New Home (Tao/Sehun)

EXO Drabbles

Title: New Home
Pairing: Sehun/Tao
Rating: G
Word Count: 540
Summary: When Tao finally gets adopted, he wants Sehun to come with him.
Author's Note: This is the start of a new catboy AU, because of this gif.


Sehun is attempting to take a nap, curled up on a pile of pillows in the room he shares with Zitao. Who is currently grooming Sehun, rough tongue making pass after pass over grayish-blond ears. Whenever the paler of the two attempts to protest, Zitao playfully nips at his cheek, tells him no, and resumes his self-appointed task. Sehun rolls his eyes, but curls up without further complaint and allows his boyfriend to do as he wishs.

He is long used to Zitao's behavior, having met the darker colored catboy with sandy blonde hair at the adoption center they are still living in. Many hopeful adopters have shown interest in one of the two cats, but so far no one has been able to afford both. The first few times Yifan, the shelter owner, had attempted to adopt out only one of them, Zitao had broken down in tears. He clutched at Sehun's torso pitifully, pleading with Yifan and the adopter that they wouldn't separate the two cats.

It took three such incidents before Yifan gave in, changing their adoption information to specify that one could only be adopted if the other was as well. Yifan was a bit of a push over in Sehun's opinion, though he was sure that Yixing, Yifan's catboy, had some part in Yifan's change of heart.

“Aren't you done cleaning my ears yet? You've been at it for an hour,” he whines, tiredness making him cranky.

“You don't like it when I groom you?” Zitao asks, sounding sulky. Though he did finally relent, and pull his head away from Sehun's ears.

“Not when I'm tired.”

“Oh, but when you're not tired, it's okay. Right?” the darker cat asks, perking up. Sehun doesn't have to look to know the other is grinning, happy with his win of this particular argument.

Sehun doesn't have a chance to respond, their conversation interrupted by a smiling Yifan.

“I have good news for you two! There is someone interested in adopting you both,” the taller man's smile broadens as he steps aside to allow another person to enter the room.

The man is shorter than both Sehun and Zitao, but he has a friendly smile and warm crescent-shaped eyes. Behind him stands another cat, again taller than the man, whose smile would be better described as a smirk by the way that the corners curl.

“Hello,” the man introduces, “I'm Joonmyun, and this is my catboy Jongdae.”

“You want to adopt us both?” Zitao asks cautiously, carefully watching both Joonmyun and Jongdae's faces. Joonmyun nods.

Zitao hums thoughtfully, “Okay, as long as we can establish now that Sehun's mine, and I don't share.”

Sehun's face turns red, and he fights the urge to hit Zitao over the head.

Jongdae chuckles, “That's fine.” He curls his arms around Joonmyun possessively, ignoring the man's protests. “Joonmyun is mine, so we aren't looking to adopt you for that kind of relationship.”

It's Joonmyun's turn to flush, scowling at Jongdae without much force behind it. “Well then, now that that's been established. What do you two think? Are you okay with me adopting you?”

Sehun and Zitao share a brief look, then it's the paler who replies, smile impossibly wide. “We'd love to.”