Do you remember the day I made you smile?

Remember, I Love You
"There you go," Yoseob tosses a can of cola to Junhyung. He sits next to him and grins, "How about the challenge from the baseball team? We can win easily."
 
"With that Son Dongwoon?" Junhyung takes a sip of his cola. "He is the ace of the baseball team, you know."
 
"Is Junhyung scared with the junior?" Yoseob teases him with a wide grin. "This is a big news for your girl fans. The cool Yong Junhyung is afraid of young Son Dongwoon."
 
"Shut up, Yoseob," Junhyung slaps his shoulder playfully. "Do I need to remind you that you lost a bet with me two weeks ago? Want to bet again?"
 
"Yah! Don't bring that again! Maybe you're just immune to the girl!" Yoseob complaints, pouting his lips. "Gayoon fell from the stairs last week!"
 
"But nothing happened to me," Junhyung drinks all of his cola. He throws the can to the trash can and looks at Yoseob. "And, I think I've told you before, her name is Hyesu."
 
They talk about the challenge from baseball team before Yoseob bids him goodbye because he has to help his mother's restaurant while Junhyung still wants to stay at the university.
 
After he departs with Yoseob, Junhyung walks to the old building area. He wants to meet Hyesu again because he is really curious with the girl. Plus he wants to return her little notebook.
 
He never told Yoseob about this place because he thinks it's impolite if he tells someone else about Hyesu's hiding place. After all, he never met the girl again since his first visit to this place.
 
Fortunately today Hyesu visits the place again. She is sitting under the exactly same tree where Junhyung met her before. She thinks she has her own secret spot again after two weeks of hiding in the library.
 
Junhyung steps slowly, trying his best not to make a single sound. He stops behind the tree, taking a peek of what Hyesu is doing.
 
She is knitting a white sweater carefully. Junhyung reaches his hand to tap her shoulder but the sound of footsteps stop him immediately.
 
"Are you sure?" a girl giggles. Her boyfriend lifts her to pass the fence with a smirk, giving her assuring nod.
 
"Come on," the boy starts kissing her neck, wrapping one of his arm around her waist while his other hand is holding a bottle of beer. "Let's have fun. No one is here."
 
Hyesu quickly puts down her stuff and puts them back in her bag because she doesn't want them to see her. Junhyung hides himself behind the tree, safe from their sight. But Hyesu is not out from the sight and the girl sees her.
 
"W-Wait," she stops the boy from kissing her. She points to Hyesu with disgusted expression, "Isn't that the creepy girl? What is she doing here?"
 
Hyesu hides her face with her long hair, feeling embarassed with the scene she just saw and the fact that they see her.
 
"Tsk, so it's her hiding place?" the boy ruffles his own hair, feeling unhappy because he needs to pause himself from his fun. "Yah, creepy girl! Go away!"
 
Hyesu flinches because of the harsh words. She stands up with her bag but, for her surprise, the boy has stood in front of her with a smirk.
 
He pours the beer on her, laughing with satisfaction, "Aren't we nice? We let you watched hot scene and I give you drink!"
 
His girlfriend laughs along with him, amused by the scene where Hyesu is soaked by the beer. Her clothes are drenched but she just stands still.
 
Junhyung can't take it anymore. He steps out from his hideout and tosses away the beer bottle, making it to hit the ground. He stands in front of Hyesu with serious expression, "That's not an appropriate manner to treat a girl."
 
"Yong Junhyung?" the girl gasps in surprise. Both of them recognizes Junhyung and they can't help themselves to be surprised by his presence. Not to mention he is defending Hyesu.
 
"What is this?" the boy grins, assuming things in his mind. "The famous Yong Junhyung is standing out for the creepy girl! This is a big news!"
 
Hyesu stares down on the ground. She is really surprised by Junhyung's sudden appeareance. Especially because he stands in front of her, protecting her from the extreme joke of a student.
 
"Do whatever you want with your girl," Junhyung ignores him and grabs Hyesu's hand. He glares at the guy with serious expression, "Don't try to pick a fight with me. I mean it."
 
The boy freezes on his stand because of Junhyung's deadly glare. Junhyung drags Hyesu away from the couple, out from the university area. He drags her to the nearby restroom.
 
Hyesu forces herself to stop because Junhyung is dragging her to male restroom. She is still conscious enough to look at the sign. Besides it's not the first time she received this kind of barbaric treatment.
 
"No one is inside," Junhyung speaks out calmly, closing the already opened door. "You need to change your clothes. I will guard the door for you while you change. Come on."
 
Junhyung is too strong for her. She enters the restroom with heavy steps. Junhyung takes off his jacket and then his black shirt without any warning, revealing his abs.
 
