Forest (Kai/Luhan)

EXO Drabbles

Title: Forest
Pairing: Kai/Luhan
Rating: PG-13
Word Count: 555
Summary: Secretly meeting in the woods for Luhan's birthday seemed like a good idea at the time.
Author's Note: Written with the prompt word Forest.

 

Luhan curses for the third time since entering the woods, having been hit in the face by another tree branch. He rubs at his cheek ruefully, and curses again when he finds blood on his fingers. Wonderful, now he is bleeding on a part of his body not easily hidden. When he gets home, his mother is going to wonder if he got in a fight, after she flips about the fact he skipped school for the day.

Ahead of him is a small clearing he and his boyfriend had stumbled upon weeks ago, when venturing through the woods near their school building. It had been Jongin's brilliant idea to skip classes in order to celebrate Luhan's birthday, which had been the day before, but the blond haired boy had had a test he was unwilling to miss.

Just when Luhan thinks he is in the clear, he stumbles over an unsteady rock, foot twisting slightly before landing on the ground with more force than necessary. He lets out a loud yelp when pain shots up his leg, originating from his ankle, and he quickly leans over to grab a nearby tree. A sudden crunching noise comes from up ahead, freezing Luhan who has just lifted his foot to ease the pain.

“Hyung? Is that you?”

“Jongin?” Luhan calls back, spotting his boyfriend walking out from behind a tree. His tan skinned boyfriend smiles brightly upon seeing him, which quickly morphes into a look of concern at seeing Luhan's posture. Not that Jongin has made it here unscathed, as he has two cuts on his face, both of which seem to have already scabbed over.

“What happened? Is there something wrong with you leg?”

Luhan grunts, trying to hop forward on his one good foot. Luckily Jongin is close enough to help steady him. “I think I twisted my ankle, after slipping on a rock.”

Leaning down, Luhan's boyfriend pulls up the leg of his school uniform, eying his ankle carefully. “It doesn't look that bad, but I can't tell. At least it definitely doesn't look broken.”

Luhan groans.

“I'm sorry, Luhan-hyung. This was a bad idea,” Jongin says, looking very much like a kicked puppy. If there is one thing Luhan can't stand, it's when his boyfriend becomes upset at himself.

“No, it's not your fault. You couldn't have predicted that I would injure myself.”

“But I had the perfect idea too, for your present!” the tan boy whines.

“What, I don't get my present anymore? Because I injured myself?” It's Luhan's turn to whine.

Jongin looks uncertain, cheeks turning pink. “Well, maybe later. I don't think it would be a good idea at the moment. . .”

“Why?” Luhan asks. “What did you get me?”

“You're always saying you want to try something new, so I brought a blanket, and some other necessary supplies. . .” Jongin's face seems to grow even redder, a difficult task with how dark his skin is. But it's the only clue Luhan needs to figure out what the younger is talking about. His boyfriend only got this embarrassed when talking about one topic.

“Birthday ? In the woods?” He asks, feeling excited.

“Yes.” Jongin says, his face behind a hand.

Luhan hums thoughtfully. “Well then, let's go. We can still make it work, injury or no injury.”