the chapter for the best experience! I'll tell you when the best time to listen to it is! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RDq5PKcN5g

"Inna! Your shift ended 5 minutes ago. Let's gooooo!" My best friend, Jiyoung, called over the counter.

Ever since my mom gambled my allowance funds, I was forced to make a living. I hated my mom for her gambling addiction. I hated my mom for not even caring about my future. But most of all, I hate him for staying with my no good alcoholic of a father. To the eye, my life is perfect. Only Jiyoung actually knows the real me. But I like to leave the bad stuff where they belong - back home in Singapore. I figured if I didn't think about it or pretended that my problems didn't exist, they'd be good as gone. Wrong. Eventually, the truth found its way back to me and now I have to manage school, extra curricular activities, friends and work.

"Hold on. It's not like we're going to be late. It's a party for pete's sake." I said as I took my ID off and fixed myself in the mirror. I was working as a cashier at a couture boutique and luckily we could wear whatever we want. If I was going to work part-time, it had to be worth it. Atleast I get 25% off on all items.

"I think you've forgotten that this is Chanyeol's birthday. It's THE party."

"We see those people every weekend," i rolled my eyes. I like my friends but I wish they'd start acting their age rather than just partying.

"Let's just go," Jiyoung dragged me out of the store and into her car. "Time to make the boys drool."

We got ready at Jiyoung's house. I slipped on a black camisole top paired with leather shorts and strappy heels while Jiyoung opted for a white jumpsuit. I was excited to let loose. It's been a while since life stressed me out.

I was curling my hear when I got a text. I smiled, I knew it was Hanbin. He would text me every night at exactly 9 o'clock when his training is finished.

 

From: Hanbinieee
"Hey, how's the party?"

 

To: Hanbinieee
"We're just about to leave! How was practice? "

 

From: Hanbinieee
"What? But it's already late. Practice isn't really needed we're already perfect"

 

To: Hanbinieee
"Lol yeah right. Darling, the party doesn't start til I walk in."

 

From: Hanbinieee
"Whatever makes you sleep at night.. Btw, are we still good for tomorrow evening? :)"

 

To: Hanbinieee
"Ofcourse! Meet me at the park at 7-ish?"

 

From: Hanbinieee
"Alright. Enjoy the party! Take care of yourself okay? Don't drink too much hahaha"

 

To: Hanbinieee
"I won't! I'll text you later :)"

 

Maybe it was the thumping music. Maybe it was the vodka. I don't really know but one thing's for sure. I am drunk. D-R-U-N-K. Smashed. Hit. I made my way towards Chanyeol, stumbling a little. It was the first time I saw him the whole night. "HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY!!!!" I greeted as I hugged him. I could hear myself slurring. My body was reacting late to my brain's orders.

He hugged me back. "Thanks! Having a good time, I see?"

"Jiyoung was right. This is THE party of the year," I reiterated the words my best friend had said this afternoon. "I love it! This juice and vodka mix is the bomb. Like, beer . I think you should stop drinking beer." I grabbed the can of beer he was holding and threw it. I couldn't control what I was saying or doing. Words were just coming out of my mouth. "The music is amazing, too!" I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter