The Arrangement

With Time

 

The first meeting was long. Long and uncomfortable. Gwiboon felt as if she were on an auction block, being assessed for purchase.  In a way, she was.  

Gwiboon was nervous and shy by nature, so she could do little more than stare at her own feet.  She made sure to keep her gaze low when she answer any questions that were directed at her.  Few were.  

 

The mothers exchanged pleasantries and wistful words of grandchildren while the fathers stood off in the corner, too far away to be heard.  

 

Gwiboon’s fingers trembled around her tea cup, sitting straight and tall.

 

She wanted this, she was ready for this.  Her parents, her friends, her age assured her, but sometimes she still questioned if she was actually ready for such a big step.  

 

Her mother squeezed her hand gently with a happy smile, it only made Gwiboon more anxious for what was to come.  

 

~~

 

When her parents told her the news, the Lee family had accepted, she was thrilled.  Scared; nervous, but thrilled.  

 

The date was set, dowry agreed upon.  All she had to do was wait.  

 

Aside from her father’s words, she knew nothing of the man she was now betrothed to.  She was to marry a man she had never met, never seen.  

 

Gwiboon was terrified.  

 

However, she trusted her parent’s judgement.  They would be a good match because her parents wouldn’t have chosen him otherwise.  He would treat her well.  She wanted to believe so she hoped with all her heart.  

 

Perhaps with time, love could grow between them.

 

 


oh yeah, all the parts are going to be really short 

forgot to mention that

sorry

not really

there are a few parts and they are all quite short so i should be able to update quickly ^^