Chapter 10

Life's Easy Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solbi's P.O.V

I gasped and felt the blood drain out of my body.

        I heard Hyeri let out a bloodcurdling cry from behind me, and then a sudden thump as something hit the floor. I guess she’s fainted. At the doorway, stood EXOK, dressed starkly in black, faces pale with fangs protruding. As though to further enhance and contrast with their already pale faces, their eyes had morphed from their normal toffee brown to a black that seemed like an endless pit and their lips were painted a crimson red reminiscent of the shade of fresh blood. I shivered and looked down to see their fingernails elongated and sharpened at the end. If the situation had not been so dire, I would have made fun of their seeming manicure. Kai appeared to have expected this situation.

“Step back.” He pushed me backwards and protectively stepped forward himself. He snapped his fingers and flexed as though he were preparing for a fight. Suddenly, I heard a crack and saw his fingernails grow out. Although I couldn’t see so with his back facing me, I could only assume that his face had morphed just as the others’ had.

“Move aside Kai. Council orders,” Suho commanded, flicking his wrist to the side as though expecting Kai to quickly obey.

Kai held his ground, taking a step forward. “No. You know what they’re going to do with her.”

“You can’t go against the Council. If you don’t hand her over, we’ll just have to take her by force.” Unlike the words that came from his mouth, Chanyeol's voice dwindled as he finished the threat. I felt my heart drop as I heard the remorse in his voice. He may not have believed in the Council’s wishes, but knowing him, he was probably incapable of going against the leader, Suho.

“They’re going to kill her.” I heard the plea in Kai’s voice.

“She broke the rules.” Suho on the other hand, had no mercy.

Kai tensed his fist and I could almost feel the anger radiating off of him. “I've warned you all already. She doesn’t know the ing rules. She’s a human. Remember?”

“That doesn’t matter. She knows about us. It’s already too dangerous.”

Kai suddenly grabbed my hand, bringing me next to him. “What if I choose to claim her?” He held my wrist up to his mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter