Chapter 1: Prelude

A Song for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Shin Hye-yah, Shin Hye-yah..!” A loud voice calling her name awakened her from her nap. She was at the corner of the kitchen, sitting on a chair with her head resting on her right arm on the table. It was Lee Yu-bi.

 

“Wae?” Shin Hye asked softly while rubbing her eyes.

 

Yu-bi pouted upon hearing her question. “Aishhh. Wae? Is that all you can say? What do you think you are doing? Sleeping soundly at this very hour? Are you out of your mind?”

 

Shin Hye was appalled when Yu-bi started to bombard her with questions, then she looked at her watch. It was 11:05 in the evening. She stood up from her seat and stretched both of her arms. “Hmmmm, this felt so good.”

 

Yu-bi looked at her with a confused expression. Shin Hye smiled at her. “Take it easy, Yu-bi. I was just taking a nap. I haven’t had enough sleep last night. I couldn’t even sleep this morning because as you know, today is Wednesday, I work part time at the bookstore, remember?”

 

Shin Hye has three jobs. She works in a small restaurant as a waitress and sometimes a dishwasher from Monday-Saturday , 3:00 PM until 11:00PM. She also has a part time job on a bookstore every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM. On Saturdays, she works as a cashier reliever at a convenience store nearby from 9:00 AM to 12:00 NN. Sunday is the only day of the week that she can rest, but unfortunately she still can’t lie on her bed and sleep all day. She has to do her laundry and grocery shopping.

 

“I’m so aware of that, but we still have a lot to do, and sleeping... or should I say taking a nap is not on the list. And besides when Mrs. Jung caught you AGAIN, then you’re really dead.”

 

Mrs. Jung is the owner of the restaurant. She is very nice to the customers but rude to her employees especially to Shin Hye as she’s often caught taking a nap before her shift ends.

 

“But she left early, and I heard that she has an appointment tonight. I’m sure she went straight home after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter