Do you remember the day I cried because of you?

Remember, I Love You
Hyesu puts down the recipe book she's reading on the table. She looks through the window, gazing at the beautiful sunset. She is wondering what Junhyung is doing right now.
 
Four months have passed since the day Junhyung called off their wedding. Hyesu was thrown into the abyss in her life; she returned to her worst state, avoiding everyone including her parents and Yoseob.
 
She even almost did a suicide. She was standing at the edge of a tall building she randomly picked, ready to throw herself down. Yoseob was following her secretly when he saw her walking passed his restaurant. He saved her at the right time and since that, Yoseob took a leave from his current job, assuring his mother that he would return after Hyesu was better.
 
It took around a week for Yoseob to regain her faith again. Yoseob cooked for her every day and night. He stayed with her when she went to sleep. He held her hand when she was hiding at the corner of the room. He hugged her when she was crying because she remembered Junhyung.
 
Day by day, week by week, month by month. Yoseob sticks with Hyesu even though he knows that she only loves Junhyung.
 
But they have no way to contact Junhyung anymore. Ever since Junhyung moved to work overseas at Japan, he didn't contact them again. He didn't even tell his parents his contact number but he sent them a letter from random addresses at Japan to tell him he's alright.
 
That way he could live on, forgetting about Hyesu, Yoseob, and his brother. He tried to live a brand new life at Japan and concentrate with his own works.
 
Meanwhile Hyesu finally opened herself little by little again. Yoseob taught her about cook, hoping that maybe Hyesu could help his restaurant if she didn't want to work as art teacher again.
 
Now she is much better than when Junhyung left her. She cut her hair short, up to her shoulders. She doesn't wear her black thick rimmed glasses anymore. She tried to move on with her life.
 
But there are things that never changed from Hyesu.
 
She is still the shy and quiet girl. She doesn't ask for more from Yoseob because it's her happiness to have Yoseob stay by her side all the times. Yoseob never complained about her. Not even once.
 
Hyesu still keeps her engagement ring. She put Junhyung's finger ring and her engagement ring as the pendants of her necklace. She wears it around her neck because she doesn't want to throw away them.
 
Sometimes Hyesu cries at night because the nightmare she has. The day she accidentally killed Junhyung's brother. The day Junhyung said he hated her.
 
But now she is trying her best to return Yoseob's kindness to her. He is the only pillar for her to walk up and live on the world. If it's not because of him, she will not looking at the sunset right now.
 
The only way she knows to return his kindness is to accept his proposal.
 
Yoseob made up his mind to marry Hyesu. Since Junhyung never gave any news to her, since he left her without any explanation and he didn't know how to tell him anymore, he decided to be the one for Hyesu.
 
He proposed to her a week ago but Hyesu was too shocked to answer his proposal. Partly because she is still in love with Junhyung despite the fact that there is almost no possibility for her to return with Junhyung again.
 
Yoseob smiled and told her that it's alright because he didn't want to rush her decision. He loves her so much that he doesn't want to force her. But he thinks that this is the only way for Hyesu to move on perfectly from her past.
 
Today is Hyesu's birthday and she has decided to accept his proposal. She will try to love Yoseob the way he loves her sincerely. She knows this is wrong but there is nothing she can do to help herself.
 
She keeps telling herself that maybe Yoseob is the one for her. She wants to believe that she is destined with Yoseob, not Junhyung.
 
That night Yoseob takes her out to his restaurant for a dinner. He swears his heart is going to explode because of the happiness when Hyesu tells him her answer for his proposal.
 
Yoseob holds her hand and kisses her forehead, telling her that he will make her the happiest woman in the world, the same promise Junhyung gave to her when he proposed her.
 
Hyesu's heart aches when she remembers it but she shoves the thought away because she doesn't want Yoseob to notice her heart is bleeding again by the thought of Junhyung.
 
She helps Yoseob to clean the restaurant till night even though Yoseob has told her that she could return without helping him. But Hyesu answered that she wanted to help her soon-to-be husband, the answer that made Yoseob to flatter.
 
When the clock almost strikes ten, someone enters the already closed restaurant.
 
"I'm sorry, we are clos-" Yoseob looks up from the table to the uninvinted guest but the words are stuck in his throat when he sees who it is. "Junhyung..."
 
Hyesu's heart skips a beat when she hears the name. She looks up to see the person and Yoseob is right. Junhyung is standing right in front of them with his black coat.
 
He just returned from Japan for a visit to his parents. He wanted to meet his parents and pay a visit to his brother's grave. That's when he remembered that today is Hyesu's birthday.
 
Junhyung used the last four months to forget about Hyesu but he couldn't. But he managed to forget about the possibility he would get back with Hyesu again because he couldn't forgive Hyesu for his entire life.
 
He decided to pay a quick visit to Yoseob. No matter what, they are still best friends and this is the least thing he can do for a best friend.
 
It's a surprise for him as well to see Hyesu with Yoseob in the restaurant. He forces a small smile to greet both of them, "Hey. It's been a while."
 
Yoseob exchange looks with Hyesu but Hyesu is freezed on her stand to meet Junhyung again. She excuses herself to the restroom because her tears are threatening to fall.
 
While Yoseob gives him a treat for drink, Junhyung finally manages to ask him about Hyesu's condition. Yoseob tells him everything except the fact that Hyesu has accepted his proposal.
 
He doesn't know how to say it to Junhyung. Somehow he knows that Junhyung still loves Hyesu.
 
"Junhyung Oppa...," Hyesu steps closer to them. She takes a seat next to Yoseob and takes a deep breath. She can't turn back anymore because both of her and Junhyung has chose different paths in life.
 
"I will marry Yoseob Oppa," Hyesu tells him, holding Yoseob's hand under the table. Her heart is pounding; ironically she is hoping that Junhyung will ask her not to marry Yoseob.
 
Junhyung's eyes widen when he hears the news. He feels that someone just stabbed his heart with a knife; his heart is bleeding.
 
"That's...," Junhyung clears his throat awkwardly, "...good."
 
Hyesu's heart sinks immediately but she tries her best not to show it. She doesn't want to hurt Yoseob.
 
And for the first time in his life, Junhyung cries in front of them. Tears roll down on his cheeks even though he has tried to prevent them from falling down.
 
He stands up from his seat, wiping his tears roughly and excuses himself. He needs to be alone now.
 
He knows that Hyesu will move on sooner or later but he doesn't expect Hyesu will marry his best friend.
 
"Hyesu, Yoseob," Junhyung stops when his hand reaches the door with another tear rolls down on his cheek because his heart is aching really bad. "Be happy."