Chapter 12

Silent Sniper

Morning came. The gloomy mood surrounded the pink room. When I opened my eyes, there were Junjin and Dongwan sitting blankly on their seat at the corner of the room. The Doctor came out behind the curtain with bandage on one of his wrist. He looked fine and greeted us.

 

“Hi. Good morning.” Dongwan quickly replied.

“Good morning Doctor. How do you feel?” The Doctor smiled and asked with his sorrowful eyes.

“I’m fine. Did you have breakfast yet?”

“No. Jihoon will bring us breakfast from the kitchen.” Junjin said, and hearing Jihoon's name in the early morning jerked me deep inside.

 

When I heard footsteps coming toward the room I knew for sure it was Jihoon. I quickly woke up and slowly walked toward Minwoo’s bed behind the curtain. Eric was genuinely holding Minwoo’s hand in his sleep. His head rested on the bed next to Minwoo’s arm while Minwoo was still in his dreamland. I took another chair opposed to Eric and the bed while observing Minwoo’s sleeping face. I tried to ignore when Dongwan called me to join for breakfast before Minwoo suddenly woke up and tilted his head to Eric sleeping noisily next to him.

 

“Shi nae..” Minwoo called with his low voice after he slowly pulled his hand away from Eric's.

I tried to answer before he shushed me with an index finger on his lips.

“Can you stay here for a while?” Minwoo requested.

 

Like being possessed secretly, I nodded and sat still on the chair. The way Minwoo stared at me in the silent made me seriously uncomfortable. I was sometimes replying to his stare begging him to stop staring at me.

It was something strange with his stare. Something he wanted to tell me but couldn’t. Something he wanted to share but he resisted. My heartbeat rose when he suddenly drew a smile and reached out for me. What the hell do you want Lee Minwoo?

 

“I won’t hurt you. I promise.” Minwoo whispered and still threw his innocent smile.

I reached out my hand slowly and put it into his. It was incredibly soft and warm.

“Shi nae..Do you believe me?” Minwoo asked.

“Believe what? I don’t believe anyone.” I answered before letting his hand go.

 

His smiled toned down. When he tried to change his position to sit correctly, Eric suddenly woke upand stared at both of us confusedly. He quickly got up and checked Minwoo’s body worriedly. It was somehow a cute reaction I'd never seen from Eric. He looked like a husband who was still half asleep and checking on his pregnant wife. Minwoo sometimes hissed uncomfortably every time Eric touched his chest. I chuckled before saying.

 

“He’s fine Eric. Don’t exaggerate like a mother hen.”

Dongwan came toward mother hen Eric before whispering something in his ear. Eric’s expression changed suddenly after Dongwan left.

“Shi nae, follow me. Minwoo, you stay here for a while. Don’t go anywhere.” Eric commanded.

“Why will I listen to you? I need Shi nae to stay here too.” Minwoo protested.

“Please just listen to me this time Minwoo. It won’t hurt you.” Eric begged.

“Why you so sure I won’t hurt? Why? Because I hurt someone doesn’t mean I won’t get hurt Eric.” Minwoo half cried.

“Listen here. I know you are sick. I trust you. If someone try to hurt you..” Eric stopped before he took out something from his pocket and gave it to Minwoo.

“Take this…Blow this when you are in trouble.”

It looked like a whistle. Minwoo hold it in his hand before saying.

“I’m scared. It might come again.” Unconsciously I rubbed Minwoo’s back and whispered.

“No. It won’t. I’ll come back here again. Don’t worry Minwoo.” He stared at me for a second before nodding.

Eric and I left the pink room before walking toward the main hall. On our way Eric said.

“I’m jealous of you and I bet everyone else is.”

“Why?” I asked curiously.

“Lee Minwoo won’t ever listen to anyone. He’s stubborn. He doesn’t easily trust anyone. But recently I saw you guys bonded well together. I admitted that you guys had a similar personality and this same trust issue. And that’s what makes me jealous of you guys more.” Eric explained.

“To have a similar personality doesn’t mean it was always good Eric.” I voiced.

“But at least you might have an ability to read his mind. I failed at it. And that’s why we broke up too.” Eric said.

“I can never read his mind Eric. Everyone is ing complicated.” I said.

“But he listened to you Shi nae when he won’t listen to anyone else but you.” Eric voiced again.

“We call it soothing meditation, Eric. Our mind ain’t complicated just like you guys and the rest of you. You guys worry about more things than us. When someone dies, you guys are concerned. We are different because we won’t ever feel concerned and worried about anyone else.” I explained before we arrived at the main hall.

