Here we go!

Chiseki

Young Do and I went to visit Yuta at his residence.

 

"Unnie!" I hugged Hannah and gave her the cakes Young Do bought.

 

"Thank you, these are my favorites!  It's good to see you young master Young Do."  She beamed at Young Do and nudged her husband.

 

"You're here." acknowledged Yuta.

 

"Onii-chan, we came to visit.  This is Choi Young Do, my boyfriend.  You met him before. He is Rae Won's friend. Do you remember? " I nervously introduced.

 

"So I'm the first one?  Chiseki help your sister-in-law prepare food.  You, follow me." He said to both of us. I smiled apologetically at Young Do as he followed Yuta to his study. Both came back after an hour.  Young Do looked grim while Yuta being Yuta looked the same. All four of us enjoyed the sumptuous dinner prepared by Hannah.

 

As Young Do drove me to my parents' house I asked him "How was it? What did you guys talk about?  Did he give you a hard time?"

 

 

 

                                                          -------------***--------------------

 

 Young Do

 

 

 

What a family. Something dark lurks beneath the surface. One is lulled by all that warmth. All that secrecy in high school, I now understand it. Yuta minces no words as he goes right for the jugular. He told me he will only ask me once if I love Chiseki and my life from now on will depend on my answer. I told him gravely that I do for the last ten years even when we were apart. He said nothing to do that. He was quiet for a long time and then startled me by saying that my life is now bound to Chiseki and that there is no turning back. He told me that although they are now a legitimate conglomerate much of their power and influence lies underground. He has accepted me but warned me about Yato. He wouldn't put it past him to make me disappear once the engagement is known. I must know at least how not to make his sister a young widow. I secretly scoffed at that idea, that flower boy is no match for me. As if reading my mind, he told me that it it's not an easy feat to be an heir in their world which Yato definitely is. So I shouldn't dismiss him lightly. Lastly, he assured me that if I quit on Chiseki and this family for whatever reason he will be the last person I see on this world.

 

                                                            ---------*-------------

 

 

 

"Young Do! Young Do!", I worriedly called out to him. "Are you okay? What did onii-chan tell you? He can be a bit frightening sometimes but he loves our family."

 

He asked me instead in reply "Who is Yato? What is he to you?"

 

"He is a male best friend second only to you. Why?"

 

"Yuta warned me about him. What does he do for a living? Why are you friends with a man? Why did he claim to be lovers with you?"

 

"Growing up with three brothers I guess I'm more comfortable around men as friends. My background limits my exposure to certain groups of people. He knows that I've loved you since high school and was content to be my friend until the time that I can get over you."

 

 

 

"I'm surprised he held himself back."

 

"If he crossed the line between us he would have had a costly war in his hands. My family won't take any insult to me sitting down. Besides neither of us expected to cross paths with you again. If we haven't met today, we would have gotten married eventually. We are compatible in a lot of ways. Together, we can build a dynasty to rule the underworld."

 

"A dynasty huh? That sounds epic. A lot of people will be disappointed. Are you?" he asked me sourly.

 

"Choi Young Do, are you doubting me?!!! Fine! Let me call so Yato and I can start right up on that Honda dynasty! Suspicious monkey." I huffed and started punching the numbers.

 

He suddenly swerved and parked on the side road. Grabbed my phone and simultaneously lowered my car seat. Next thing I know, I'm half-dressed and can't remember my name if asked while being thoroughly kissed. "Mmmm...stop... need to go home. Mom ...worried."

 

"They won't coz we're adults. Ten years is a long time Chiseki. Has anyone ever...?"

 

"Mmm...What? A kiss? Yeah. Yato he..."

 

"Where?!" he growled and nipped my ear.

 

I smiled at all the wonderful sensations when he abruptly turned demanding. "Here?" he - my neck. I thought to myself that's beyond nice but omg, I might have to wear a turtle neck tomorrow in the peak of summer.

 

"No." I answered breathlessly.

 

"Then here?" he moved down to the notch between the collarbone. This time tenderly and reverently.

 

I giggled, "No.", I know what you're thinking. What a tease but I couldn't help myself.

 

"Then where? Damn it!!!"

 

"Let me show you." I felt his rage and reveled at it. That this man I adored more than life itself is showing me his own true feelings. But before things got out of hand, I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and smiled. The look on his face. Priceless.

 

"That's all?"

 

"Yes of course. Should I have let him do more? Actually, that kiss was stolen and a very daring one at that. We were both celebrating our graduation overseas. He did that in front of both families. You can just imagine how quickly the atmosphere turned. I diffused the situation by punching him solidly in the gut. Caught unaware, he doubled over and that was that. Problem solved. If I didn't do that my brothers would be on him in an instant. My quick reflexes has always helped me a lot."  I nodded and grinned while recounting the happy memory.

 

"I should feel sorry for the guy but I don't since I'd like to kill him too."

 

"You can't if you want to live for a long time. It's the same for all of us. You should know this. Someone can get lucky and kill us but they won't live long enough to brag about. And that includes the entire clan because survivors get crazy ideas about revenge. And we can't have that hanging over us our entire lives.

 

He looked at me as if I sprouted new wings. "I never knew this side of you." He said quietly.

 

"Uhmm yeah. It's not exactly a choice topic for polite company. Although I've been isolated from society my family made sure I knew what was going on. What others think as gruesome is what dad and brothers regularly discuss at dinner."

 

"Didn't that offend the sensibilities of your mother? She seemed a little delicate."

 

"Don't be fooled. Dad might have a good laugh about what you think of his lady love. You haven't seen how putty in her hand the boys in the family are."

 

"About that...You and your siblings don't resemble each other. Do you mind me asking?"

 

"Of course not. More or less you're now family too. We all have different mothers and one father.

 

"Oh wow...Interesting."

 

"Yes, very. Dad was wild when he was young and sowed his oats very well. Lucky for me I have three adorable brothers because of it."

 

"Heaven help me."

 

 

 

"No. Mom will. She likes you very much. She was a lot more distant with Yato. Like mother like daughter. We can tell the right man for us."