Do you remember the day I hated you?

Remember, I Love You
"Hyesu, please open the door," Yoseob knocks the door desperately. He has been doing this every day and night whenever it's possible for him to do it. "Hyesu, it's me, Yoseob. Will you please open the door for me?"
 
Two weeks have passed since the incident where Hyesu killed Junhyung's younger brother accidentally. It took three days for the police officer to receive information from Hyesu due to the shock she was suffering.
 
At first Yoseob couldn't do a thing since Hyesu shut . He tried to talk with Junhyung but ended up having door slammed on his face; Junhyung was really furious that he didn't want to listen to anyone including Yoseob.
 
All he knew was Hyesu killed his brother. She apologized to him, meaning she did it herself. Junhyung was too deep in his emotion that he didn't even want to understand why Hyesu did it.
 
After Yoseob found out about what happened, he quickly called Junhyung but he rejected his phone calls. Yoseob tried to send him text messages, begging him to pick up the phone so he could explain everything but Junhyung didn't respond.
 
Yoseob came over his apartment after his works but Junhyung wasn't there. He locked himself at night in his office, drowning himself in his work that didn't develop at all. Yoseob even tried to come to his office but Junhyung called the security guard to shove him away.
 
He sent more than ten text messages each day, trying to explain what happened but when Junhyung read his name as the sender, he immediately deleted the messages. He blocked all access Yoseob had to reach him.
 
So the last thing he could do was a visit to his parents. For his surprise, Junhyung's parents already knew about the reason behind the incident since the police officer talked to them; Junhyung didn't want to listen to the explanation.
 
They tried to talk with Junhyung but the moment he heard Hyesu's name, his face changed and he cut off the conversation. He didn't want to hear whatever about Hyesu because his heart ached whenever Hyesu was mentioned.
 
Not only Yoseob tried to seek for Junhyung for the explanation. He needs Junhyung to talk with Hyesu for her own good. She locks herself in her room, refusing to have food and drink until Yoseob comes for a visit.
 
Her parents are desperate with her condition. They begged Junhyung's parents for help but they couldn't help it because Junhyung refused everything. That's why they met Yoseob for his help to persuade Hyesu.
 
Hyesu opens the door and then runs back to the corner of her room, hugging her knees with fear in her eyes. There are dark circles under her eyes because she barely can sleep. The scene of the incident still lingers in her mind and it keeps repeating when she closes her eyes.
 
She is way more skinny than she is supposed to be. If Yoseob doesn't ask her to eat, she will probably end up with no food and drink even though she is suffering. Her mother even helped her to take a bath once in a while with teary eyes.
 
"Hyesu ah...," Yoseob looks at her with sad eyes. It is torturing him as well to see Hyesu like this: her hair is messy, her face is pale, her eyes are swollen.
 
He still loves her. That's why he doesn't want her to torture herself anymore. He understands that Junhyung is mad at her. He lost his own brother because of the one he loves.
 
But Junhyung is supposed to be the one who stays with Hyesu now. He is the only one who can give strength for Hyesu to live on but he doesn't want to do it.
 
"Hyesu ah," Yoseob reaches out his hand to hold her hand, making her to flinch a little because of his touch. He hesitates for seconds, remembering what happened during the first time he came over for her.
 
Hyesu screamed like a lunatic when Yoseob held her shoulder. She threw things all across the room, begging him to not hurt her. All she could remember was she almost got and Junhyung was really mad at her.
 
Yoseob took more than three hours to persuade her, telling her over and over that he would never hurt her. Yoseob stayed till midnight and finally Hyesu stopped struggling, letting Yoseob to hold her hand.
 
She knows that she is supposed to be grateful because she didn't get . But to have nightmare every night, to be tortured like this, she feels that it is better for her to do suicide. Fortunately, Yoseob tries to make her conscious enough to live on.
 
Yoseob manages to lead Hyesu to her bed. The only thing he can do to comfort her is hold her hand, embracing it gently so she knows that he will always be there for her.
 
With hesitation, Yoseob shifts closer to her and puts his arm around her shoulder, pulling her close until she rests her head on his chest. He is glad that Hyesu lets him to hug her.
 
Feeling the warmth from his hug, Hyesu remembers Junhyung once again and her tears roll down again. She has been crying every day and every night, both because of the fear and sadness dwelled in her heart.
 
