I am Chiseki Moon

Chiseki

I think it was the slowest walk of my life when I entered school today.  Young Do was waiting at the gate for me.  He intended to go straight to Secretary Lee's office if I didn't show up at school.  We didn't speak to each other all day.  A silent agreement that everything will be settled at dinner.

 

This time Young Do chose to eat at one of the chic restaurants owned by the family.  I kept thinking if he has figured it all out already.

 

"I see that you can adapt yourself in such esteemed surroundings.  Kyouko Lee, who are you really?  And before you spin me anymore lies, think carefully.  Everything you say from now on will affect this relationship.  And let me tell you that father saw you last night with that man who claimed to be your brother in a bar similar to this level."

 

I looked at him and decided this is it.  The end of Kyouko's short high school life.

 

"Have you guessed who I am?  Would you like to tell me?" I asked him.

 

"I have my suspicions.  But I'm giving you the chance to come clean yourself."

 

"Young Do, I don't think it's important for you to know my real identity.  In the future, we may or may not see each other again.  I made a promise to someone that if my identity is revealed all of this will change. Can we pretend that I'm still Kyouko Lee and live and laugh like before? "

 

"No."

 

"I knew you would say that.  But it was worth the try.  Since you have decided, then this is the end.  Know that I'm not Kyouko Lee and Ms. Hannah Lee is a simple employee of Toma Corporation hired for the express purpose of posing as my mother.  Only my identity was fabricated.  But all my feelings and actions towards you were sincere.  If you can believe that then I'm happy if not, that's too bad. I don't like living as myself in public, so today is my last day in school.  I will revert back to my original life."

 

His eyes were begging me to lie and say everything was true.  If I swore I was Kyouko Lee, he would have absolutely believed me.  But I remained steadfast and unflinching.  I saw that I shattered his ability to trust people and he now hates me for it.

 

"Why won't you tell me who you are?  It is you who do not trust me Kyouko."

 

"I told you I made a promise."

 

"You owe me at least your name."

 

"I don't think there will be an occasion in the future for us to meet."

 

"Your name damn it!"  He pounded his fist on the table.

 

 

 

I smiled sadly and said "Very well, Young Master Choi Young Do, My name is Chiseki Moon." And with that I turned and fled from the room.