Chapter 14

Silent Sniper

On that freaking morning, I got a phone call. Wait. I’m not dreaming, right? It was an unknown number. After a moment, I was back to reality and I heard voices from the other side. I didn’t know how to explain how grateful I was when I knew all of them survived and got help when it was clearly an impossible task for them to go through. But at the same time, I knew that I would miss my lonely pressured-free moments when I would be back home.

 

As expected I got a phone call from my mum too. I didn’t know either she was faking her worry or if she really had nothing to do right now and decided to call me and pretended like she cared.  I ended the call with a sigh. I hated it the most when I was forced to talk to my mum. It was not like I was being kidnapped by someone who needed million dollars from my parents, but the way she asked me non-stop like she read the scripts that really showed how plain my mum was.

 

Before waiting for the crews and police who might came at midnight, I settled myself and took a bath. I packed one or two hoodies, my favorite sweaters and a few snacks inside my bag pack. As I sat on my couch, I heard a knock on the door. It was Eric. I welcomed him inside. He looked a bit messier than last time I saw him. He put his macbook on his lap after taking a seat on the couch next to me.

 

“Shi nae, I want to show you something. I hope you are ready for this.” He said seriously.

“What? I watch rarely, eric” I smirked.

“Why on the earth would I show you ?” He shouted before continuing. “I told you before that I know who’s behind all of this.” He stopped before continuing. “Except for Andy's case, starting from Hyesung to what happened to the Doctor that night, I had all the evidences. I caught him on my secret cctv as well. He’s avoiding all the cctv here when he did something to Minwoo but unfortunately for him I put my own cctv around here too.” He sighed.

“What did he do to Minwoo? And is that him?” I tried to read his mind.

“Yes it's him, the one who created this game.” He nodded. “Yes Minwoo was hallucinating. But it can be cured. He knew it. So he used Minwoo here as a black sheep.” He continued.

“But why? I can understand if he used Minwoo to kill the Doctor, but why he killing Andy and Hyesung as well?” I asked.

“I know right. It sounds unfair. I will find the reason no matter what.” He claimed. “Shi nae.” He called.

“Yes?” I answered.

“If something bad happens to us right now, what would you do? I mean will you run away and save yourself or…?” He asked.

“Why would something bad happen to us right now?” I asked curiously.

“Nothing. I just have a bad feeling because I sense something might happen. Or maybe I’m overthinking…” He said before leaving my room.

 

 

Eric POV

 

I walked a bit faster than usual. I didn’t know why but something disturbed my mind at the moment. I walked as quickly as possible to reach my room. As I entered, I quickly closed the door and laid down on my bed. There was nothing unusual but I don't know. I felt uneasy without being able to say why.

 

As I put back my mac on the desk, I sat on the couch and rested my head against the walls. Sadly, I couldn’t even sleep for more than an hour even if I tried. I kept feeling something bad would happen somehow. I sat back in front of my desk, took my mac and previewed back all the cctv that I'd recorded.

 

While reviewing, I wondered how bad Minwoo’s condition was right now. Was Shi Nae safe in such situation right now, and was I doing the right thing to clear all this ? I knew it felt dangerous. But I couldn’t stand how the murderer kept this games on.

 

Before I closed my mac, I heard someone clap their hands behind me. It was really loud and it was just behind my ears. I stood up and faced the person quickly before anything worst could happen. Yes, it was him! Why was he in my room and more importantly why was he clapping and smiling like there was no tomorrow ?

 

“Eric..Eric..Eric…hahahahahaha. Wanna be a hero huh?” That person snapped before continuing. “In fact you are a real loser!”

 

Before I could do anything, he pushed me and sat on my stomach before pulling out one sharp black Rambo. I tried to push him away, but I guess I was too late before I felt something tore my flesh, deep, I mean really deep till I couldn’t breathe properly.

 

My every life moment passed before my eyes so quickly that I almost couldn’t read any of them. Every person that I love smiled gracefully like they were sure the next life was granted. With my last strength I grabbed that person’s shirt and with my last breathe I shouted.

 

“I’LL MAKE SURE…YOU…GO…TO…HELL…..!”

 

At the same time but different place, Minwoo busily played new games he downloaded on his phone. He knew for sure that person and that monster would always follow him to his death. Because of that, he tried as much as possible to avoid Eric and Shi Nae since the news that they got feedback from outside. Of course it wasn’t and never ever a good idea to get help from outside at all. It was either people would blame him as the killer or he would be killed. The only choices left made him drowsy and sorrowful.

 

 

Minwoo POV

 

The rooftop was always my favorite place. The reason was, there was no one here. No one ever wanted to be here. Cold, windy, gloomy, dark, sorrow and slippery that would dragged you to the end of your life. But this was the only place that monster never visited. I didn’t know why. And I wished I wouldn’t know why. I stepped on the only wooden chair there that was already fully covered with snow and climbed on the walls. I stood and screened the view. This was the only place I could see the whole university’s area, the whole forest and the line between the darkness and brightness. It was looking like black and white movies, that all the good and bad never happened. I wished I could control all of this. But it was all sounding impossible. I couldn’t even control myself.

 

At the same time but different place, Shi Nae got a suspicious letter outside her door’s room. She went inside her room and carefully read it after thinking for a moment.

 

Shi Nae-ya…

I’m sorry. I know I should have tell you from the beginning so that nobody was killed.

It's my fault. I should just accept the reality.

That no one loves me.

No one believes in me.

Included myself.

When everyone says I’m sick I try to deny, even though I know.

When everyone blame me I never defend myself even when they're wrong.

You know why?

Because not every fact and fiction is beautiful like our dreams.

So for one last time, before the world end, I really want to say this.

The moment I first saw you…

In the library where I jumped over your head, I sensed something I never felt before.

The moment I made the decision to come to your room…

I knew you were the only person I could trust and share with.

Shi Nae-ya…You know that monster?

He and his master would never stop disturbing and crushing my life into pieces.

I should give up more faster so that nobody suffer and die.     

Shi Nae-ya…the moment you read this, I might be somewhere far.

Somewhere no one ever imagined where it was. Even me.

There’s a lot I want to share with you but I can’t.

Shi Nae…take care.

And don’t ever cry again for a man.

 

Love, Minwoo.

 

 

Shi Nae POV

 

My tears dropped on my cold cheeks. I smiled. Now I knew why I should get him right now for sure. No matter what happened, I must get him right now. I would rather die than see Minwoo’s cold body alone on the floor. I would rather hurt than watch someone scratch Minwoo’s life before my eyes. 

 

Before I could get up from my couch, someone messaged me with a picture. It was an unknown number with a short message below the picture.

 

Hi..Shi Nae.

I don’t have any idea why you are here from the beginning since…I NEVER invited you.

But you know who’s next right?

 

Wait. What was this. The picture showed all the similar invitation letters which definitely were different from mine. And wait. All I could remember there was a red blood stain on the letter. My hands suddenly froze. Hesitantly, I held up Minwoo’s letter which was still in my right hand and looked at the back. To my surprise, the same red blood stain that I got on my invitation letter was here. And now I just realized, the hand writing was also the same. This was from Minwoo. Which means…I almost couldn’t digest before I snapped back and realized that I was the only one who got invited by Minwoo. Am I right? 

 

I scrambled the letter in my hand before I ran out of my room. On my way to somewhere I was also not sure where should I get Minwoo, I got another message with a picture again. Goddamn! Eric got stabbed!!!

 

But…I MUST SAVE MINWOO RIGHT NOW!

 

 

 

To be continued...