Chapter 15

Sunset at Jaopraya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The path way has a lot of twist and turn, it’s also very dark to see. Aom tries to run as fast as she can and sometime trip and fall from the root of the trees. She skids her knees, but she don’t have time to worry about that. She still keep on running because she can see the two shadows not far ahead of her. Suddenly she heard a loud sound and it made her even more concern. The scream of pain made Aom run full speed, head on to that direction and shout with all her might.

“WHAT IS GOING ON?”

There is no answer, except for the sound of people running away. All the petite girl saw is two bodies lying face down on the floor.

“Who…who is this?” Aom asks

“Tesu duste kudasai…(Please help me)”

Aom is now out of breath from running and help the body that is closest to her to stand up.

“It..it’s you”

“Doctor, are you ok?”

“I’m ok…but Kimham…”

Aom walks over to the tall figure’s body and bend down to touch Kimhan but all she feels is something wet and sticky on her hand.

“Dead…are you dead?” Aom asks with a shaken voice, her heart drop, but then she saw Kimhan tries to raise one’s head up, moan in pain a little then become unconscious again.

“No, not dead yet, Doctor…can you walk? Let’s go back to my house, we can’t cross the bridge back to the boat dock in this condition”

The doctor bend down and try to carry his buddy. He uses one hand carry Kimhan by the waist, the other grab Kimhan’s hand and put it around his neck. Aom can hear a low moan sound from pain and the smell of blood is everywhere. Aom has to hold in her breath when she goes in and help carry Kimhan on the other side.

“Doctor, let’s hurry…it’s so dark right here”

Kimhan mumble in one’s throat, “Do suta nae dezka? (What happened?)” but then become unconscious again. Kimhan’s head is now resting close to Aom’s neck and the petite girl can feel the warm breath on her neck.

“Probably become unconscious again,” said Aom

In a normal situation, the doctor won’t have a problem carrying his buddy but now his body is going through similar injury, so the weigh is a lot on Aom side. Due to Kimhan being much taller than her, she dragging and struggling to carry Kimhan all the way until they reach her house. 

 

Mrs.Orn opens the door as she heard the sound from downstairs. Aom and the Doctor gather their last energy to help Kimhan up the steep stairs.

“What is going on?” ask Mrs.Orn

“The Doctor…and Kimhan got slash by swords in their back shoulders”

They put Kimhan down on the raise up floor in the living area, you can see Kimhan’s shirt soak with blood, and the tall figure’s face is now pale white.

“Mom, can you get us some hot water?...Doctor, how is your shoulder?”

“My wound isn’t that bad, I have to help Kimhan first, and I lost my medicine bag in the wood”

“We have some medicine here”

“Then can I have scissor, cotton balls and elastic bandage”

Aom runs to her room, pull out every draws to find what she needed quickly before going back to the doctor. When she comes out, the doctor put Kimhan’s body to lay on the tall figure left side.

“Can you please hold Kimhan’s body in this position for me? I have to cut the shirt open to see the wound”

Aom holds Kimhan’s body and put Kimhan’s head on her lap.

The doctor cut the shirt open, and what Aom saw, shock her, ‘Is that a binder? Is Kimhan a girl?!?’ Aom thought to herself, but quickly shake that thought off her head, ‘No it can’t be, how can a girl be a soldier and this is not the time to think about this stuff’

Aom gazes her eyes at wound and she has to turn away when she saw it. The wound is long and deep, from the left shoulder down to mid back, the white color skin is all cover in blood.

“The wound is deep, it has to be stitch up”

“So what are we gonna do?” Aom asks the doctor with concern

“We don’t have any equipment…and I can’t go back to the boat dock, Kimhan would lose too much blood before I come back” the doctor said anxiously

The injured person give out a long exhale, the head that is rested side way on the Aom’s lap now try to turn face up but get stop by a small hand of the petite girl.

“No don’t turn your body”

“Do you have thread, needle, tincture, and alcohol?” said the doctor<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter