Chapter 11

Silent Sniper

In a day, I got a kiss and also a slap. How unfair and cruel this world was. I went out from my room to get some fresh air outside. I couldn’t sleep that night after receiving a painful slap by that psycho lecturer. He indeed is a psycho. I glanced at my watch on my left wrist, it was 12am. I knew it was always prohibited to stay outside right now but who cared.

At the other side, Minwoo was on the way back to his room when he heard something rang in his ears. The more he tried to ignore that ringing voice, the louder the ringing was. He walked quickly as he knew something was going wrong again. He was sure he was the only one who could hear that ringing clearly in his head.

When he reached the hallway connected to his hostel, suddenly it was blackout. He could see almost nothing. He stopped moving when he kinda saw someone standing in front of him blocking the way at the end of the hallway. The ringing voice rang louder and louder in his head until it hurt. He pressed both hand on his ears before shouting. “Stop it!!!”

He shut his eyes hard before the flashback of Andy’s cold body covered with snow and Hyesung’s breathless frame played behind his eyes. He almost shouted when he could see clearly how both of them died and were killed. He got back to his senses when he heard footsteps coming closer.

 

“See, you killed your friends, Minwoo. You killed them.” Someone said.

“No. I didn't! You killed them!” Minwoo stepped back.

“Hahahaha, Minwoo come on! We know the truth. You are the one who made Andy and Hyesung's death look like suicide. Please, be responsible Minwoo.” The voice provoked him.

“No. I didn't! It was you and that..that mon..monster!” Minwoo shouted.

 Minwoo was sure he was only a few inches from that person when he could hear that person’s breath. That person held up Minwoo’s chin with his index finger before whispering in Minwoo’s ear.

“Come on, follow me! I have something interesting for you to play with Minwoo!”

“Stop it! Enough! I won’t follow you, bastard!” Minwoo tried to free himself and ran away but before he could run, the ringing voice was playing again in his ears.

It was loud enough to burst his ears.

“HAHAHAHA..Pity Minwoo. You think you can run away from this game?” That person laughed cynically.

“Damn you!!!” Minwoo stopped moving and faced the bastard before forcefully following behind them.

 

He swore to himself he would kill this bastard one day. This bastard was who made him sick and had these hallucinations. This bastard was the one who controlled him when he was weak and not aware. This bastard also was the one who planned to kill Andy and Hyesung just to make everyone believed he was the one who responsible for it.

They stopped in front of the pink room before that person talked with a low voice.

 

“Now, let’s start the game Lee Minwoo. Kill him and I promise, I promise you won’t hear that ringing again.” Minwoo whined but refused to do it.

“This. Take this. And hurt him at least. Just do it how you did to Andy.” That person whispered to Minwoo while passing a small knife in Minwoo’s hand.

“I didn't kill Andy!” Minwoo almost shouted.

“Whatever you want to think Minwoo. Listen here, I’ve no time to play with you unless you want me to kill Eric or Shi Nae now.” That person threatened.

“No. Don’t touch them!” Minwoo begged.

“Well, do it Minwoo. The monster's waiting for you inside.” Minwoo grinned before carefully entering the pink room with the small knife in his right hand.

 

The light was off inside and he hated when it was so dark every time he had to do something by force.

He could barely see in the dark the person tied on a chair facing the wall. His head started to hurt and his eyes became blurry before he could see the monster facing the one tied on the chair. His heartbeat rose eventually. He hated this monster as well. Not enough with that ringing voice every time that bastard wanted him to do something, this monster’s presence too always bombed his head.

He hated himself more now. He stopped his steps behind that person. That person looked like he was sleeping instead of unconscious. That person was blindfolded, tied and could almost do nothing if Minwoo tried to injure him. It was never Minwoo’s intention to kill a person especially his friend. He believed he was not the one who killed Andy and Hyesung. He would never hurt his friends. Will never ever. But it was different when it was the Doctor. How he hated himself every time he saw the Doctor. How he wanted to hurt this man every time he was desperate.

