Chapter 4: Rhythm

A Song for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun and Shin Hye were enjoying their food quietly when the suitcase beside her caught his attention.

 

“So, Shin Hye, right?” he asked, making sure that he said her name correctly. “If you don’t mind me asking, are you going on vacation?” he continued as he took another look at her suitcase.

 

Shin Hye smiled at him and took a bite of her sandwich.

 

“W-well, you may not answer it if you don’t want to,” he said, forcing a laugh. “S-sorry,” he added as he scratched the back of his neck, feeling embarrassed.

 

He knew he was a complete stranger to her, so he could understand if she wouldn’t answer his question, but his face lightened up when she did.

 

“Actually, I have just arrived here in Seoul. I came from a small town you probably never heard of,” she said and then laughed shyly.

 

“Ah, jinja? So, do you have relatives here?” he asked as he gulped his juice.

 

She shook her head.

 

“Uhm, friends, maybe?”

 

She shook her head again.

 

“Ahhhhh, probably a boyfriend?” he guessed.

 

She let out a soft chuckle. “I’m actually going to look for a place to stay later.”

 

“I see..... So, do you need any help?” he asked smiling brightly.

 

“Oh, no, no. I’ll be fine. I’m sure there’s a lot around here,” she replied as she smiled back at him.

 

“O-okay,” he said.

 

“Uhm, thanks again for buying me this,” she said holding her bottled juice. “....a-and I’m so sorry about that,” she added, pointing at his stained shirt.

 

“This? It’s fine. Forget it. I should be the one apologizing for what I did.”

 

Shin Hye smiled shyly at him. Then she looked at her watch.

 

“Omo, I think I have to go,” she said as she stood up from her seat.

 

“Ah, jinja?” He also looked at his own watch. “O-okay,” he said as he thought of something. “Uhm, could you wait another minute? I’ll just get something inside,” he added glancing at the direction of the store.

 

“S-sure,” she replied with a confused expression.

 

“I’ll be quick, I promise,” he said as he winked at her.

 

Kyuhyun immediately gathered the empty bottles and brown paper bags from their table, discarded them in the nearest trash bin and made his way to the convenience store. He went inside the store to borrow a pen and paper from the cashier.

 

After a minute or two, he went out of the store holding a piece of paper.

 

“Here. Take this,” he said, handing her the paper.

 

“What’s this?” she asked as she took it from him.

 

“My number. Call me if you need any help,” he said and then smiled.

 

 “Kamsahamnida,” she said as she bowed her head.

 

“You better get going before it gets late.”

 

“Arasso,” she said as she took her luggage and started to walk away.

 

 

Kyuhyun went straight home. He punched in his code and opened the door. He placed his helmet on the table and sank into the couch.

 

He closed his eyes and the thought of the girl that he met a while ago flashed into his mind.

 

“Shin Hye...,” h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter