Do you remember the day I confessed to you?

Remember, I Love You
Junhyung makes another home run right when the game is going to end. He throws a glance to Yoseob who gives him two thumbs up.
 
He put downs the baseball bat and looks at a girl on audience seat. The girl notices it and gives him a shy smile, fixing her glasses. Junhyung grins widely, happy to see her smile.
 
"Another ticket for free lunch!" Yoseob circles his arm around Junhyung's shoulder. "Perfect game! Let's celebrate it together!"
 
"And who told me that Hyesu brought bad luck?" Junhyung raises his eyebrow, teasing his best friend. "We're doing perfectly fine even after a month befriended with her."
 
"I told you don't bring that up again!" Yoseob groans with frustration. "Yes, Junhyung, you're right and the rumor was stupid. Happy now?"
 
"Easy, easy," Junhyung ruffles Yoseob's hair and grins happily. They walk to the audience seat, having the girl to sit between them.
 
"How's our play?" Yoseob asks rhetorically. He knows precisely that they were doing very good during the challenge game from the baseball team. "Who's better, Hyesu ah?"
 
"Yah, how many times do you want to ask her that question?" Junhyung laughs and tilts his head to look at Hyesu's face. "Both of us are great, right, Hyesu?"
 
Hyesu nods shyly, biting her bottom lip because her heart is beating really fast. Even though it's been a month since she started to build the friendship between herself, Junhyung, and Yoseob, she still finds herself to act really shy around them.
 
Especially around Junhyung.
 
"Let's have lunch," Yoseob stands up and offers his hand to help Hyesu stand up. "My treat today."
 
Seeing that Hyesu is too shy to take Yoseob's hand, he stands up and offers his hand too, "Come on. Before Yoseob changes his mind."
 
Hyesu reaches out both of her hands shyly and takes both of their hands, standing up from her seat. They leave the baseball field and go straight to have lunch at the cafetaria.
 
"Isn't that the creepy girl?" a girl whispers loudly to her friend when they walk pass their table. "What a nuisance! How could she eat with Junhyung Oppa and Yoseob Oppa?!"
 
Hyesu ignores their harsh words like usual. She stares at the floor and takes the farthest table from them.
 
No matter what she does, in the end she can't do a single thing to stop people from teasing her. Even though Junhyung cut her hair for good, even though Junhyung and Yoseob became her friends, Hyesu is still the exactly same shy girl who becomes the most favorite target to be bullied by the students.
 
But none of them dare to do the extreme treatment again like pour her with water or push her down to the ground because Junhyung and Yoseob always stick around her, acting as her bodyguards.
 
Unfortunately this is one of the reasons why most girls hate her. They doesn't like how Junhyung and Yoseob protect her, believing that Hyesu used dark magic to win over their hearts.
 
"Yah, yo-" Yoseob is going to complaint to the gossiping girls but Hyesu tugs his sleeve, stopping him from defending her again. She shakes her head slowly and Yoseob gets the sign.
 
He sighs and sits with Hyesu and Junhyung. Yoseob tries his best to ignore the girls and opens up a conversation about the new movie he wants to watch while eating his food.
 
But some students feel irritated just by the scene of two most popular guys in their university to sit down with a nerd like Hyesu. They start whispering to each other, feeling disgusted by Hyesu because she uses the boys to stand up for her.
 
Hyesu looks down on her almost finished food. She wants to close her ears, preventing the rumor from filling her mind. Although she never said a word about the bullying to Junhyung and Yoseob, both of them know she must be really hurt to hear all of the rumor.
 
Hyesu, being raised as the youngest child in her family with two older sisters who are busy working overseas, feels grateful enough that Junhyung and Yoseob wanted to be friend with her. She is afraid that if she responds to the rumor, she will lose them as friends.
 
While Junhyung, the guy who doesn't like inappropriate acts towards a girl, sighs heavily when the whispering becomes louder. He doesn't understand why they never stop talking about someone else.
 
"Yah," Junhyung stands up, gaining the attention of all students in the cafetaria. Even Hyesu and Yoseob look up at him with disbelief looks.
 
