Wait for me, I'm coming to you...

Chiseki

A few weeks before.

 

Somewhere in a secluded Estate, inside Sakura pavilion so called because of the abundance of the cherry blossom trees, there lived a plain-faced girl adored by 3 brothers, a serene mother and a stern father.

 

                "No!!!  And that's final." Bellowed the man at his daughter who was 17 years old and making her case seriously.

 

                "Just one school year, Father. Please!  Why can't I go?  Tutor Jang said that I can easily be admitted to Seoul University with my current national ranking.  I've never once disobeyed your orders.  I am homeschooled for the longest time and hasn't made any real friends."

 

                "Who said anything about you going to Seoul University?  Cambridge is where you will be going, any course you like.  Friends...Hmph! All you need is family."

 

                "How come all my brothers went to a regular school and I didn't?"

 

                "You very well know the answer to that young lady."

 

                "Yeah...Well I do, but they never need know the real me. I can use another name and Secretary Lee can be my pretend mother."

 

                "Insolence!!! You dare say such things in front of your mother."

 

                "Mom!!!  A little help please?!  You've done the commoner thing before.  Why can't I?"

 

                "There now.  I didn't do the commoner thing... I was and is a commoner.  Go to your room and I'll talk to your father.  Run along now."

 

                Shoulders stooped, the young lady sulkily trudged toward her room.  When she left, her mother who she resembled very much was a different person when alone with her husband. 

 

                "Honey, let her go.  There's nothing to be afraid of.  She's your daughter.  Growing up you made sure she can take care of herself."

 

                "My enemies are many and devious.  They know they can't hurt me and don't even try.  But Chiseki, if it becomes known she's my daughter, they will definitely try and kill her."

 

"Well if we plan it thoroughly no one will know.  I think we need to keep this from her brothers too, they're worse than you."

 

"No, Makoto.  She's not ready yet.  After, we have her engaged then she can go wherever she pleases.  That way, there are two powerful families to contend with.  And.."

 

"------ Moon, I think I have made up my mind.  She is going and you will make sure she'll be safe.  Right honey?"                                                    

 

 

 

The man looked into her eyes and knew that he was going to do her bidding as he has done for 20 years.  That tone signaled the end of discussion.  He might have been mortally feared by friend and foe alike but when it comes to his lady love he was a big old softie.