He promised himself the least he could do was hurt the Doctor. But the bastard knew him well. The bastard knew his life's story. The bastard was always the one making Minwoo feel the urge to kill the Doctor somehow.

He held the knife strongly in his right hand and slowly walked to face the Doctor. Before he could search for the Doctor's wrist, the man was awake. Minwoo startled a bit when the Doctor tried to free himself from the rope.

Minwoo smiled. He loved to see the man struggling like that to run away.

Out of Minwoo’s attention, the Doctor kicked Minwoo’s leg after he had free his leg being tied to the chair.

 

“Oh !” Minwoo shouted before quickly punching the Dr. in the face.

However, the Doctor was used to it every time Minwoo attacked him so he kicked Minwoo’s leg again, hard, until Minwoo stumbled against the wall.

“Please Minwoo! Stop it! I’m not your father here. I’m your Doctor. I’m the one responsible if any of your friends were hurt.” The Doctor begged.

“Huh? Responsible? That word was not supposed to come out from your dirty mouth!” Minwoo shouted. “If you are responsible enough, why did you not save Andy and Hyesung’s life?”

“I tried Minwoo. I’m curious too to know who was behind all this. I doubt you know him.” The Doctor said.

“You doubt it was me?” asked Minwoo with the knife still in his hand. He couldn’t hear the Doctor's answer when his head was in pain and his eyes were blurry again.

 

He tried to stable himself when he saw the monster come closer to him. The pain in his head was sick enough until he forcefully stabbed the knife into the Doctor’s wrist. Deep enough until the Droctor's hand was covered with red blood. Minwoo’s vision became more blurry until he couldn’t see anything included the tied man on the chair bleed next to him. He tried to stable himself again but he failed and felt next to the chair.

 

 

Shi Nae POV.

 

While I walked around, I breathed the air inside the building. It was warm to be inside here rather than deal with the coldness outside. I thought tonight I might have my peaceful night but my imagination was ruined when I heard the alarm rang again. I walked as fast as I could to the main hall before I could see Dongwan ran toward me.

 

“Something happened in the pink room. The guys already went there. Let’s go Shi Nae.” He grabbed my hand forcefully before we ran to the pink room.

 

As I entered the room behind Dongwan, I could see Junjin sitting at the corner silently. Before I could ask Dongwan what had happened, Jihoon and Eric came out behind the curtain. I guessed it was either Minwoo or the Doctor as I couldn’t find any of them.

 

“The Doctor was stabbed by Minwoo on his wrist and Minwoo is still not awake. He was found unconscious next to the Doctor with the knife in his hand.” As expected. I could guess this was exactly what happened.

“But why is Minwoo unconscious?” I asked.

“The Doctor told us as soon as he woke up Minwoo attacked him. He was hallucinating. After he stabbed the Doctor he fell on the floor and until now he still has not wake up.” Dongwan said.

 

After a few minutes, before Jihoon left the room, he asked us if we wanted to stay in this room for a while. I was still annoyed with his presence and kept silent before Junjin spoke.

 

“It’s ok. We’ll stay here for a while. I'm worried Minwoo will attack the Doctor again.” He said.

“Oh Junjin, so you still think Minwoo is the one who killed your Andy?” Everyone startled with the word come out of Jihoon’s mouth.

“Stop thinking like that. He will never be brave enough to kill a person.” Jihoon continued.

 

I was about to vomit when I heard  Jihoon was trying to back up Minwoo when he was just now blaming Minwoo who was the one behind this. Junjin bit his lip and looked at the floor after Jihoon left the room.

Dongwan came to Junjin and rubbed his back like a father who wanted to calm down his sulking son. Eric who stayed still on his chair right next to the curtain, kept silent and severally wrapped his hand over his face with a sigh. I could feel he was actually more worried about Minwoo than the Doctor. My smirk toned down when he glanced at me and made an eyebrow signed asking me why I suddenly smirked. I chuckled a bit before looking away from him. To be exact, I still remembered how he stole my first kiss. Oh damn Eric. I cursed him in my head several times.

 

“I thought you forgot already” Eric whispered.

 

He smiled provocatively. Damn Eric!

 

 

To be continued...