“Hey, what take you guys so long to come here?” asked Dongwan cheerfully before glancing toward Junjin next to him and giggling together.

What the were they thinking right now?

“Sorry.” We both said together before Dongwan and Junjin burst out laughing.

 

I raised my left eyebrow and glared at those happy virus before taking a seat next to Eric. We sat in a circle around the table.

I tried to avoid Jihoon’s eyes many times before he started speaking.

 

“Hmm..I was thinking to start our plan again. I didn’t expect things will become worst like this. We need to quickly get out from this place no matter what. Andy and Hyesung’s parents need to know about their children, even if it's going to hurt them horribly. The polices is obviously needed in this case even though at first I was thinking to keep it a secret just for us and Andy and Hyesung’s family. I was wrong. Something might happen again to one of you.” Jihoon's explanation made my stomach growl badly.

 

I still couldn’t forget how he slapped me just because I didn’t believe him when he talked bad about Minwoo.

I chuckled and smirked silently.

 

“What, Shi nae?” Jihoon asked.

“I won’t follow this irrelevant plan. I might die in the heavy snow outside.” I protested.

“Listen here Shi nae, Th Doctor is not in good condition right now. One of you might die tonight. Who knows. Don’t worry about the bad weather. We already prepared fully for the snow war outside.” Jihoon battled again.

“But wait. What if Minwoo tries to kill the Doctor again while we're out there?” Junjin questioned.

“Hmm..from what I know Minwoo refused to join us so we’ll let hi stay here until we get rescue outside.” Jihoon's stupid suggestion made Eric protest.

“No. We won’t leave anyone here. It wasn’t our original plan, Jihoon.” Dongwan suddenly said.

“Yes it wasn’t. But I agree with Jihoon. What if Minwoo loses his control and tries to kill the Doctor again? Eric please don’t be selfish. It's no like you at all. We know you're the most worried about him but in this situation we have no other choice than leaving him here.”

“You guys are the selfish ones! What if someone attacks him? What if he gets sick, cant controls himself and commits suicide? Do you guys want to be responsible of another death? No, you don't, right ? I know you blame him for Andy and Hyesung’s death! I know him! Even though he hates the Doctor so much but Lee Minwoo will never ever kill his friends!!!” Eric shouted angrily.

“Calm down, Eric. I don’t know if anyone here blames Minwoo but I believe in you Eric. Minwoo will never ever hurt anyone else excepted me. I know him well too. He's just having a grudge on me and not his friends” The Doctor tried to calm down the angry Eric.

“But the fact that Minwoo have no friend…”Junjin hesitated before continuing. “He didn’t trust anyone here and never once visited us in our hostel’s rooms. He even ignored Eric and tried to kill the Doctor so many times. I doubt him too.” Junjin faced away the angry Eric.

 

Wait. He never once visited them? But he visited me so many times secretly. I shut my mouth and made sure no one could ever see my trembling lips.

 

“Whatever it is, I will never leave Minwoo here!” Eric said.

“Hmm so then we have no choice to leave you and Minwoo here if you are being so stubborn Eric.” Jihoon stared in annoyance toward Eric.

“Well. I’m not joining too. I need to have my rest now. So good luck guys.” I stood up from my seat and waved to sulking Junjin and silent Dongwan before leaving the main hall.

Eric followed behind me still protesting about Jihoon’s stupid idea.

“Shi nae..Wait for me!” Eric called.

“You are funny Eric.” I said.

“I don’t find anything funny Shi nae.” Eric sulked.

“You are obsessed over Lee Minwoo. Too much isn’t good Eric.” I almost chuckled.

“Damn you. You think I’ll leave you alone too, Shi nae?”

“Well, I thought you trusted your Minwoo.” I raised my eyebrows when we stopped at the front door of the pink room.

“I believe him. But he’s a man too. And you are a girl, Shi nae.” Eric stated.

“So what are you, Eric? At least Minwoo didn’t touch any part of me.” I provoked.

“Yet.” Eric shot back before continuing.

“He didn’t yet but well he might be more aggressive than me.” Eric warned with his naughty eyes.

“Oh , dirty Eric!” I poked Eric’s forehead before kicking his leg lightly.

“Well, it's just facts. Lee Minwoo was a tongue’s master.” Eric winked before we both entered the pink room.

What a ert Eric, duh.

 

 

To be continued...