"Ssh, ssh," Yoseob wipes away her tears with his thumb slowly, giving her a comforting smile. "Don't cry again, Hyesu ah. I'm here."
 
He leans closer to kiss her forehead but Hyesu pushes him away; she doesn't ready yet to have further body contact with a man.
 
"I-I'm sorry," Yoseob mentally curses himself. He pats her head softly, giving her another smile, "I'm not going to hurt you. I promise."
 
Yoseob holds her hand again, embracing it with love. He promises to himself if Junhyung doesn't want to stay with her anymore, he will be the one to stay with her.
 
"Sleep, okay?" Yoseob asks her. He knows she lacks of sleep and she needs rest. "I'll stay with you. You will see me when you wake up. I'm not going anywhere."
 
Hyesu is afraid that she will see the nightmare again. But her heart melts when she feels Yoseob's warmth towards her. She finally lays down on her bed, still holding his hand firmly.
 
"Just think of me if you're afraid," Yoseob sits next to her, smiling as he stares at her beautiful eyes. "Remember, I'm here with you."
 
Hyesu embraces his hand, pulling it close to her lips. She closes her eyes and lets her lips to touch the back of his hand. Another tear escapes her eyes as she remembers Junhyung again.
 
She is wondering where he is. She misses him. She wants to be hugged by him. She wants to feel his kisses again.
 
After seconds of hesitation, Yoseob leans closer to her. He kisses her tears away and he can feel Hyesu bites her bottom lip because of the cold lips of him. He intertwines his fingers with hers and lands a soft kiss on her forehead.
 
All of a sudden the unlocked door is opened by someone. Yoseob quickly turns around to see who it is and his eyes widen in shock to see Junhyung.
 
Junhyung spent his days like a man without destination. His works are messed up because his brain is stressed out. He blocked the world from himself because he was mad with the world.
 
It was really frustrating and unbelievable that the one he really loves killed his own brother. It's the first time he turned out to be like this.
 
He lost his own identity. The gentle and loving Yong Junhyung. The friendly and caring Yong Junhyung.
 
That's why when he received the offer to work overseas at Japan, he immediately accepted it. He wanted to clear his mind because he knew his life must keep going on.
 
When he walked back to his apartment, he didn't know why his feet led him to Hyesu's house. He still loves Hyesu yet he denies it because his heart is bleeding to remember that Hyesu is the cause of his brother's death.
 
But perhaps, he ensured himself, he needed to talk with Hyesu for the last time. He really loves her that secretly he wants to see her face before he leave.
 
Hyesu's parents welcomed him with warm hugs. The moment they wanted to explain what happened to Junhyung, he quickly cut and told them that he wanted to see Hyesu. Thinking that maybe it's the chance for him to talk with Hyesu properly, they let him to go to her room.
 
Little did they know about Yoseob's feelings that drift him to comfort Hyesu lovingly. And that's when Junhyung opened the door to find his best friend was leaning close to his fiancee on the bed.
 
"So this is what you two did when I wasn't around, eh?" Junhyung hisses, gritting his teeth. The blood rushes to his brain and emotion takes control of him again. "And I am the biggest fool. My best friend and my fiancee. Ah, my ex-fiancee!"
 
Hyesu sits up with teary eyes. It's all misunderstanding but all she can do is shaking her head desperately. She crawls down from her bed to Junhyung. She even kneels down to beg him to listen to her.
 
Junhyung pulls away and glares at her and Yoseob. He feels betrayed by two persons he loves the most in the world.
 
"Junhyung, listen-" Yoseob wants to explain. He knows what he did is wrong but if only Junhyung knows what happened, maybe he will understand him.
 
But Junhyung doesn't want to believe him anymore. He believes what he sees. And one thing for sure he knows is his own best friend loves Hyesu.
 
Junhyung takes off his promise ring he wears on his ring finger, the one Hyesu chose for him a week after he proposed to her. He tosses it to the floor.
 
He doesn't cry. He doesn't even have tears to cry because his anger fills his heart. He storms out from the room after telling his last words to Hyesu.
 
The last words that stabs her heart before he leaves her to Japan for his works, to forget his past with Hyesu.
 
"I hate you."