Chapter 6: Capo (The Beginning)

A Song for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost 1:00 in the afternoon when they reached Sukira. It was actually a 30-minute motorcycle-ride from where the convenience store is to the bar, but since Kyuhyun wanted Shin Hye to enjoy her first motorcycle experience, he drove a little slower than his usual speed.

 

They parked his bike in the designated area and pulled off their helmets.

 

“Here we are,” he said.

 

They alighted from his motorcycle and made their way to the bar’s entrance.

 

Shin Hye was walking closely behind Kyuhyun. She was amazed at how huge the building is.

 

“Su..ki..ra,” she muttered as she read the bar’s name affixed to the front facade of the building.

 

As they walked towards the entrance, they saw two guards in front. One was too busy talking on the phone and the other one was looking at them. He seemed to recognize Kyuhyun.

 

“Annyeong! Manager Jang has just arrived. He’s probably in his office by now,” one of the guards greeted him.

 

“Annyeong hasseyo, Ahjussi! I’m with my friend. He’s expecting us,” he said cheerfully.

 

The guard smiled as he opened the door and let them in.

 

“Kamsahamnida,” they said in unison as they bowed their heads.

 

Shin Hye was even more amazed when they entered the bar. It has a luxurious interior and a high ceiling that made the place look much bigger. It consists of two floors. The first floor was divided into two. The main room has rows of tables and chairs on both sides and LED high top tables in between. A wide stage was set up in front, fully-equipped with high-end light and sound system.

 

As they walked, she caught a glimpse of the lavish bar counter that offers a wide selection of drinks. She was also able to take a brief look at the vast dance floor next door.

 

“Wow, this place is huge!” she said to herself.

 

“Neh? Are you saying something?” he asked as he stopped and turned his head when he heard her spoke from behind him.

 

“Aniyo. I was just mesmerized by everything. This place is..is..” she struggled to find the right word. “..daebak!” she said helplessly, still couldn’t think of the right word.

 

“Ahhh, jinja? Neh, I think so, too,” he said smiling at her.

 

“Uhm, what’s on the second floor?” she asked curiously.

 

Kyuhyun looked upstairs, then back at her, smiling. “Skyboxes – that’s how the VIP rooms are called, and a balcony overlooking the main room from this side and the dance floor on the other side.

 

“Ahhhh,” was all she could say, still lost for words.

 

“Uhm, so can we go now?” he asked.

 

“Neh, neh. Let’s go,” she said, her eyes continued to roam around as she walked. She looked at the stage again where some people were gearing up to start rehearsals. She let out a sigh.

 

‘How I wish I could also sing on that stage,’ she thought feeling envious.

 

She tried to wash away her thoughts as she followed Kyuhyun. She had to focus on finding herself a new job. Her dream can wait.

 

 

Geun Suk had just finished a phone call when he heard a knock on his door.

 

After the third knock, Kyuhyun pushed the door slightly and peeked inside.

 

“Hyung!” he called out with a big smile plastered on his face.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, come in, come in,” Geun Suk said as he stood up.

 

Kyuhyun went in and walked towards his friend’s table, while Shin Hye remained standing in the doorway.

 

“So what brings you here, you punk?” Geun Suk said as he tousled his friend’s hair.

 

“Eyyy. Well, uhm, I’d like you to meet Shin---” he paused as he searched for her. He thought she was either beside him or behind him, but she wasn’t. He turned to the door and found her standing there. He made his way to where she was, held her wrist and pulled her towards Geun Suk’s table.

 

Geun Suk looked at her, a smile formed on his face as they come closer to him.

 

“Hyung, this is Park Shin Hye---” he hadn’t finished his words when Geun Suk interrupted him.

 

“Ahhh.. She must be your new girlfriend, eh? The one you’re bragging about three days ago?” he teased.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Shin Hye, her eyes fixed on his, too. Then they looked at Geun Suk. Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

“Uhm, hyung---” his words were cut off again.

 

“No wonder you seem happy these days, she’s really very pretty,” he said as he walked towards her, keeping his eyes fixed on her.

 

“What are you talking about, hyung?” he asked, then burst out into laughter.

 

“Wae? Didn’t you call me three days ago just to brag about your new baby? Well, just a piece of advice, make her wear a helmet all the time, so she’ll never have any head injuries and forget about you,” he said laughing.

 

Shin Hye and Kyuhyun looked at each other again. Both were trying to suppress their laughter.

 

“Uhm, hyung. She’s not my..uhm.. girlfriend. I was actually talking about my new bike when I called you before. I think you..uhm..might have misunderstood it?” he explained, scrat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter