Chapter 4

Silent Sniper

Morning came.

 

As I woke up, the only ones being conscious besides me were Junjin and Dongwan, but the twos looked more half awake than anything else. I spotted someone entering the room then and looked at the handmade sandwiches he brought us. As expected, no one was hungry at the right moment, but, maybe to not disappoint the lecturer trying to feed us the food, Dongwan respectfully ate one sandwich.

Once lecturer Jihoon was out of the pink room, I heard someone pull the curtain behind me, and looking up, I realized it was Minwoo. Him too had just woken up.

Junjin who was still annoyed by Minwoo's presence tried to look away in the window's direction. It was understandable anyone couldn't avoid blaming Minwoo secretly in this situation, but despite the tension, Minwoo looked calm.

I observed him as he took a seat just in front of me and glared at Dongwan who had eventually ate all the sandwiches on his own.

I suddenly heard my stomach growl. I was either hungry or this ongoing silence game was making me nauseous. I couldn't be really sure.

 

 

On their side, Eric and Hyesung were still searching for the cable line. It was really annoying they had to endure the cold biting in their skin and wander around the lonely forest and snowy road.

After a few hours of freezing outside, Eric eventually said, “I don't think we can find the cable here. Or at least, we won't find it today.”

Hyesung whined and said, “Let’s just go back. I’m totally frozen here.”

Eric took a glance at Hyesung before back hugging his lover.“I’m sorry. I shouldn't have let you come with me.” Eric eyed his boyfriend after pulling away from the embrace.

“So you could have spend some time with Minwoo instead?” eventually shot back Hyesung.

“No. Why would I? I just love you. You are the only one I have right now.” Eric kissed Hyesung’s cheek carefully before placing his lips on his lover's. Hyesung hesitated at first before parting his lips to let Eric explore his mouth.

 

 

Everyone hated this gloomy day. After Eric and Hyesung came back to the pink room, the thick silence occupying the room was eventually broken.

“Did you find the line cable?” Dongwan asked, rushing to them.

“No. We didn’t. I’m sorry.” It was clear Eric was feeling guilty.

Junjin whined more soundly this time as he couldn’t express otherwise how he was feeling right now. He had just lost his boyfriend. He had nobody to laugh at his lame jokes anymore. He had nobody to always be at his side anymore. He was feeling so lost.

“Jihoon hyung asked if we wanted to go back to our hostel or not?” Hyesung said.

“Yeah, it'll be better. My ing neck's all cramped right now. I need my bed.” I answered first.

“I’ll share a room with Junjin. Look at his condition right now, I don’t think we should let him suffer through this alone.” Suggested Dongwan.

“Okay then, I’ll stay with Eric.” Hyesung’s final words made Minwoo stand up abruptly and hurry to the door.

At such reaction, everyone stared annoyingly towards him as he went out of this packed place. Well, everyone excepted Eric who watched Minwoo without a trace of hostility in his gaze.

I followed Minwoo out of the room and observed his back. From behind, he looked normal. There was nothing suspicious about him from this angle. He just looked amazingly y as he smoothly walked in front of me.

Focused on our synchronized steps, I suddenly realized we had just arrived in front of my room. Wait! He shouldn’t be here! He wasn't supposed to be here! It was the girl’s hostel. I shouted crazily in my mind to his back.

Looking at him, I wondered why he just stood still in front of my door’s room. My mind suddenly created the worst scenario possible when I remembered what he had tried to do to the Doctor. I didn't want to believe he could be that dangerous, even though I started praying inside my mind he won’t do anything bad to me.

When he turned around to face me, I spoke first.

“Move away! This is my room!” I was shouting a bit, and I guessed my fears took the control for a second.

My words didn't faze him and he just stood still in front of me. It was annoying. Last night, I cursed at him in my mind for the whole night just because he didn't even move his from the bed at the pink room to give me at least a chance to have a restful night. And now... now he was blocking the way to my room where I could finally have some real sleep on my bed.

He was a ing .

Too tired to play to whatever game of his, I pushed his arm carefully before he said, “Can I stay with you today?”

What the hell was going on! That stupid idea coming from his mouth was freaking shocking. It was almost like a bucket of cold water had just fell over me.

“Are you crazy? I’m not your !” I yelled in his face.

I pushed him aside then so I could go inside my room, but before I could lock my door he quickly forced his way inside and closed the door. I could feel sweat forming on my hands. My brain almost went blank when I heard the lock click in, trapping me inside my room with this creepy guy.

Minwoo was ing crazy!

I took a few steps away from him before my wooden desk came in the way. My trembling hand searched for something on the surface to defend myself if he was suddenly attacking me, but all I could find was my phone, and nothing more.

