Chapter 2: Out of Tune

A Song for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Sunday, and Shin Hye was able to sleep long. She reached for the clock on the bedside table and checked for the time. It’s 9:00 AM.

 

“Thank God I’m done with the laundry last night.” She murmured. “But my body hurts, ugh!” She decided to go back to sleep.

 

The restaurant where she works closed early last night. Mrs. Jung told the employees that they will be closing at 7:00 PM. She did not give any reason, and they didn’t have the guts to ask for it. At first, Shin Hye felt bad that they will not be paid fully for her shift that night, but upon realizing that she can do her laundry after work and she can get longer hours of sleep the next day, she’s fine with it.

 

When she woke up and checked the time again, it was already past 11:00 in the morning. As much as she wanted to lie on her bed the whole day, she couldn’t. She has to go to the nearby store to buy some food and her other needs. She got up and went straight to the bathroom.

 

 

Kyuhyun was having his breakfast at his apartment when his phone rang. After a number of rings, he reluctantly picked up his phone and answered it without looking who the caller was.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“YAH! YAH! I thought you’re not gonna answer it anymore. What took you so long? Aish! Are you trying to avoid me? Where are you? Answer me!” The caller yelled at him. The voice was familiar. It was Kim Yoon Hye, his long-time girlfriend. She sounded annoyed.

 

He frowned as he hung up the phone. His head hurts from drinking last night. He did not drink that much, just enough to make him half-drunk, he thought. He was pissed. He doesn’t want to be nagged this early.

 

Kyuhyun continued eating his breakfast. After a few minutes, his phone rang again. He checked who the caller was, and it was her again. He answered it but before he could speak, Yoon Hye spoke first.

 

“I’m sorry. I’ve been calling you for days with no answer and you never called back. Not even a text. I’m..um..kinda worried about you, you know?” she said in a low tone.

 

“I’m okay.”

 

“Well..um..that’s good to hear. B-but why are you not answering my calls? I mean..are you.. are you mad? Look, I’m sorry if I can’t come home yet. I still have tons of work to do in here. You understand, right?”

 

“Yes, I think,” he said listlessly.

 

“Please don’t be like that. This won’t take long. I’ll be coming home soon, I promise.”

 

“I’ve been...” Before he could finish what he was about to say, Yoon Hye interrupted him, “Hey, I have to go. They’re waiting for me. Call you later. Bye.” Then she hung up.

 

He sighed, throwing his phone on the table, and went upstairs.

 

Kim Yoon Hye is his girlfriend for three years. She works as a dance teacher in Japan for two years. She and Kyuhyun rarely see each other. On their first few months together, everything was okay, until she received a job offer from Japan. They were both happy about it in the beginning. But when she arrived in Japan, she became very busy. At first, they would call each other almost everyday, then it became every week, twice a month and sometimes no call in a month. Kyuhyun got used to it. He used to try calling her during her free time, but she would not answer it and she would sometimes never call him back. When they would get the chance to talk to each other, she would always apologize and tell him that her schedule is always tight. There were times that she would go back to Korea, but only for a few days. They would go out on a date but it’s like they were always in a hurry. Sometimes, she will not tell him that she’s coming home, and that would really make him mad. She always tells him that it’s all about work. She always assures him that she’s coming home soon, but she breaks her promise most of the time. At first, he’d buy her reasons, but as time passed by, he began to doubt her feelings for him, and worse, his feelings for her. Despite of this, he still tries to hold on and hope that one day, everything will be back to where they have started.

 

 

Shin Hye was running as fast as she can. It’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter