Meet the parents

Chiseki

My house sits in a 30 hectare land.  It is a compound to be exact with only one fortified fence.  In every 6 hectares is a house reflecting the style of the owner.  The coziest belongs to my parents, the other three each to my brothers.  And mine not yet constructed.  I already have a design in mind but I'm still 'crashing' in my parents' place.  I think they love it that way too.  They often said it became a little bit lonely when my brothers started moving out one after the other.  It's a good sign that they all seemed to be out.  May be Young Do will be gone before all three get home.

 

It took a while before we reached the house.   "Good evening hime-sama and Yato-san.  May I know who he is?" 

 

"Choi Young Do and he's with me. A close friend of mine way back." 

 

"One moment please."  He took a picture of Young Do and ran it through his database.  Satisfied with the result, he said, "Thank you for patiently waiting hime-sama." 

 

I smiled in return and replied May the force be with you." With that he let us through.

 

Young Do snickered behind us, "May the force... What was that? Since when were you a jedi fan girl?"

 

"Shut up.  Don't say a word until we've reached the residence."   

 

"Not bad.  You've got some cool digs," said Young Do appreciating the colossal mansion in the middle of the woods.  Mom and dad were waiting for us in the sala.  They were informed by the security in advance that we have an unknown guest.  Yato greeted mom and dad, "Father, mother, Good evening.  I've come to take your daughter safely home.  This man assaulted her in a penthouse suite in his hotel."

 

"You've overstepped your bounds, Yato.  Are you saying my daughter allowed herself to be abused by this man when we all know for a fact that I trained her in such a manner that no man can do so?  Or are you announcing publicly that you caught my daughter behaving inappropriately with this man?"

 

"Ahh... No sir.  He ahh.... That is...."

 

"Enough!  Get out of my sight.  Do not come back until I say so to my daughter."

 

"My deep apologies father.  I did not intend to malign your daughter.  It is my jealous heart that did so.  I will await your summons.  Sorry, mother."  He took an undefinable look at me and walked away.  When he was out of sight, father turned to me and said, "Daughter, who have you brought home?  He must be someone important to you for Yato to forget himself and behave atrociously in my presence."

 

I clasped Young Do's hand and introduced him, "Father, this is Choi Young Do, my good friend from high school. The same one onii-chan attended."  Mother's brows went up with my blatant display of affection.  They've never seen me touch Yato in any way.  I treated him like I did my brothers but never did I take the initiative to hug him, take his hand, or any form of skinship.

 

Young Do extended his hand and introduced himself, "Sir, I am honored to meet you. I am Choi Young Do.  I was your daughter's friend in high school.  We spent time together dining and studying.  But before I realized and tell her I love her, she disappeared on me.  I'll go on a limb here and be honest. Yato did find me and your daughter in a compromising situation.  It was a mistake only because I haven't formalized everything with Chiseki first.  If you would allow me, I would like to marry your daughter in the soonest possible time.  I am my father's only heir and currently managing the hotel.  I believe I can provide for your daughter in the way she is accustomed to."

 

I flushed to my roots and wished the floor would swallow me up.  I couldn't look my father in the eye. I was mortified!  I saw mother hid a smile before father turned to me.  "Chiseki, do you love this man?"

 

Things are moving way too fast but I can't deny my feelings. "Yes father," was my meek reply unable to meet his eyes and that of Young Do.

 

"Young man, I knew all about you since that time.  But do you know what it means to marry into this family?"

 

"Frankly speaking, no sir.  This is the first time seeing Chiseki again.  I followed her here fearing she'd disappear on me again.  Ten years I have looked for her.  And I came up with nothing.  I'm not letting her out of my sight."

 

Father chuckled at Young Do's seriousness. "Very well, I would allow you to spend time with my daughter but as for marriage, if you can convince her brothers then you may do so.  You cannot discount Yato.  He also asked for her hand in marriage, I told him I would not object if he wins my daughter's heart.  He's a formidable rival.  A word of advice, watch out for him.  He is more like me when I was young and comes from our world.  A world you know nothing about.  Only a man who can protect his wife deserves to marry my daughter."

 

Mom who was quiet all this time, invited Young Do to dinner.  Young Do said he'd be glad to do so but I objected saying he is busy with work.  And that we can comeback some other time.  All three of them looked curiously at me.  And in panic, I blurted out "Dad, please, brothers are not as easy as you when it comes to me.  Young Do might not be able to leave in one piece when they get here and see him!"

 

Father laughed that boisterous laugh and said "Was that what was bothering you Chiseki?  Don't worry I'm still the father of this house and no one gets killed without my permission."  And with a nod to Young Do said, "You can count on that."    

 

"Oh stop it. Don't scare him!," mother said to father. "Chiseki, honey, your brothers will be home day after tomorrow.  There's plenty of time for you and Young Do to date until he gets incapacitated."  Mom added mischievously.

 

"Mom!!!"

 

"It's okay Chiseki, I can take on your brothers.  How bad can they be?"  Famous. Last. Words. 

 

 

 

Young Do as I have never seen him before, charmed the pants out of my parents.  Mom's already treating him like a son.  And dad is amused like a kid with a new toy.  Amazing!  Dad wasn't this way with my brothers.  He was a stern father to his sons.  Expecting nothing but the best.  It is a tough world we live in.  Loyalty to family was of utmost importance.  But so was excellence.  Each was the top dog in the area they were handling.  I know how they got there, it wasn't a walk in the park.  Dad didn't hand it to them.  They worked hard for it. I myself grew up learning how to fight my way out of possible sticky situations like abductions, ambushes, or being taken as a hostage. My brothers lived a life of privilege and danger.  Such was the reality for the sons of Ryoung Moon.  They all agreed that I will be spared from this notoriety and was kept hidden, blissfully sheltered in isolation.  Father is a yakuza of Korean descent.  When my brothers came of age, they took over and father semi-retired but advised behind the scenes.  Eldest brother Hideki was the designated Chairman of Toma Corporation.  He is also known as the President of U.G Entertainment.  His other more lucrative endeavors include 'finance', a.k.a personal loans and money laundering. Second brother Ryuu, the successful 'restaurateur' manages the family ktvs, clubs, and pleasure houses. Calm third brother, Yuta, as I have mentioned before is the 'cleaner'.  He is the most dangerous of them all and frighteningly rational.  He is in charge of the family's security both personal and in business.  He has a nano-chip tracker embedded in all of us.  He has also amassed a great deal of information on our business partners and rivals.  And me as the family princess, what do I do?  I have my own 'special' duty to this family that I swore to father on my eight birthday.  A duty no one in the family is likely to forget.