Chapter 13

Silent Sniper

Technically three were left behind. Strangely I felt more safe and comfortable. I was lucky when I found a few packs of ramyeon in the kitchen to fill my stomach while the others went out to look for help. The snow was still crazy like . I barely saw the view outside from behind the glass door. I couldn’t imagine how they could survive out there. I would rather stay inside and live in my own world to be very honest. The struggles out there were more mean and real. Plus, I still couldn’t stand Jihoon in any pleasuring way. Somehow my brain couldn’t avoid suspecting him to be behind all this game.

 

For the first time in two days since they left, nothing weird happened here. Or at least my guessed was true. Indeed I never left my room since then. Also I didn’t hear any news of either they had found help or not. In a mean way I just hoped it took more than ever for them to struggle in that most dark and unknown forest. It was not like I wished something happened to them but at least I could enjoy some free and calm time here before the police came. Everyone knew why students were prohibited to stay here during winter break. It was mostly because there was almost no way for you to go back home when snow started covering the lands.

 

I presumed if tomorrow nothing weird was happening here, it was most likely the gamers, the one who planned all the kills weren’t Eric and Minwoo. Sometimes when I had nothing to do, it felt weird when my brain kept asking and wondering what Eric and Minwoo might be doing right now. The concerned arose and tickled my chest every time I missed one of them. If someone asked me who I needed the most right now, I might change my answer from ‘I just need myself’ to ‘I need one of them’. It was silly but to be honest, yes, I missed them even though I might be the one they both didn’t need at all.

 

I touched my phone before it vibrated loudly in my hand. I got a message.

‘Hi’

‘Yes Eric?’

‘Are you in your room?’

‘Nggg’

‘Can I come?’

‘Pardon?’

‘Am I not allowed?’

‘If I say no, you're still coming, right?’

‘Open the door. I’m in front of your room.’

 

That startled me the most. I hated when uninvited guest came when I wasn’t ready at all. With a weak step I went to the door and opened it before welcoming Eric inside. I thought that really was his first time in here though.

 

“Similar” He commented after eying each corner of my room.

“Similar?” I asked.

“Its really hard to understand clean persons.” He smirked.

“Pardon? Technically you are saying you are a dirty person?” I provoked for fun.

“Hell no. I’m normal. It's normal to be not too clean like you guys.” He laughed a little.

“You guys?” I asked.

“Yes. You and Minwoo.” He smiled.“I’m not the first guy right?” Eric asked suddenly.

“What?” I asked again.

“I can smell man’s scent here.” He sat on the same couch where Minwoo was laying days ago.

His words made me startle a bit before I answered him.

“Well my dad..” Before I could finish the sentences, he cut me.

“No I mean. I know everything.” He claimed.

 

My heart dropped and my hands started sweating. What did he mean that he knew everything? Which one that he knew? Either about Jihoon came here or..Minwoo stayed here. I gulped before asking Eric.

 

“What is it?”

“I’m not trying to bait you to my side, but do you actually know Jihoon?” He asked me back.

“What?” I asked out of anger after hearing that person’s name.

“You know I trust in you, right?” Eric said.

“So what? What are you trying to say Eric? I couldn’t catch what you said.” I was confused.

“I don’t know either you're pretending you don’t know or you really are a fool.” He smirked.

“What the hell with you Eric ? Can’t you just be straightforward?” I shouted a bit.

“Can I?” He asked.

I nodded and stared at him.

“You are on Jihoon's side, right? I mean you believe in him right? Or I could say you are also like all of them?” I couldn’t believe what I heard just now.

“What makes you think like that Eric? Don’t overthink. Over thinking could kill a person.” I snapped back.

“Hmmm ok I believe in you, or I’ll try.” He said with his low voice. “I know Jihoon came here last time begging you to come on his side and make you believe Minwoo dod all these wrong things.” He continued.

“So do you think I’ll believe someone who's the most suspicious when I don’t even believe my parents?” I said.

“Just..you know..i hope I had someone to share.”

“Share? Share what?” I asked.

“That I know who did all this.” Eric said strongly.

“Jihoon?” I guessed even though I hated to even hear that bloody person's name.

“Bingo!” Eric shouted a bit.

“But you could be the one…” Before I finished he cut me again.

“Darn. Shi Nae. I thought you trusted me?” He said louder.

“I never trust anyone from the very beginning Mr. Eric” I smiled.

“Minwoo?” I gulped before answering.

“Yes. Everyone.” I smirked a little.

“It'ss unfair.” He sulked.

“The world itself is unfair. There’s no right answer for anything. It could be right and it could be wrong. Depend on what the person’s thinking and their perception.” I stated. “It’s the same when you trust someone. The one who you trust the most might stab you in the back. Even deeper, meaningless and evil that you couldn’t even imagine at all.” I explained.

“So it's people's duty to make ta better world and fair, isn’t?” He asked.

“If you could have at least three persons who haven't intend to kill you to survive in the last battle, will never step on your triumph or could give up their life for a better life for you, I could  answer yes. But…could you find them? Not even blood related people could take this though.” I said.

“But what if I find them?” He asked.

“Then the world is still unfair, because it was created for certain person who have a lucky life.” I answered.

 

Eric went back to his room. I presumed he came here to make sure I was on his side. However, what relieved me more was he still didn’t know Minwoo stayed here. I silently prayed that he would never ever know about that.

           

The third night. And still nothing happened at all. It was a good sign though. But I would never feel over hyped because I was still living here. I decided to go to the kitchen again to get my ramyeon stock there. The chilling wind outside the room wasn’t playing with us anymore. I was not sure it was either the heaters here were broken or really the weather outside the university was not uncontrollable anymore.

 

When I was about to leave the kitchen, I heard thumping sound behind me. I was sure it was human. My mind presumed it was Minwoo to diminish my nervousness. I quickly ran out from the dark kitchen and stood alone in the wide hall trying to wait for the one who made the sound behind me just now. From afar I could see one familiar figure walking toward me. Yes. It was really Minwoo. Darn. He threw his irresistible smile while his ing smooth and smexy body slowly approached me. I couldn’t help but smile back to him.

 

“I didn’t know you had the nicest smile.” He praised.

“I know right. Not everyone can see it.” I showed my teeth and walked together next to him.

“Shi Nae.” He called.

“Nggg” I answered.

“Do you feel anything for Eric?” He asked abruptly.

“Pardon?” I shocked.

Why on earth he would ask me this kind of question ?

“He seems to like you and you seem to like him too. Both of you are so close. Not just me but everyone can see it.” He exclaimed.

“Why're you asking?” I asked.

“Just..just because.” He answered shortly.

“How can I feel anything toward him when all days he just think about you, minwoo ya!”

“What if I never existed? Would you feel anything for him?” He asked seriously.

“Minwoo…” I called.

“Nggg” He answered.

“You know, it's not cool if this world don’t have you in it?” I smiled.

“What..what do you mean?” He asked curiously.

“Nothing.” I answered shortly.

“So do you like Eric?” He tried to be more straightforward this time.

“Why? Bothering you is it?” I smirked.

“If I say yes?” He said hesitantly.

“Don’t worry. I’m not this a person like that. I don’t fully love myself already, how can I love a person ?” I said lowly.

“But you can try?” He said.

“Eh..it isn’t like you at all Minwoo-ya. I thought we were thinking the same about love. But I forgot you were in a lot of relationships which explains why you are so different from me. I still can't understand why people love each other when they even can’t trust themselves.” I said.

“Love and trust is the same thing.” Minwoo tried to explain.

“You know you love someone when you trust them more than you can trust yourself.” I cut

“Lucky you…having Eric who still loves you.” I fake a smile.

“But you are more lucky…get a sudden kiss from him.” Minwoo faked his smile too.

“Oh..I don’t know how you know but I’m sorry if it's bothering you Minwoo-ya. I’m sure I’ve feel nothing for him and I thought you hated him so…” He cut me.

“Yes it's bothering me. Not because of the kiss. But the person he kissed.” His words electrified me once again.

 

 

To be continued...