Chapter 18

Sunset at Jaopraya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aom is your grandma home?”

Aom quickly turn to look at Kimhan’s face, suddenly the kind pale face turn strict and that black eyes send chills down her back. Kimhan stand there still like a statue.

 As for the person who just ran up the stair when he saw who is standing in front of him, his legs weaken and fall down to his knees. The face suddenly turn pale, his mouth is shaking, look down on the floor and try to avoid eyes contact from that cold look.

“You’re scare of me?” Kimhan ask every word clearly in Thai, that powerful voice cut like a knife deep down to the person that’s sitting there shaking.

Aom look at the person with a straight face and ask, “Ta Bua, why do you need to see Grandma?”

“I..I…want to ask her for some medicine, Ta Pol is sick” the old man stutter

“What’s going on?” Aom asks with a softer voice but still not as friendly

“He has a fever, he has been shaken all night, your grandma was sick, so I thought you might have some medicine left”

“Yeah, Grandma was sick but she’s better because the doctor came and give her a shot, I think you know which doctor I’m talking about right Ta Bua?”

All these time, that person stare at the old man with a nerve racking look.

“What happened?” Kimhan ask in Thai, the old man still won’t give eyes contact, so Aom has to explain it to Kimhan again about what’s going on. Kimhan listen carefully with interest.

“Other than being cold and shaking, is there any other symptom?” That person’s voice is so plain and doesn’t show any kind of feeling at all

“He…he...said that he has a painful headache and very suffering right now” the old man answer with a shaken voice without looking

Kimhan turns to Aom, “I think he might have cerebral malaria, it goes up to his brain already”

Aom give a long sigh, “I still have a little medicine that the doctor give it to Grandma, you can give it to Ta Pol but I don’t know if it would help”

“It won’t be enough, if you don’t take him to the doctor it wouldn’t do any good” Kimhan said it with a straight voice

The old man look up with a panic look, “I can’t take him to a doctor, I don’t have any money”

“Then he’s going to die!” Kimhan smirk, “You scare of dying too?”

That question makes the old man tense, shaking and look down on the floor.

“Then why don’t you think other people are scare of dying too?” Kimhan said while laughing sarcastically in , “Where is the sick person?”

“Err…at…at…” the old man stutter, but when look up at that keen look, he answers almost like whisper, “At the cabin behind the orange orchard…”

“Is it far?”

“N..N..No…”

“Can you take me there?”

That question made the old man’s body shiver, drop down to his knees, started pleading and put both of his hand up over his head like praying to a god.

“Please…sir…d.d.don’t do anything to me, let bygones be bygones. We didn’t want to you guys to be dead and now Ta Pol is already suffering, p..p..please don’t capture and torture him anymore…”

Even if the tall figure didn’t understand everything the old man is trying to say but can somewhat tell from the body language, so the red lip curve up a bit into a smirk and the black eyes give a strange feeling.

“Why did you want to kill the doctor and me?”

Again that the question that the tall figure asks made the old man’s body shiver, stutter and want to run away from that place as fast as possible. The old man try to look for help from the petite girl, but Aom look at him like she could care less of what happen to him and don’t want to be involve.

“I understand the reason that you want to kill me…but I don’t…understand why you want to kill the doctor too…why did you want to kill him?!?”

“Err…be..because you guys came together…”

Again that the red lip curve up into a smirk like a victor.

“Now I know who is really behind this whole thing…it was just a suspicion at first”

The old man’s jaw drop, now that he realize he has fallen into a trap, which make him shiver even more and don’t say another word.

“Ok, now I know the criminal who tried to kill me…the reason…is because you want to get back at me for the punishment right?”

No answer from the old man except putting his hand over his head begging.

“The punishment was because you did wrong…too bad it was not that much…because I think you’re old…and…”

Kimhan turn to give the petite girl a little glance and turn back to the old man.

“or else…you guys would probably be dead already…can you take me to the other guy?”

Ta Bua looks over at Aom with a begging eyes, as the petite girl saw it, she gives out a long sigh and turn to Kimhan and said, “I’ll go with you guys”

“Good…I’ll go see if the doctor is free to go with us…you go wait for me at the bridge to the boat dock”

The tall figure quickly walk down the stair of Aom’s house. Ta Bua watch until he saw that Kimhan really left before he turn and ask with a confusing look, “Where is that bastard going?”

Aom gives the old man a dirty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter