Chapter 5

Silent Sniper

Sorry for taking a sudden hiatus before I could continue this chapter. I quite busy since i just started my final semester and now i'm on my sem break. Anyway i'll going oversea tomorrow. A sudden flight ticket booked tonight so maybe i'll having a mini hiatus again lol.


The library looked brighter than before. I searched Eric for a few minutes before I found him focused on his laptop’s screen.

“Hi.” He greeted me. I smiled back.

“Hmm..Shi nae..Can I ask you something?”

My blood rose up suddenly. Did he already know Minwoo's staying in my room ?

“Yes?” I asked.

 “Do you believe Andy committed suicidal ?”

I grinned before answering. “I don’t care Eric. He’s dead.”

“But I've this weird feeling since this first night the Doctor was attacked.”

I responded, “Why? Do you think it's Minwoo? I thought you believed in him.”

“No. I know it's nothing to do with Minwoo. I just think it was all planned.” Eric assumed.

“Nice game then.” I answered with a smirk.

“It’s not a game, Shi nae. It’s real. I’m afraid this thing will continue.” Eric said.

“So, who do you think is next?” I raised my eyebrows at him.

“Shi nae... I trust you, and I'm serious here. Something's up.” Eric said in a begging manner. As if he was begging me to believe him and help him.

If only I could ignore this annoying side of Eric trying desperately to get Minwoo back and just see this warmness I always found comforted in, I would have no problem helping him with this case.

“Sorry. I don’t trust anyone.” My words might disappoint Eric but I really didn’t care.

Before I could turn my back to Eric, he asked me, “But what if I was telling you Minwoo's next ?” I laughed at his sudden conclusion. He really looked like a loser right now.

“I think Minwoo will be the last. Don’t you think so? The gamer is genius somehow.” I provoked him.

“Shi nae... I can’t lose anyone anymore. Help me please. Just this time.” Eric begged.

“Just take care of your Hyesung.” I said.

“How about Minwoo?” Eric asked.

 “Well. I don’t think you've the right to involve yourself in his life. You guys broke up. I can see he hates you very much, Eric.” I stated.

“But I love him. I love Minwoo. I love him more than anyone else. I love him more than I love Hyesung.” Eric cried a little. He looked pitiful at this moment. He was such a complicated person.

 

            When I walked back to my room, I made sure no one was following me in my back. It was unusual for me to behave like this. I used to not care about who could be walking behind me. I used to not be scared of whatever might jump on me.

Once at my room, I unlocked the door and entered. Minwoo was still there, on my couch. ! He ate my favorite snacks. I only had a little left behind for this 2 months holiday. Holy crap, Lee Minwoo!

 

“Holy , this is mine!” I grabbed my snack from his hand.

Wait. Why was he not reacting at all. Was he angry ? Was he mad ? Was he okay ? I waved my hand in front of his face but his eyes were fixated on the corner of my bed.

“Minwoo..” I called. Still no response. Wait. Was he sick?

When I tried to get his attention and went to the right corner of my bed, he suddenly shouted, “No! Don’t go there !” I was shocked at first before scanning around the corner and side of my bed. Nothing. There was absolutely nothing. Was he hallucinating? Yeah. I think he was.

            I sat back on the couch next to him. Wow, this was totally new to me. But it was a kindda interesting play. I wondered what he was actually seeing.

“What do you see?” My curiosity got the upper-hand.

“Nothing.” Simple answer.

“Do you see someone there? Is it a girl or a boy?” I asked again.

He became silent, but this time he stared at me. I gave up asking and ate what was left of my snacks before saying.

“It’s okay. I don’t care.” He smiled back at that and quickly grabbed the snack from my hand.

“You cheated, Minwoo!” I yelled.

“I won !” He shouted.

“Yaaah !” I kicked his and he almost fell down. Luckily, I could save my snacks, but in the end I just shared another pack of snacks with him. Minwoo was kind of a funny creepy guy and he was comfortable to be with.

 

            I hated the eyes staring at me as if I had killed 5 persons 5 minutes ago. If only Minwoo hasn’t followed me back to the main hall, I could eat my dinner comfortably. Eventually, Eric approached me again. This time he was with Hyesung.

 “Shi nae... Are you alright?” Eric asked. I raised my eyebrows.

“Do I look sick?” I snapped back.

“No. I mean. I don’t know, have you ever talked with Minwoo?” Eric asked, sounding a bit jealous.

“Well. None of your business, Eric.” I glanced at Hyesung next to him and Eric gave up before walking away.

 

I was still refusing to join Eric. Since nothing happened anymore, I presumed everything would be alright.

After finishing my dinner, I volunteered to accompany Junjin to Andy’s grave in the backyard. Since I quite trusted Junjin more than the others I wasn't worried when I was with him. He was quiet the all way to the backyard. His shoulders were slouched with the weight of his sadness. He seemed more pitiful, but he looked better since last time he saw Andy’s stiff body.

            He cleaned the backyard faithfully and got ride of the thick snow covering the place. I could see how much he loved Andy by the look in his gloomy eyes. Junjin had changed after losing his lover. From a cheerful Junjin he became so gloomy. I could not believe how much people could in such a matter of time.

