Chapter 6

Silent Sniper

I'm really sorry for about 4 months hiatus. I done my bachelor early july so that now i'm free to update this anytime. Anyway because i feel sorry to those readers, i gave 2 chapters for today. Enjoy reading.


 

I really couldn’t understand what was really going on now after Junjin told me the whole story.

 

So, right after I bumped into Dongwan and Minwoo while I was coming back from the backyard with Junjin, Eric was having with Hyesung. I was suspicious how Dongwan could know they were having until he said they did it every day.

 

Eric was an .

 

Then, when Junjin got back to his room, he heard someone scream on his floor. At first he thought it was Dongwan since the other boy wasn't in their room yet but wandering around with Minwoo. But when Junjin hurried to the screaming voice, Minwoo and Dongwan were standing there without any injury. Junjin almost screamed when he followed their gaze down to the concrete at the feet of the building. Someone had fallen down! They hurried outside and found a passed out Hyesung with an unconscious Eric on his side.

 

Eric decided to stay silent and didn’t want to talk about it. He totally looked desperate at this moment. After the burial, everyone cramped again in the pink room. I hated it. I hated that we needed to stay in one place clueless to do nothing. I wondered why Jihoon and the doctor seemed so bothered with Hyesung’s death. Technically people blamed Eric. He was the one by Hyesung’s side at that time. One way or another, no one could avoid blaming Eric on this case.

 

 

 

           

           Morning came by. Before we went back to our own room, Jihoon told us that it was snowing heavily which was making it impossible for us to get in contact with anyone outside for at least a few weeks. He said he would find some way for us to get out from this place as soon as possible before things were getting worst.

 

Somehow, I couldn’t find honesty in his words. I couldn’t imagine how Hyesung and Andy’s parents would react when they would know they had lost their sons for a moment already. This ty camping turned out crazy and mysterious. But somehow I enjoyed it. I mean, I’m curious if they were really suicide victims.

 

 

 

 

            When I reached my room, I rushed to my bed and appeased the pain in my neck on my comfy pillow. I couldn’t sleep last night, so I was particularly tensed.

 

The sudden buzz of my phone made me whine. As if I couldn't be in peace for a goddamn minute.

 

Grabbing my phone, I stared at the screen and opened the message.

 

“Shi nae... can you stay with me please? I need you right now.”

 

Wait. Who was that ? The number was unknown, so I replied, “But who are you?”

 

“It’s me. Eric.”

 

I checked back. It wasn’t Eric's phone number. After a while I suddenly wondered why we couldn’t call people outside when we could easily message and call each other inside the building. It was weird so I hesitated and tried to call my mum. My first and only attempt to call her failed. I couldn't get in touch with her. Why ?

 

I tried to call the unknown number then and listened as it rang.

 

“Hello”

 

“Hello. Eric ?”

 

“Yes. It’s me.”

 

“Where are you ?”

 

“In my room. I'm in pain.”

 

“What happened...”

 

Before I could finish my words, he hung up. Oh . I’m too lazy to care about anyone right now. Especially if it was Eric. I wasn’t holding any grudge towards him but the fact he acted like a fool sometimes made me wonder why this perfect, tall and handsome man could spread me with his warmness when he was around me. I hated the fact that I almost liked him in some way.

 

 

 

 

            When I reached his room, I hesitated to knock on the door. I looked around, somewhat expecting for Junjin or Dongwan to come out from their room. But no sound came from that floor. Before I could knock, I heard slow footsteps coming from downstairs.

 

Oh no.

 

I ran back to the emergency door as carefully as I could. I peeked through the slid of the emergency’s door. It was Minwoo. He was alone as expected. I patiently waited for Minwoo to go inside his room which surprisingly located really next to Eric’s room.

 

When I confirmed there was no one around, I carefully knocked on Eric’s door. A few seconds after, he opened the door and welcomed me inside. Actually, it was really awkward. Since this was my first time in a man’s room or perhaps someone's room.

 

First of all, I noticed Eric's red eyes and messy hair, then saw he was trying to smile at me. He walked weakly to his couch then.

