Chapter 5: Bridge

A Song for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was awakened by the sound of her cell phone’s alarm. She slowly opened her eyes and was greeted with bright rays of light seeping through the curtains. She reached for her phone on the bedside table to turn off the alarm. She checked the time on her phone. It was 7:30 in the morning, and it was her third day in Seoul.

 

She pulled herself up into a sitting position and stretched her arms above her head. Still feeling a bit tired because of what she did yesterday, she forced herself to get out of the bed and made her way to the bathroom.

 

Yesterday was a busy day for her, as she started looking for an apartment with an affordable rent. She was already considering a number of apartments, but she decided to look for a job today, so she can plan her expenses first.

 

After an hour, she was done fixing herself up. She took her phone off the bedside table and stared at it.

 

‘Yu-bi hasn’t called me yet and I can’t even reach her,” she thought as she let out a sigh.

 

“She’s probably busy,” she said to herself, feeling sad.

 

Shin Hye tried to brighten up her mood and focus on her scheduled activity for that day. She had not prepared her résumé yet, so she grabbed her sling bag, put her phone inside it and checked herself again in the mirror.

 

“Fighting!” she said in front of the mirror, then plastered a smile on her face.

 

She headed towards the door and stepped out of her apartment.

 

 

Kyuhyun was sitting in front of his electronic keyboard, with his left hand holding a sheet of paper and his right holding a pen.

 

He was inside his music room – his secret room as he called it. This is where he spends most of his time when he’s at home. He finds peace and happiness inside this room, especially when he was in a bad mood. People knew that he could sing and play instruments like the piano/keyboard and harmonica, but they never had an idea that he could write songs. Nobody knows about it, except for his parents and Yoon Hye, but she didn’t really know that it was his passion. For her, it’s more like a hobby, and she was not really supportive of it.

 

Although, he has a talent at writing songs, he was never satisfied with what he had written in the past. For him, his songs lacked something, and he doesn’t know it yet.

 

He was in deep thought, thinking of what to write, when his phone rang. He put his pen down, reached for his phone on the table beside him and checked the caller ID. A smile formed on his face.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Kyuhyun? It’s me,” the person on the other line said.

 

“Finally, you called. I think I miss you.”

 

“Ah, jinja? But we just spoke on the phone two days ago, right?” she chuckled.

 

“But you hung up on me, remember?”

 

“Eyyy, I didn’t. I was just busy. So, what are you doing now?” she said, trying to change the subject.

 

“The usual, trying to come up with a good song, and I guess you just called at the right time,” he replied, smiling.

 

“Wae?”

 

“Uhm, let’s just say that I kinda need an inspiration at the moment.”

 

“Uhm, well, I guess, I can’t...inspire you right now. I still have tons of work to do, and my students are waiting for me.  I just called to say hi and because I made a promise. Hope you’re not mad?”

 

“Ah, jinja? Of course, I’m not. I’m used to it,” he said sarcastically, then let out a fake laugh.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Wae?”

 

“Nothing. But, uhm, I’m really sorry but I have to go now,” she said, and then she hung up without letting him speak or say goodbye.

 

Kyuhyun tossed his phone on the table. He was really annoyed as she hung up on him again. He crumpled the paper that he was holding and threw it into the trash bin near the door.

 

He heaved a sigh of disappointment. Then he stood up from his chair, slid his phone into his pocket and went outside the room. He picked up his helmet off the table and made his way out of his apartment.

 

 

It was 10:00 in the morning when she had her résumé ready.

 

While she was walking, she could feel her stomach grumbling. She rubbed her tummy with her right hand, then she suddenly remembered that she had not eaten anything yet since she woke up.

 

“Ugh, I’m hungry,” she whispered to herself.

 

She decided to go to the nearest convenience store to grab something to eat before she gets going.

 

When she was about to leave the store, someone was going in. She stopped and took a step back so as to avoid bumping into someone again.

 

When the person opened the door, she was surprised as the person in front of her was someone familiar.

 

“Oh! It’s you!” the man said, e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter