Wings 10: Taking Flight

Guardian Angels

Please read the A/N below!

                                                                                                                                                                                                  

It was days after Yunho had first woken up, and both had healed enough to not be in the same room without feeling uneasy. Changmin was still monitoring them though, and Leeteuk was watching them like a hawk. Changmin was just doing some final checks and he made sure that both Yunho and Jaejoong were fine before finally announcing them to be perfectly healthy again. Leeteuk, well, since Jae-umma was unavailable, Teukie-umma took over. That night, when everyone had gone to bed and Yunho and Jaejoong were cuddled into each other on Yunho's bed.

"Yunho?" Jaejoong said softly into the silence of the room. Yunho hummed. "Us angels, when our 'person' has accepted us for who we are, they are given the choice to stay on Earth or go with the angel to Heaven to become an angel himself. If he or she chooses to stay on Earth, then the angel will become a mortal." Jaejoong said. There was silence for a while as Yunho thought over on what Jaejoong said. "So... so it's up to me now?" Yunho clarified. Jaejoong nodded from where he was laying on Yunho's chest.

"What are the others choosing?" Yunho asked curiously. "I'm not gonna tell you until you make up your mind. I don't want their decisions to influence yours." Jaejoong replied. "Then I'll go to Heaven with you." Yunho's response was immediate. "Are you sure? Once you go, no one will remember you here on Earth." Jaejoong asked. "I'm sure. Besides, I wanna see what your home looks like," Yunho said firmly. "So now can you tell me what the others chose?" Yunho asked. "Fine, fine. They all chose to go to Heaven, so we won't be missing anybody." Jaejoong chuckled. Jaejoong's hair, Yunho said, "Well, that's good. Let's go to sleep now, okay?" Slowly, both of them drifted off to slumberland.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was the day that the 'persons' were to go to Heaven, and they were all unsure as of how to go about it. As such, it was chaos.

"How were we supposed to do it again? Did anyone say anything about it?" Leeteuk asked Jaejoong from where they were standing in a clearing. "I don't know, actually... None of them said anything, so I guess we just wait and see what happens?" Jaejoong replied. Leeteuk shrugged. Soon, there was the sound of flapping wings as an angel flew down to the clearing. "BoA-noona!" Jaejoong and the other angels greeted the angel. BoA smiled as she met her favourite dongsaengs once more. "Hello, boys. I'm here to help with the transformation." BoA explained.

At the angels' nods, BoA looked at the group of humans not far from them. "So all I have to do is this..." BoA waved her arm and suddenly all the 'persons' were on the ground, writhing in pain. "Noona!" the angels cried out, horrified. "Not to worry, it's only for a short while. The pain will go away soon." BoA said reassuringly. True enough, within minutes, 15 pairs of wings were spread out at full wingspan. As the fast learners they were, the new angels learnt how to fold their wings and make them appear and disappear in a short period of time under the other angels' coaching.

As the sun was already setting, BoA announced, "Okay, let's stop for the day. Tomorrow you'll be learning how to fly properly." Slowly, as everyone made their way back to their homes and BoA back to Heaven, the clearing became empty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, wings out!" BoA ordered. They were currently undergoing flight lessons from BoA, and after a day, BoA was highly satisfied with her students. I mean, everyone would have to learn faster, if not she would be snapping at them and lecturing them. Today was the day that they would be making the flight to Heaven. At her order, 30 pairs of wings emerged. At the same time, everyone took off. The new angels couldn't wait to see what Heaven was like. They kept on chattering excitedly amongst themselves. The other angels smiled at their soulmates' actions. It would be quite a long flight, though. Within a few hours they would be complaining already.

Finally, amidst much complaint and laughing, they reached Heaven's gates. As the golden gates swung open, BoA announced, "Welcome to your new home, new angels." What met them, took them by surprise. Every single family member of the new angels that had passed away were all standing near the gates, smiling at them.

After reuniting with his family members, Yunho the spot and surveryed his surroundings. Then someone came up beside him. Without turning, Yunho grasped Jaejoong's hand in his. "Welcome home, Yunnie." Jaejoong said happily. "Yes," Yunho thought, "I am home."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The end, guise. Thanks to all readers, silent or not, subscribers, and commentors. If you do not mind, please check out my other stories :)

I hope the ending wasn't too rushed for you... Please leave a comment!

DBSJSHINeEXO <3