Round 2

Chiseki

It has been three weeks and yet Ryuu is surprisingly absent for his turn. I noticed, however, that Young Do looks tired when he comes to pick me up for our dates. So I finally asked him. "You look terrible nowadays. Are you going down with something? Why don't we just stay at home tonight? I would like to take care of  you while you rest."

 

"No, I'm fine. We'll be dining with Ryuu hyung tonight."

 

"We can always cancel. Let me explain to onii-chan. Give me a minute."

 

"Tonight's important. I can do this Chiseki. Let's go see your brother." He said firmly.

 

We went to one of Ryuu's clubs, the type where it's by invitation only. The house girls look so high class as if they're from chaebol families too. Since, I've never been here and thus they don't know me, they've been giving Young Do come-hither-looks until we've reached Ryuu's office-not-office. Understandably, figurative smoke is coming from my nose and was in no mood to greet my brother.

 

"Hey Chiseki, why aren't you giving your favorite onii-chan a hug?" He was all smiles and open arms.

 

"I ignored him and answered instead. "Hmmph! Favorite since when? Of all the bars, I hate this place."

 

"Come on now. This is where I work. I'll be hurt if you say that."

 

Something in his tone made me contrite and rushed to hug him back. "I'm sorry onii-chan. The girls are flawless and the place impeccable. It's just..."

 

He laughed and said "Don't you trust your man amidst all this beauties?"

 

Young Do cut in and said "Good evening hyung, Chiseki and I formally call on you for our marriage. There's no need for you to worry. I only have eyes for your lovely sister despite her lack of trust." He looked pointedly at me.

 

"I trust you! It's these es I don't trust!"

 

"Now. Now. Chiseki, what have I taught you about my line of work?"

 

I mumbled, "Respect."

 

"And?"

 

"I'm sorry onii-chan. I know they are people too who work hard at what they do. It's just that they're too damn good at it making me all nervous."

 

Young Do butted in "Now, I'm disappointed and pissed! Is that how you think of me?"

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to....Fine! I'm jealous. Am I not allowed to?" I answered back.

 

"Good! Now you know how I feel about you and Yato's years together at university."

 

"Children, please stop bickering and settle down for the dinner."

 

"Hyung, can you call off the ladies hounding me at the office. They're distracting the male staff so much that no work has been properly done. Also, I think I can manage to attract my own business partners without your recommendation. Although, I'm very grateful, they're the sort who like to drink a lot up to the wee hours of the morning. I'm a very busy man. I can't afford to entertain every single night."

 

Exasperated I called out to Ryuu, "Onii-chan!!!"

 

 

 

He just laughed it off. "Very well. I was just sniffing him out for any weaknesses. Chiseki, you have a good man here. He must love you very much. This couple of weeks, I've been sending him temptation after temptation. And he has withstood them all. I declare him free of any vices or addictions that might make you unhappy in the future."