Hyesu immediately turns around, feeling embarassed because it's her first time to see body of a man directly. She doesn't understand why she follows Junhyung till here.
 
"Wear it," Junhyung hands her the black shirt. He has wore his jacket as the substitute of his shirt. Junhyung turns his body so he can't see Hyesu. "I'm not going to peek on you. Go change your shirt."
 
Hyesu just stands in silence with Junhyung's shirt in her hands. She doesn't know what she should do. But when she feels cold because of the beer and she can't stand the smell, she takes off her T-shirt and wears Junhyung's black shirt, which is totally not her size. She folds her wet cloth an put it inside her bag, hoping that it won't leave a stain on her bag.
 
She tugs Junhyung's sleeve, looking down at the floor. He turns around and smiles to know that she has changed her wet cloth. But he frowns when he looks at her messy drenched hair.
 
"Don't you know that hair is a woman's crowning glory?" Junhyung reaches out his hand to touch her long hair. "You need to fix your haircut."
 
Without waiting for her reply, Junhyung holds her hand again and drags her out from the restroom. They walk to a nearby park and he tells her to sit on a bench.
 
"Give me your scissor," Junhyung says calmly. "I know you have one in your bag. I need to borrow it for a while."
 
Hyesu obeys him and takes the scissors she usually uses to cut the strings when she is knitting. Junhyung asks her about a comb and she remembers that she does have a comb that she never used in her bag.
 
"Let's see what I can do to you," Junhyung touches his lips with his thumb, trying to find a way to tidy her hair. "It will take a while but stay still. Okay?"
 
She doesn't know why she listens to him but she nods slowly, hiding her blushed cheeks with her long hair. Somehow she has a feeling that this guy won't hurt her.
 
Junhyung combs her long hair gently, working the tangled hair. He cuts her hair carefully, trying to shape it. He tells Hyesu to close her eyes when he works with her bangs so her bangs won't cover her eyes anymore.
 
After around twenty minutes of hard work, Junhyung smiles, satisfied with his amateur work, "Now you're done."
 
Hyesu opens her eyes and looks at Junhyung. He is giving her a friendly smile that makes her blush madly. She avoids his gaze and clenches her fists, feeling embarassed when she remembers she just let a guy other than her father to touch her hair.
 
"Soo Hyesu," Junhyung mentions her name. She takes a glance at him, surprised because he knows her name. It's obvious why Hyesu knows his name because he is really famous but she doesn't expect him to know her name.
 
Junhyung takes the little notebook from his pocket and hands it to Hyesu, "It's yours, right? You dropped it when we met for the first time."
 
She takes it with hesitation. She doesn't understand why Junhyung is really nice towards her. In the other hand, Junhyung doesn't understand why the other students treat her so bad. He knows that Yoseob would do the same like what he did, defending Hyesu, if he was there with him.
 
"My name is Yong Junhyung," Junhyung introduces himself with a smile. Even though he knew her name already, he wants to hear her voice. "May I know your name?"
 
Hyesu blinks in surprise. She doesn't want to say a word but Junhyung has saved her. Besides she feels comfortable when he is with her.
 
"Soo Hyesu...," she says her name with doubt. She doesn't dare to look at Junhyung so she acts as if she is introducing herself to her own hands.
 
"Yah, look at the person when you are talking to them," Junhyung ruffles her hair and it makes her to blush even more. "It's a common manner."
 
Slowly but sure, Hyesu looks at Junhyung and murmurs, "My name is Soo Hyesu..."
 
"Good girl," Junhyung grins and pats her head. "Nice to know you, Hyesu ah."
 
She nods, biting her bottom lip because she feels extremely nervous now. It's the first time she feels something like this and she doesn't know why.
 
"Ah, I'm sorry if you don't like the haircut," Junhyung tilts his head, checking Hyesu's hair. "I used to cut Yoseob's hair sometimes but I never cut long hair before."
 
Hyesu gives him a slight nod as a sign that she is listening to him. She doesn't know what to say. She doesn't even know what to think.
 
"I remember that I used a big bowl to cut his hair during my first attempt to cut his hair," Junhyung opens up a conversation, remembering the day he cut Yoseob's hair when they were still high school students. "Our classmates called him YangBowl for the whole week."
 
Hyesu quickly covers with her hand to hold her urge to chuckle. But Junhyung notices it and he pats her head again, "Laugh if you want to. Don't hold it. People said you can be crazy if you hold too much laughter inside."
 
Hyesu lowers her hand and her gaze softens when their eyes meet. Her lips turn into a curve, forming into a small but sweet smile.
 
"Smile more often," Junhyung feels glad to see her smile. "I like it when you smile."