Chapter 10

Silent Sniper

Lunch. I lost my appetite when I met Jihoon's eyes. It was annoyingly awkward to be here with someone who had attacked you before. I wasn't sure what was his purposed to act in such a strange and creepy way. I wasn't hungry anymore when he came to our table. He said something I could barely hear with Eric sitting in front of me. I tried my best to avoid any eye contact with that ing psycho.

After everyone finished their meals, Junjin and Dongwan went back to their room, Minwoo was nowhere to be found, Jihoon and the Doctor were probably discussing something on their way back to their rooms, so that left Eric and me behind.

 

“Shi nae.” Eric called.

“Hmm.”

“We plan to go out here and search for help outside. It’s suffocating to live here, right ? The death..” Before Eric could finish I cut him off.

“But I want to stay here. I won’t go back home. Never and ever. My home’s more suffocating than here.”

“But Shi nae..You need to understand the situation..All of us agreed to follow this plan.” Eric half begged.

“Really? Like if I care?” I smirked.

“Do you want to see another member’s die?” Eric provoked.

“I don't and I don’t care at all.” I insisted.

“No. You care. You even go to Andy’s grave. You help Junjin and me too.” Eric said.

“But that doesn’t mean I care. I’m enjoying this game though..” I said carefully.

“You are an annoying jerk Shi nae!” Eric almost shouted.

“Like you are an angel?” I said.

“Stop Shi nae. No matter what you're thinking right now, I’ll make sure you join us to get out of here.” Eric stated.

“ Eric!” I kicked his leg slightly before leaving him.

“Oucchhh! Damn Shi nae!” Eric shouted and ran to me with his almost limping leg.

 

He followed me from behind, climbed the stairs and reached my room at the same time as me. I thought this was the first time Eric come around my room.

I insisted to go inside and face him.

 

"So what do you want from me now Eric?” I asked hesitantly.

“I need to get revenge. For my leg.” He showed his hurt leg.

“Then?” I asked, confused.

 

Suddenly Eric pushed me against the door and pressed both my shoulders against it. I froze. He stared at me as if he was trying to kill me with his stare. My heart beat crazily  in my chest. I hate this feeling. My heart almost jumped out when he stepped closer. Oh no Eric. Please don’t do anything stupid. I begged in my head.

His nose was about an inch from me and I could smell his warm breath. Damn Eric! He pressed my arm too hard so that I couldn’t move even an inch from the position. My leg surprisingly numbed. His strong aura was too much for me to do anything. I couldn’t even talk because of the warmth in his eyes. Yes. He controlled me now. I could struggle and free myself, but I chose to wait and see his next step. Curious.

 

“Shi nae.” He said warmly.

“Hmm.” I nervously responded.

“Are you nervous?”

Oh Eric. Who wouldn’t be nervous if there was a perfectly handsome and tall warm guy standing an inch from you.

“Let me go Eric. I need to go inside.” I avoided.

“Are you sure? But you don’t struggle at all. You like me?” He titled his head and smiled.

Damn Eric. I’ll kill you in my next life. I promised myself.

“I won’t let you go if you don’t answer me.” Eric threatened.

“I said I won’t join you guys! Enough! Let me go! It hurts!” I said loudly.

“Shi nae.” He called.

 

I bravely looked up and our nose touched. I shut my eyes like damn I need to cry right now but he was here. A few seconds after, I felt someone peck my lips. Eric I’m still a . It was my first golden kiss and you stole it. . I couldn’t control my tears anymore. It dropped one by one on my cheeks. I gathered my strength to push Eric away, went inside my room and slammed the door. Eric was really a ing psycho.

I threw myself on the bed and laid on my back, sunk my face on my soft pillow and repeatedly kicked my bed in annoyance. Eric hugged me before and Eric kissed me just now! I never imagined I would get a kiss from someone especially Eric. Yes. He was warm and handsome but I almost never had a crush on him. I hate him more now.

I didn’t notice how long I overslept on my bed until the alarm rang probably for the second time. I skipped dinner. I wanted to skip supper as well. I was ashamed to meet Eric right now and added the awkward strange feeling every time I met Jihoon, I decided to just wait maybe for next morning. I was about to continue sleeping when someone knocked on the door. I thought it was Eric or Minwoo but surprisingly it was Jihoon.

 

“Shi nae..Aren't hungry?” Jihoon asked.

I was about to vomit when he acted as if he cared about me.

“No. I’m not.” I answered.

I told myself in my head to not let him inside. He looked suspicious and dangerous to be trusted.

“Can you let me inside? I’ve something to talk about with you.” He asked carefully.

