Chapter 1

Life's Easy Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solbi's P.O.V

   Brrrring. I quickly rolled over, hitting my alarm and silencing the ringing as I squinted my eyes towards the sun streaming through my half-opened windows. Why is it so freakin' bright today? I hated Mondays and I hated morning. Hence Monday morning always seemed to be the bane of my existance. I checked my phone. 8:03AM I blinked. . I was going to be late, AGAIN. I grabbed my phone and rolled out of bed, stubbing my toe in the process. Goddammit. Why does this always happen to me?  Hopping about, I headed to the bathroom to wash up, quickly opening Kakao in the process.

Solbi: woke up late. cover for me please

Kris: stuupid

Eunseo: i'm running late too :( sry

Ahri: i'll tell jung that you're in the bathroom but that excuse won't last for too long

Solbi: thnx ilysm<3

   Brushing my teeth, I opened up the bus schedule. If I get on the 8:30 bus I'll only be five minutes late. I looked at the top of my screen. 8:24AM If I run, I'll definitely make it. I quickly slipped on my blazer, hanging my tie loosely around my neck, and grabbed my bag. "Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" I heard a murmered response from my parents' bedroom. Typical. They're not even up yet. 

     My dad was the CEO of Song Coorperations, a large conglomerate exporting automobile software internationally. This meant that he was free to wake up whenever he wanted and basically do whatever he wanted. My mother, on the other hand, only did volunteer work, which she always scheduled to be in the afternoon; hence, my parents were normally not awake when I headed to school.

     As I waited at the busstop, I tapped my foot on the sidewalk, anxiously checking my phone every minute for the time. 8:36AM Of all days, why are buses running late today? A string of curses was running through my head when suddenly a motorbike whizzed past me, merely an inch away from hitting me. I held my fist out, as I turned in the direction of the bike, ready to release my anger at whoever the incapable driver was.

"Hey Solbi! Need a ride?" The owner of the motorbike made a quick U-Turn and stopped next to me.

"What the Tao?" I glared, hoping that my eyes would laser right through him his trivial existance. "You nearly ing killed me."

"So much for a thank you," he murmered as he grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him. "Whatever. We've got to go now." I angrily swung myself onto his bike, muttering a quick thanks as I replayed the near-death-experience in my head. I shook my head, trying to get rid of the memory.

I suddenly looked up. How did Tao know I was going to be there? "How did you even know?" 

Although I couldn't see his face, I could feel him giving me an 'Are you an idiot' expression. "You sent a message in the group chat. How could I not?" I mentally facepalmed. What did I think he was? Clairvoyant or something?

"Oh right." I tried to play down my obvious question. "But aren't you going to be late now?"

"I'd prefer getting killed by Jung seonsangnim than by Xiumin hyung." I chuckled. So that's why he came. It wasn't for me.  I smiled.  I wonder what Xiumin promised Tao to get him to come get me. Although my brother was the oldest of the group, his threats and authority had no impact on the flying Kung Fu panda that Tao was. 

"Well thanks anyways," I responded as he quickly parked outside of the school gates. I unmounted the bike and headed towards the back of the school, looking around to see if there were any teachers present. 

"Quickly." Tao loudly whispered. He was already by the broken part of the back gate and was hurriedly gesturing me to follow him in.  "Okay. I'll go in first and distract her, while you sneak in through the back door."  I wonder what Xiumin must have offered him for him to be doing all this for me. Oh, whatever. I smiled. Whatever it was, it was worth it, because by the looks of it, Jung Songsaengnim hadn't noticed that I was missing, as she was still seriously teacher the rest of the class by the front blackboard.

Tao walked towards the front door while I stayed behind, waiting for his signal. He pushed the door open wide, bowing as he entered, feigning politeness. "Hey Seonsangnim. Sorry I'm late." I internally chuckled. His expression didn't look vaguelly apologetic as he continued. "My stomach was really killing me this morning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter