Snow Day (girl!Kris/girl!Lay)

EXO Drabbles

Title: Snow Day
Pairing: (girls!)Kris/Lay
Rating: PG
Warning: Genderswitch, Fluff
Word Count: 1365
Summary: Meixing wants to play in the snow, Yifei not so much.
Author’s Note: This was written because I really wanted fem!FanXing but couldn’t find it anywhere! ;; Also: Yifei - Kris; Meixing - Yixing.

 

Yifei is not fond of snow.

She doesn’t like the mess it makes, having spent too many winters helping her parents dig out walkways and cars while living in Canada, nor does she like how it looks when covered in sand. It’s difficult to walk on when icy, and soaks through her shoes with ease when slushy. It’s a hazard, and Yifei much prefers it when there isn’t snow on the ground.

Meixing doesn’t feel the same.

If Yifei had it her way, she’d hide away the whole snowy season in the apartment she shares with her girlfriend. Instead she’s currently listening to said girlfriend plead with her.

“Please?” Meixing asks again, head tilted up cutely from where she’s nestled into Yifei’s side. “It would be so much fun!”

Yifei tries not to look at her girlfriend, knowing one glance is all it will take to have her cave. “It’s snow, Mei. There isn’t even that much of it.”

“So? There’s a lot more here in Seoul then there was in China!” Meixing pouts. “Besides, I’ve never lived in Canada, so this is a lot of snow to me and I want play in it.”

“But it’s cold and wet,” Yifei tries protesting, still avidly looking away from her girlfriend. “We don’t have anything appropriate to wear, so our clothes would soak through and we’d freeze before we could have any fun.”

Meixing pulls away, the comfort of her small figure leaving Yifei causing the older to shiver. She looks down at her shorter girlfriend to see her looking around the room thoughtfully.

“I’m sure we can find something,” Meixing says slowly. “We have jackets, hats, and mittens.”

“But no boots or snow pants, which you wouldn’t catch me in unless I was dead.”

Meixing rolls her eyes. “You don’t think our boots would be warm enough?”

Yifei narrows her eyes. “I’m less concerned about the warmth then them keeping our feet dry. You know what it’s like to have wet feet, Mei.”

“Of course I do.” Meixing is back to pouting, leaving Yifei with a sinking feeling of guilt.

“Look, babe, I know you really want to go outside. But unless we think of something for boots and snow pants, we wouldn’t be very happy outside.” Yifei places both hands on Meixing’s shoulders, slowly reeling the girl in until she’s tucked underneath Yifei’s chin. With her arms curled around Meixing’s lower back, Yifei rocks them from side to side. “If you think of an idea, I’ll consider it then, okay?”

“Really?” Meixing’s voice is quiet, sounding putout.

“Yes, really. I promise.” Yifei pulls back enough to place a gentle kiss on Meixing’s forehead. “Until then, why don’t we think of something else to do?”

“Alright.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Come the next morning, Meixing has solved their boots and snow pants problem.

“We have our jogging pants,” she exclaims happily, smiling bright enough that her dimple is showing. “The waterproof ones that we use during the rainy season! As long as we wear warm pants underneath, maybe more than one layer, our legs should stay warm and dry.”

Yifei hadn’t thought about using their jogging pants before, it seemed like it might work.

“And I was looking online, and some people use plastic bags to cover their socks and keep their feet dry. It won’t keep our boots dry, but if we wear older ones that that we don’t care much about, we can place them next to the heater and hope for the best!”

Meixing is looking at her hopefully, and as much as Yifei wants to say no (because she really doesn’t like the snow), she can’t.

“Oh alright, we can go play in the snow,” she caves.

This is how, an hour later, Yifei finds herself in the nearby park surrounded by adults with pets and children. There are a few other couples hanging around, but they aren’t playing in the snow, they’re walking along paths while holding hands. Yifei does her best to ignore the few stares directed their way, no doubt attracted from the odd ensemble of clothes they’re wearing.

“Come on!” Meixing drags Yifei by the hand to a small section of snow that seems to be untouched. “What should we do first?”

“I don’t know, what do you want to do?”

“Hmm,” Meixing hums thoughtfully, bringing her hand up to poke at her lips. Yifei fights the urge to smile at how adorable her girlfriend is. “Snow angels?”

“Sounds perfect for you,” Yifei teases with a smile, immediately backing up when Meixing bends down to pick up a pile of snow.

“I change my mind, the first thing we’re doing is having a snowball fight.” The calm way Meixing says this doesn’t match the glint in her eye, or the way her gaze never leaves Yifei.

An hour and a half later the two of them have concluded their snowball fight, finally made the snow angels, and made a poor attempt at building a snow fort (with too little snow that had been trampled on by too many feet).

By now Yifei has snow in her hair, down her jacket, and even in her pants where she can unfortunately feel how her underwear has soaked up most of the melted liquid. Meixing doesn’t seem to be better off, cheeks a bright rosy red and she wheezes out a chuckle at their sad looking fort.

“This was so much fun!” She exclaims, walking up to Yifei with a bright smile on her face. “Thank you for coming with me.”

“You don’t have to thank me, I had fun. It’s been awhile since I’ve played in the snow, and doing this with you was so worth it.”

Meixing’s nose scrunches up, “Don’t get cheesy on me now, we’re still at the park.”

Yifei smiles fondly, “Does this mean you’re ready to go? We can put on a movie and curl up on the couch to warm up.”

“That sounds good, and I think we still have the ingredients to make hot chocolate. Besides,” Meixing winces, “the bag I used for my left foot has a hole in it.”

“Did your foot get wet, my dear?”

“Don’t make fun at me,” Meixing pouts again. “Besides, I know I’m not the only one whose wet!”

“Meixing! You can’t say that in public!” Yifei pretends to look scandalized, eyebrows shooting up dramatically.

It takes a moment for Meixing to understand what Yifei is referring to, and when she does the red in her cheeks rapidly spreads to the rest of her face and ears.

“Yifei!” She flails, waving her arms in embarrassment. “That’s not what I meant, and you know it!”

Yifei bursts out laughing, tugging Meixing close to her so she can hug the poor mortified girl. “I’m sorry, Mei, you’re just so fun to tease.”

“Yeah? Well you’re mean,” is muffled into her jacket.

“I’ll make it up to you, hop on my back and I’ll give you a piggy back ride home.”

“You’re going to what?” Meixing pulls back with a look of disbelief on her face. “You can’t carry me all the way home, you’d drop me before we’d even get out of the park!”

“You have so little faith in me,” Yifei jokes, jutting out her lower lip.

Meixing doesn’t budge. “I’m still not letting you carry me. We can both walk home together, my foot isn’t so wet that I’m incapable of doing such a simple task.”

“Fine then,” Yifei grins, “can we at least hold hands?”

“Of course we can,” Meixing sighs affectionately with a roll of her eyes. “We always hold hands when we walk together.”

“Mmm hmm. It’s because I love you so much.” Yifei leans in to plant a kiss on Meixing’s nose, enjoying the pleased look that crosses her girlfriend’s face.

“I know, I know. I love you too, you big dork. Now let’s go, there’s a couch and movie calling our names.”

“Not to mention a new change of clothes.”

 

- If you liked this drabble, please leave a comment and let me know! ♥