Chapter 3

Life's Easy Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solbi's P.O.V

      The rain pattered down around me as I walked home, twirling my umbrella above me.  It had started raining immediately after school and the dreary outside and had made the warm interior of Chen's house seem all the more inviting. I felt a smile plastered on my face as I whistled K. Will's "Please Don't..."  Spending time at Chen's was always satisfying.  While I felt slightly empty without Kris' usual cold presence, I was extremely thankful for the absence of his constant nagging.  

      I turned as I heard a moan coming from behind a nearby convenience store. Should I ignore it? Just keep walking? What if there's a nearby? I started running, but quickly turned back. I couldn't just leave someone there. I'll just sneak behind and see. If it's dangerous, I'll call the police. Otherwise, I'll help. I slowly built up my courage and headed towards the convenience store.

"渴死了" I heard someone mumble.  He's thirsty? Good thing dad forced me to learn Chinese when I was young. Should I give him some water? I turned the corner and saw a pale figure slumped down against the wall, clearly drenched and cold from the rain. He should have just drank rain water, but whatever. What a strange person. I sighed and approached him, assuming that he was a homeless person or something of the sort. I gasped.

"Kris?" I shook him. I felt something hot swell up in my stomach.  Kris was lying on the ground, clenching his stomach, eyes bloodshot and face pale. I hated Kris, but I didn't want him dead. "I'll call the police." I turned to grab my phone from my schoolbag. I felt something on my arm.

"No. Solbi."

"You need to go to the hospital."

"Xiumin." Why doesn't Kris want to go to the hospital? I knew he was a responsible person, so there had to be some kind of explanation behind his illogical behavio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter