The Talk

With Time

 

Gwiboon was so excited when they move into their very own home soon after the wedding.  It was small but it was all her family could afford.  Jinki smiled without a hint of disappointment at the sight of their quaint little house and it made her warm to her core.  

Theirs.  

That had a nice ring to it.  

She knew the house wasn't much by anyone's standards, but it was theirs.  It was the house they would soon make a home.  It was where they would raise children someday.  It wasn't much to look at, but it was all theirs and Gwiboon loved it.

Their new home was also nearby to her parent’s; which put her mind at ease.  She liked knowing that her mother would only ever be a few steps away.  Even as she started her life as a married woman, there was comfort in the familiarity.  A safety net of sorts.
  
Jinki and her father worked tirelessly moving in their few pieces of furniture, most of which had been wedding gifts, while Gwiboon and her mother set up the kitchen.  She could hear the soft sounds of wooden legs scraping against the floor, and the occasional bang as if something had been shifted too suddenly.  

It sounded like new beginnings.

“He was gentle with you?” Her mother asked once the walls separated them from the men, her tone laden with worry.

“Yes, mama,” Gwiboon answered with a soft smile.  It was embarrassing to talk of such things, especially with her own mother, but she knew it would give the woman a sense of peace.  Gwiboon had been so absorbed in her own worries and fears, she hadn’t noticed how burdened her mother had been as well.  “He has been very kind and gentle.  He was not forceful.  He said that—he said that he didn’t want his wife to fear him.”

Her mother smiled, the tension melting from her shoulders, “I am glad to hear that.”

“Thank you, mama,” Gwiboon whispered her words heavy with things unsaid. 

 


that last line is so important to me

but that's probably just cuz i've spent waaaay too much time think about this au

anyway

next part is a little bit longer

and involves jinki so like... yay