I was suddenly reminded of Eric when he described how cheerful Minwoo was before they broke up. Maybe it was what they called the power of love. Whatever it was I still didn't believe in love. It was quite annoying to interpret and it was too much trouble.

“Andy didn't kill himself.” Suddenly said Junjin. “He was killed by someone... Among us.” Junjin's words got to me a little.

“By who?” I asked.

“This person will already be dead if I knew who it was.” Junjin said, determined. I gulped silently.

“You'll end up in jail.” I stated.

“I don’t even care now. Andy didn’t deserve this. Andy was such a lovely boy. He was the only one I loved. How could he get murdered by that bastard ?” Junjin ended up crying next to me.

 

            It was around 9pm when we walked back inside the building. I followed Junjin closely from behind before we crossed path with Dongwan and Minwoo. I thought this was my first time seeing Dongwan and Minwoo at one place together. I glanced a bit at them and Dongwan smiled back. Junjin walked away to the other side. I presumed he was still mad at Minwoo.

When I tried to resume my way, Dongwan suddenly stopped me.

“Have you talked to him?” He asked me.

“About what?” I asked back.

“Andy’s death. He assumes one of us killed his Andy.” He said.

“If I was him, I will assume you're the most potential killer of the group.” My words startled Dongwan a bit. Minwoo standing next to him seemed to relax.

“You're exaggerating Shi nae. In my opinion Eric is the weirdest.” Dongwan glared at me.

 “As if I cared.”

When I turned my back, Dongwan quickly grabbed my hand with force. I felt threatened and kicked his right leg instinctively.

“He's having with Hyesung right now. Considering this, how could Eric not be the weirdest of us all ?” Dongwan shouted a bit. I was startled a bit before raising my brows at Minwoo.

“You're the weirdest right now. I heard you dated the doctor. But it looks like you just kissed Minwoo here. His lips are obviously swollen. Don’t tell you aren’t getting hard in your pants. I’m not stupid to just fall for whatever accusations you're throwing at Eric.” I provoked him.

“You know, right?” Dongwan still refused to give up.

“What ?” I asked angrily.

“Eric still loves Minwoo!” Dongwan yelled.

“Yes. I know. It’s not surprising. Minwoo is his first love.” I stated.

“So you are on Eric's side?” Dongwan asked, calming down.

“No. I’m not interested to be on anyone's side. You guys are foolish and a waste of time.” I stomped my foot and walked away from Dongwan and Minwoo.

This situation was so annoying. I hated to be involved in anyone’s life.

 

            As I laid my heavy body on my bed, this damn alarm rang again. I glanced at my watch. It wasn't time for supper, so, why did it rang. It was so annoying. The alarm wasn't stopping and my mind told me something worst had happened tonight. I was too freaking lazy to enjoy the game at the right moment. The gamer was really something.

 

            As I neared the main hall, I could hear loud sobs from afar. There was only Dongwan and Junjin there. Where were the others? I walked towards them and asked. “What’s going on?” None of the two answered me.

I presumed another person was killed tonight. Where was Eric and Hyesung? Where were the doctor and Jihoon? My brain couldn’t stop thinking something bad might have happen to Minwoo as well.

 

I stood there blankly for 10 minutes beside a crying Dongwan and Junjin. Suddenly, the doctor and Jihoon rushed inside the building through the front door. No one was following them.

“Dongwan, Junjin, follow us outside. We need to bring his body inside before it gets frozen.” Said Jihoon.

“Who’s body?” I asked.

“Hyesung. He’s dead. He fell from the 5th floor.” Jihoon explained. But it was not the incident that surprised me, but the person who died. How could Hyesung die when he was always with Eric. Wait. Where was Eric ? And Minwoo ?

 

Half of my questions were answered when I saw Minwoo approaching me slowly. But where was Eric?

“Who's turn this time?” Asked Minwoo calmly.

 “Hyesung.” I answered shortly. I observed Minwoo's messy hair and his crumpled shirt. Nothing seemed weird, but his lips were still swollen.

 I smirked and asked, “Is Dongwan always so passionate ?”

He blurted out, “No. It was Eric. We bumped into each other just now.” The reality hit me. That meant Eric was with Minwoo. So did Hyesung killed himself ?

 

After a few minutes, four persons carrying one helpless body entered the building and walked to the main hall. I recognized Hyesung without a doubt. His hair were covered with snow, but he looked flawless. No blood. I assumed the blood had frozen due to the freaking coldness outside.

“Where’s Eric? Does he know ?” I asked out of curiosity.

“He fainted when he saw Hyesung fall down with his own eyes. He’s in the pink room now.” Jihoon explained.

I moved closer to Minwoo and whispered, “Liar!”

Minwoo smirked secretly toward me and whispered back, “I’m not. Eric was already conscious when I arrived at the pink room.”

I chuckled before whispering closer to his face, “. Do you guys really kissed ?”

I got butterflies in my stomach when Minwoo's lips suddenly touched my ear and I heard him whisper, “Bingo!”

Goosebumps assaulted my body.

 

 

to be continued...