 

Wow! Was it a room or landfills ? Rubbish were everywhere. Pills scattered on the table, couch and on the floor. His bed sheet had a blood stain which I assumed was Hyesung’s blood. I couldn't help wonder if he killed Hyesung before the boy fell down or if he could be the one pushing Hyesung down. Too many assumptions came into my mind.

 

“Thanks.” Eric said weakly.

 

“Eric, you're a pig !” I said while cleaning the floor and table, arranging his bed and taking out the bloody sheet away to the bathroom.

 

Eric was ing burdensome. I cursed at myself and wondered why I was even bothering to help him. But I couldn’t resist help him no matter what. He looked helpless on his couch.

 

I forced him to get a bath and changed his clothes then. He looked miserable to the point I wanted to shave all his facial hair.

 

When he took a bath, I looked around his room. I could smell a man’s scent. When I moved to his desk, I spotted a small box. I opened it and found one stainless steel ring written ‘M’ on it. I guessed it stood for Minwoo. But why was it here ? How would have Hyesung feel if he ever saw this ring here ? Or actually Hyesung knew about it. At some point I pitied Hyesung. He looked like Eric’s slave more than a couple. He died in full of sadness and sorrow.

 

“Shi nae !” Eric suddenly called me from the bathroom.

 

 “What ?” I asked.

 

“Can you bring me my towel ? I forgot it !” He said loud enough for me to hear.

 

Oh Eric. Did you call me here thinking I would be your ing maid ? I came here just to help you not to be your new slave.

 

“Here.” I threw the white towel inside the bathroom. No respond. I hated it. “Eric, here's the...” Before I could finish my word, I felt someone grab my hand with force and pull  me inside the bathroom.

 

I jumped in shock when I saw a Eric and slipped on the wet floor. Oh Eric. What the hell was he thinking to bring me here and watch his free show.

 

“Ah... I’m sorry Shi nae...” Luckily Eric grabbed my arm before I could bump my head on the tub.

 

I steadied myself on my feet and faced away the Eric. Damn! My eyes ! When I confirmed he already got out from the bathroom, I released a deep breathe. I swore at him a thousands times before gathering my courage to get out of the bathroom.

 

“Are you ok Shi nae ?” He asked.

 

I rubbed my face before saying, “Yes. Always.”

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” Eric said with his low voice.

 

“You almost killed another person Eric.” I provoked.

 

He lowered his head, then he became silent again. I tried to read his mind.

 

“Did you guys fight last night?” My question blew away without answer. “I saw the ring on the desk. Is it for Minwoo ?” I tried to change the topic.

 

He chuckled before answering, “Yes. It was Minwoo’s ring I gave to him two years ago.”

 

“Did Hyesung know about the ring?” I tried my bait.

 

He became silent again. He refused to talk about anything concerning Hyesung right now.

 

 

 

 

            After a moment, I found his play station game. I asked his permission to play it since he didn't look in the mood to play anything right now. He still looked tired and sad. A bit like how Junjin behaved when he just lost Andy.

 

I was too immersed with that game. A few hours passed, and finally lunch arrived. I glanced at Eric sleeping on his couch. He looked sick.

 

I approached him. He was sweating a lot. I touched his forehead with the back of my hand. He was burning. Eric caught a fever I guessed. I tried to wake him up but he just mumbled something I couldn’t hear. I could almost see his chest through his loose shirt when I tried to make him sit. I gulped and quickly searched for fever pills in his mini fridge. Luckily he had it. After giving him the medicine, Eric threw his weak body back on the couch to sleep. I could clearly see he was shivering, so I covered him with his black sweater and blanket.

 

I quickly got out of the room to get my lunch. I was like by thunder lightning when I suddenly met Minwoo outside Eric's room.

 

Oh my God ! I forgot I was actually in Eric’s room. I swore to myself before awkwardly smiling at Minwoo. I took a quick glance at Dongwan and Junjin’s room afraid they might know too. There was no one. What a relief.

 

Eventually, Minwoo walked pass me like nothing happened. I released a deep breath before slowly following Minwoo from behind.

 

 

to be continued...