Hell no. I cursed him in my head when he barged in my room after passing my skinny shoulder.

“Hmm I’m not expecting you to love cleaning. Your room reminds me of Minwoo’s.” He commented.

I just realized I had never visited Minwoo’s room before.

“What do you want to talk about?” I asked quickly.

“You know what! I hate Minwoo the most. He’s a troubled sick boy. I guess you know he tried to kill the Doctor several times. You know why? He hated his stepfather so much!” Jihoon stopped.

Wait ! Why I never knew Minwoo and the Doctor were related ?

“Yes. Dongchan is Minwoo’s stepfather. It's a secret from everyone. Included Dongwan. And that’s why when Dongchan stole his Dongwan, Minwoo take revenge. He started to hate Dongchan. He started to have his hallucination which Dongchan know about better than himself. Dongchan tried to help him many times but he refused. Minwoo keeps seeing that “monster” every night. He refuses to eat medicine as well. He’s just a pityful sick boy.”

“And why are you telling me all this?” I asked curiously.

“Nahh.. I was waiting for this question for so long.” He gulped before continuing.

“Minwoo never learned about love. He lost his dad before he saw the world. He was ignored by his own mum and being sent in foster families since he was born until he was 15. His mum came back to raise him. He was forced to stay with her and his new dad. He hates his mum so much for abandoning him and marrying Dongchan.” Jihoon stopped.

“His childhood story is exactly like yours Shi nae.” I gulped nervously and quite suspiciously how Jihoon knew about his childhood’s life so well.

“When he got in age to go to college, his mum forced him to study here. He’s changed then. To cheerful Minwoo. To happy Minwoo when he was in first year and dated Eric. He learned what is love. He learned how to love someone sincerely. But then he changed for the worst when Eric left him and dated Hyesung. He pretended to love Dongwan but his soft heart ended up melting for lovely and caring Dongwan. He fell in love with Dongwan. But again when Dongchan was transferred here with as purpose to take care of Minwoo, he fell in love with Dongwa and stole him from his son. Huh. How cruel this world is to Minwoo.” Jihoon smiled.

“Just because his childhood’s life is similar to mine, you come here?” I asked in annoyance to Jihoon who calmly sat on my couch.

“No. Of course not. I came here to advise you to avoid Minwoo!”

“Eh..Why? He never threatened me! And I don’t have time to take care of anyone else. I’ll do whatever I want. You can’t force me. You are the one I should avoid instead!” I yelled.

“Shi nae..You really mistake because of that kitchen incident. You think if I wasn’t there you’ll still be alive.” Jihoon said.

“What do you mean?” I couldn’t understand.

“I knew Minwoo was there that night. He came to attack you instead. Not me.” Jihoon said.

“What the hell are you saying?” I asked angrily.

“He loves Eric. He still loves Eric. He loves Eric more than he loves Dongwan. You should know this better than anyone. He knew you were taking care of sick Eric that morning. He was jealous actually. Just like how he's jealous of Dongchan who stole his Dongwan, he's jealous of you too for taking care of Eric. So that’s why he planned to attack you on that day.”

“Stop talking rubbish Jihoon! Nothing's happening with Eric!” I yelled.

“Have you ever tried to ask Minwoo how he knew you were in the kitchen?” Jihoon asked suddenly.

Yes. I had asked him. But he said he was hungry. Even though I knew he lied but I confirmed myself Minwoo would never attack me for the sake of anything. He was trustworthy. He even slept on my lap. How couldn’t I trust him?

“Stop day-dreaming Shi nae. Minwoo might be the one who planned all this. He might have kill Hyesung as well.” Jihoon concluded.

“But he was with Dongwan when Hyesung died.” I backed up.

“Well I thought you were on our side. We all thought he killed Andy too. He held too much grudge in his life. Oh yeah. He also don’t want to join us to get out of here. Huh. You can see the game clearly right?” Jihoon took a deep breath before continuing.

“He tried to lure you in his game. I heard from Eric you don’t want to join us as well.”

“It’s up to me to join you or not. I’m not on anyone's side from the beginning. You're calling yourself a lecturer when you act suspicious without telling us why you choose us to be here for camping. You are selfish. You included Minwoo in this camping even though you know he’s sick. And now when everything goes like you perhaps planned, you blame Minwoo and make us thing Minwoo is a predator and we all are victims. I don’t know what your intentions are to start this game and perhaps killing people as well! You think no one will ever die on your way to search help out there. I’m not stupid like you Jihoon!! You are the worst ing psycho bastard!!!” I yelled in his ears.

 

I felt a hot blow on my left cheek as soon as I finished my words. Damn Jihoon!

 

 

To be continued...