"There is no such thing as dark magic engulfed our mind. We're thinking perfectly clear and I think you need to watch your words before talking about someone else," Junhyung states firmly. "You never know how much words can hurt someone."
 
"Junhyung...," Hyesu tries to stop him but Junhyung doesn't hear her because he is focusing on the crowd.
 
"Did she do something that harm you? No. Did she say bad thing about you? No. Then why can you be nice with her?" Junhyung continues with serious expression. He has held the thought inside of him for a while and he thinks it's the time for him to speak out.
 
He glances at Hyesu who is blushing because of his defending words for her. She knows he will defend her but she never expected him to talk at public like this. Right next to her, Yoseob whistles with excitement since he agrees with Junhyung.
 
But his next words are not something they have predicted.
 
"I hope you don't mind see her like you always see me," Junhyung returns his gaze to the crowd, "since she is my girlfriend."
 
Yoseob's jaw drops open because of the sudden statement. Hyesu covers with both of her hands. She gasps in shock; this is totally not in her expectations list.
 
"What?!" a brave girl exclaims with a frown. "No way! She is your girlfriend?!"
 
Being his usual ignorant self, Junhyung rubs the back of his neck and glances at Hyesu softly, having a curve on his lips, "Not yet."
 
"Eh?" the girl doesn't believe what she just heard. The other students start whispering again, thinking that maybe Junhyung is only trying to stop people from bullying Hyesu.
 
"Let's go," Junhyung puts his hands in his pockets, giving a sign for Hyesu and Yoseob to stand up. "We have class in fifteen minutes."
 
Hyesu walks out from the cafetaria, feeling uncomfortable with the stares from all students. They stop when they reach Hyesu's classroom.
 
"Yah, Junhyung ah, are you serious about what you just said?" Yoseob grabs his shoulder but Junhyung only gives him a smile.
 
"Can you go to the class first?" Junhyung pats Yoseob's shoulder. "I need to talk with Hyesu."
 
With hesitation, Yoseob walks away after bidding his goodbye to Hyesu. He leaves Junhyung and Hyesu in silence.
 
He asks her to follow him and sit on the empty chairs near her classroom. Hyesu follows him with blushed cheeks, having no word to say.
 
"Thank you...," Hyesu murmurs, breaking the silence between them, "...for helping me again."
 
"You're very welcome," Junhyung pats her head gently. "And it's not only mere words, Hyesu ah."
 
Her heart skips a beat when she hears his words. She looks at him with clueless expression, making him to chuckle because of her cute reaction.
 
"I'm sorry for being so bold with calling you as my girlfriend," Junhyung mutters calmly. "I hope you don't mind."
 
Hyesu shakes her head quickly. Instead of feeling angry or else, a part of her wonders if Junhyung is serious about the statement. At first, she adores him because of his gentle attitudes but she grows fond of him in time.
 
"And I hope you don't mind if I really ask you to become my girlfriend," Junhyung finally speaks out his mind.
 
Junhyung never thought about having a girlfriend these years because he didn't have any interests on girls around him. He spent most of his times with Yoseob.
 
Until he met Hyesu.
 
He knows that Hyesu is far from men's ideal type. She is shy, quite, and not pretty. But for Junhyung, she is a sweet, calm, and interesting girl. And he wants to protect her so she can smile more often.
 
He realized that he started to harbor a feeling towards Hyesu when the butterflies in his stomach danced whenever he saw Hyesu's sweet smile. The feeling he never felt from another girl who fancied him.
 
Hyesu swears that if her heart can, it must be exploding inside of her body now because of the confession.
 
She is thinking whether it's only a dream or not because the popular Yong Junhyung just asked her to be his girlfriend.
 
"I will protect you," Junhyung tucks her hair behind her ear with soft gaze. "It's a promise. Will you let me protect you?"
 
Hyesu blushes immediately because of his gesture. While her mind keeps assuring that maybe this is just a sweet dream and she will wake up to face the reality, Hyesu can't help herself to smile.
 
"Yes...," Hyesu answers Junhyung with a sincere smile.