Chapter 11

Life's Easy Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris’ P.O.V

“I think you all have some explaining to do.”

I stepped back and slowly pushed Xiumin forward as I heard her statement. She had an inextinguishable fire lit in her eyes and trust me, I did not want to face her while she was this upset. Furthermore, I knew that she would be asking a lot of questions.

“Well…” Xiumin shyly played with his fingers.  Looks like even the eldest in EXOM was not exempt from Solbi’s wrath.

Solbi, sensing her brother's hesitation, interjected, “Okay. So, firstly: how did you know what was happening?” Xiumin merely looked back at the unconscious Eunseo. Yes, Eunseo was the one who had messaged us saying that there was an emergency and that demons had arrived and only Kai was fending them off.  I was shocked that she was even capable of doing anything after seeing EXOK’s vampirical form, but I guess she was stronger than I had assumed – her quiet appearance must have been concealing a fierce personality; too bad we had to wipe her memory and make her forget her heroic actions. Solbi nodded, understanding her brother’s actions.

“Secondly: EXOK are vampires?” Xiumin nodded.

“They even have a pure-breed: Kai.” Pure-breeds were those who were vampires not because they were bitten, but because they were vampire offspring. The only pure-bloods that I knew were either those of royal descent or those who worked for the Vampire Council. “EXOK are a strong group. We used to be friends, but seeing this incident, I don’t think they’ll want to associate with us anymore.” Solbi nodded to indicate that she was still listening. “EXOK, as you could probably tell, works for the Vampire Council. They’re responsible for maintaining order amongst rogue groups of vampires, like us.”

“So they came today because of me?” Xiumin solemnly nodded.

“We hadn’t told you because we didn’t want to rush you in choosing your partner, but we needed you to choose someone to marry not only because of father, but also because of the Council.  Since they don’t want information or rumors about vampires to spread and cause fear amongst the human population, they implemented a rule: if a human learns about your identity, you must either turn him/her or wipe his/her memory.  We would have wiped your memory, but we don’t know what consequences that might have and I didn’t want to take that kind of risk with you.”

Solbi held up her hand, signaling for him to stop talking. “Wait a moment. Two things. One: why didn’t you turn father then? T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter