Chapter 9: Chorus

A Song for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Y-Yong Hwa?” Shin Hye uttered. Her big eyes grew even bigger.

 

“Wae? You looked surprised. You’re not even blinking,” Yong Hwa said with a teasing smile on his face.

 

“A-ani. It’s just that I didn’t expect to see you here,” she said as she stood up.

 

“Ah, jinja? What are you--” His words were cut off. A girl approached him from behind and put her arm around his waist.

 

 “Let me finish your question, honey,” she said looking at Yong Hwa and then she turned to Shin Hye, with an eyebrow raised. “What are you doing here? Stalking my boyfriend? Still can’t get over him, huh?”

 

“Seohyun, stop it!” Yong Hwa said grabbing her elbow.

 

“And why would I do that?” Shin Hye asked in a serious tone. She was annoyed by her questions. She should be the one who’s mad at them because of what they did to her, not Seohyun. Based on this woman’s tone of voice, it was as if she was the one who wronged them.

 

“Why? Of course because you still love him and you want him back. That’s why you came all the way here. Am I right?”

 

Shin Hye let out an annoyed laugh. The girl was getting on her nerves not because she was jealous but because of the way she questioned her. She had already moved on, and wanted to focus more on her dream. She stopped loving him since the day he left her for Seohyun, the girl who planned to ruin their relationship from the very start and succeeded in the end.

 

Before Shin Hye could respond, someone called her name.

 

“Shin Hye..”

 

“O-Oppa,” she said upon seeing Kyuhyun walking towards her.

 

“Did I miss something?” he asked, smiling brightly at her, and then his gaze went to Yong Hwa and Seohyun.

 

Yong Hwa and Seohyun looked at each other and then turned to Kyuhyun.

 

“A-Annyeong. I’m Yong Hwa--”

 

“Shin Hye’s EX-boyfriend,” Seohyun butted in, giving emphasis on the word ‘ex’. “And I’m Seohyun, his present girlfriend. And you are?”

 

Yong Hwa glared at her, but she ignored him.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun-imnida. Shin Hye’s boyfriend,” he said as he held Shin Hye’s hand, his fingers intertwined with hers, and smiled sweetly at her.

 

Shin Hye was surprised with his gesture, but she didn’t make it obvious as she knew that he was trying to help her get out of the situation, so he played along with him.

 

Seohyun was dumbfounded, unable to say a word.

 

“Uhm, would you guys like to join us?” Kyuhyun asked them.

 

“A-Ani. I mean, we’d love to, but we can’t. We’re actually about to leave. I-I forgot something at home, so yeah, we have to go now,” Yong Hwa stuttered. Then he turned to Seohyun, “Let’s go.”

 

He grabbed her again by the elbow, but before they could walk away, Kyuhyun called him.

 

“Yong Hwa-ssi!”

 

Yong Hwa turned around. “N-Neh?”

 

“Uhm, jeongmal kamsahamnida,” Kyuhyun said with a smile on his face. Shin Hye gazed at him, puzzled.

 

“For what?” he asked with a confused expression. Seohyun looked at his boyfriend and then at Kyuhyun.

 

He chuckled. “For letting Shin Hye go. If you didn’t, then I would have not met her, and I wouldn’t get the chance to love someone as precious as her the way she deserved to be loved.”

 

He was for a moment unable to speak. “Ah..n-neh.” Yong Hwa finally found his voice, then he turned to Shin Hye. “Mianhae, Shin Hye-yah,” he said, and then he turned around and walked away. Seohyun followed him from behind.

 

When they’re no longer in sight, Shin Hye let out a sigh of relief, and then she noticed that their hands were still intertwined.

 

“Mianhae,” Kyuhyun apologized to her as they let go of each other’s hands. There was a brief moment of silence as they sat down.

 

“Daebak! What are you? An actor?” she said, breaking the silence. She was trying to get rid of the awkwardness between them.

 

Kyuhyun laughed. “Maybe in my past life.”

 

Shin Hye laughed with him. “Thank you for the nth time, but how did you--”

 

“The present girlfriend told me, remember? And you mentioned earlier that you saw someone wearing a red and black plaid shirt and thought that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter