Meet the Family (Lay/girl!Tao)

EXO Drabbles

Title: Meet the Family
Pairing: Lay/(girl!)Tao
Rating: G
Word Count: 518
Summary: When Zitao invites her boyfriend over for dinner, she's unprepared for how her overprotective older sisters handle the situation.
Author's Note: There is a Zitao-centric prequel.

 

“Remember, Jiejie, we've only been dating for a couple of weeks, so don't be too hard on Yixing-ge. I don't want you scaring him away!” Zitao pleads, wide eyes staring at her oldest sister.

Luhan had been pulling vegetables out of the fridge, in the process of preparing a salad for dinner when her youngest sister approached. She smiles brightly, replying, “I'm sorry Zitao-ah, but Yifan and I only want to make sure that he has good intentions for you. If not. . .” She trails off, pulling a knife out of the chopping block and placing it with the vegetables. “Well, we'll deal with that when it happens.”

Zitao groans, burying her face in her hands. If her relationship lasted the night, it would be a miracle.

“If it makes you feel better, Yifan and I promised no embarrassing childhood stories until we both decided we liked him,” Luhan continues, smile growing mischievous.

The sudden sound of the doorbell ringing startles Zitao out of her misery, head shooting up in alarm when her other sister's voice shoutes from upstairs, “I've got it!”

“No you don't!” Zitao screams, racing to the door as quickly as her legs can carry her. Which is fast, considering how long they are.

Yifan is paused on the stairs, watching Zitao in amusement as the younger girl reachs the doorway slightly out of breath. Luhan follows from the kitchen, and the two older girls stand behind their youngest sister as she opens the door.

On the other side stands Zitao's boyfriend, Zhang Yixing, who is smiling brightly at her. His dimple is showing, eyes thin crescents, and in his hand is a small bouquet of four roses: one red, one pink, one yellow, and one white. They are beautiful, and Zitao feels herself turning red when Yixing presents them to her. He steps into the house and pulls her into a hug, body warm and smelling faintly of a musky cologne that makes Zitao's breath hitch slightly.

When her boyfriend pulls away, he turns to her sisters, bowing a little in greeting. “Hello, you must be Zitao's older sisters.”

“I'm Luhan, and this is Yifan,” Zitao's oldest sister introduces. “It's nice to finally meet you, Yixing, Zitao talks about you a lot.”

“Only good things, I hope,” Yixing jokes, smile never faltering.

“Of course, I can only hope you don't disappoint her,” Luhan continues, voice taking on a slight edge. It is then, much to Zitao's horror, that she notices Luhan is holding the knife from the kitchen, a piece of lettuce stuck to it's surface.

“Jiejie!” she hisses, appalled.

“Anyway, dinner is almost ready. Why don't you two go wash your hands while I finish preparing the salad. Yifan can take care of the flowers.” Luhan's voice leaves no room for arguments, then she turns around to retreat back to the kitchen.

As Zitao guides Yixing to the bathroom, she tries not to think about how long dinner will feel. She can only hope that her sisters truly don't scare Yixing away, but that really might be asking for a miracle.