Before I could press a number, Minwoo spoke again.

“I won’t you.” He smirked before he landed his body lightly on my favorite couch.

I stopped myself from phoning anyone and watched his movements. He put his head on the couch and placed his muscled arm on his forehead before closing his eyes in a calm breathe.

I cursed myself for letting him sleep on my couch as hours passed by. I sat on my desk watching him sleep like a princess. I didn’t know how to explain. When he was sleeping, he was the most trustful person, but when he was awake, I couldn’t read his mind at all and it was disturbing sometimes.

I took a glance at my phone and saw it was only noon. I had two hours to do nothing in my room with this sudden uninvited guest. So I laid in bed for some rest.

Suddenly, the alarm for lunch rang. I rubbed my eyes before looking over at Minwoo still sleeping on the couch peacefully. I checked myself from top to bottom, worried something unexpected could have happen during my little sleep. Luckily, nothing weird happened. I prepared myself for lunch before I took a step closer to the sleeping Minwoo. I poke his arm to wake him up but there was no response. I shook his right hand repeatedly then, and finally, he opened his eyes.

With a sigh I said, “It’s lunch time. Wake up!”

He quickly answered but still didn’t move from the couch, “It’s okay. I’m not hungry.”

I replied quickly, “But you didn’t eat breakfast, and how can I trust you and leave you alone in my room?”

He smiled, “You let me have a nap in the same room as you just now.”

 

I ate my lunch as if I was starving for a week. My stomach was getting worst if I tried to skip any meal. It hurt inside but I secretly dealt with my pain alone. I've been taking a gastric pain medicine for a few years now. It totally killed me from the inside this time the doctor diagnosed me with stomach ulcer disease. It was hard to ignore the pain but I was glad that recently I could control it and stabilize my meal’s time.

After eating, Eric came to me, “Shi nae, can we meet this evening? 5pm?” He asked.

“Hmm... Do you want to show me anything trendy? I've no will to join if you still want to talk about that CCTV.” I was tired with that case seriously.

I was wondering sometimes why Eric bothered himself with Minwoo’s life when he had Hyesung. Look at what happened just now to me. I could just assume Minwoo was always the one attacking the Doctor, but I wasn't sure for Andy's case since no one was willing to talk about that yet.

“I’ll meet you at your room.” Eric said.

I shot back quickly, “Eh... It’s okay, I can walk to the library alone.”

Eric frowned. “Are you sure?”

I answered with a smirk, “Yeah. I prefer to not trust anyone, included you.”

Eric nodded and I released a heavy breathe. I would rather die than let Eric know Minwoo was inside my room.

I shoved some remaining food into the small container I brought just in case Minwoo was hungry and I hoped no one would get suspicious over my ‘pretend-to take-care-of-my-stomach-when-I’m-in-fact-hungry’ every time I filled the container with food.

When I was back to my room, Minwoo was still sleeping. His phone on the table next to the couch vibrated around three times before I got a look at the caller ID. It was Eric. I slowly grabbed his phone and surprisingly, Minwoo didn’t have any password so I just unlocked his phone. There was twelve missed calls from Eric and three unread messages. Wow. Eric was really persistent.

I took a glance towards sleeping Minwoo before carefully reading the unread messages.

‘Minwoo pick up your phone please. Where are you? Why are u skipping your lunch?’

‘Minwoo have you taken your medicine today? Pick up your phone.’

‘Minwoo I miss you.’

The last message got on my nerves. What the hell was going on with Eric? He was such a jerk. It was another new side of him I never knew before. I supported his relationship with Hyesung just because they looked cute together. But now Eric disappointed me. He wanted Hyesung to be with him but he was acting like a fool to get Minwoo’s attention.

Now I knew why Minwoo said he was sick of Eric last time.

Suddenly, the phone vibrated. It was Eric again. Before I could put the phone back on the table, Minwoo grabbed it harshly from me. My blood rose to my head. I closed my eyes ready to what Minwoo could do to me and expecting a slap.

“I thought you didn't want to mind others business.” Minwoo said with his low voice.

Oh my God. I released a deep breath and looked at him before apologizing. I quickly turn my back toward him and sat on my bed.

“Is this for me?”

I faced him back and he pointed to the container half filled with the food.

“No. I kept that for my dinner. But... If you're hungry...”

Before I could finish my word, Minwoo took the spoon and ate the meal hungrily. I never saw him ate like that before. He ate too slowly last time in front of Eric. I even thought if the guy was always eating so slowly I could film a slow motion movie. 

But it was a different Minwoo I had in front of me right now. He was eating the food delightedly and brightly. I presumed it was because he was too hungry.

 

 

to be continued...