Nine: Just like the stars

My Professor, Do Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like the stars:

 

Spoiler: there will be a short Kyungsoo's POV for the first time. Enjoy! :>

 

"This will be our last night here" Chanyeol said with an obvious sad tone. Tonight will be our last night to this resort before we go back to Seoul and some of us, including me, are still not yet ready to leave this paradise. Suho chuckled patting the giant's head saying "We can come back anytime here, just set the date." I averted my gaze from the bonfire to the couple, well they are still not yet official though, who are walking at the seashore. I watched them laugh and smile, they seemed so happy and I'm having a second thought if I still want him. What if he really likes the girl? What if they really love each other? Am I going to destroy his happiness just for my sake? I looked down and then stare at my feet. Am I sure on what I am doing? Do I really have to insist myself to the boy who already likes or probably loves someone else? Can I win this battle? I know this is no time to think about that kind of stuff and just enjoy my last day here but I can't stop myself. Every time I left with nothing to do, my mind keeps on flying, thinking about him. That sounds stupid and yes I am. I am stupid for liking a man that probably can't see me as a woman… that has feeling for him. He's too focused on her. I look like an antagonist trying to part away the two loving protagonist just because I was jealous, that small reason. It's hard to admit but every time I see them together my heart clenched, my heart aches. I always got drunk on jealousy. "Look! Even Hyemin is sad about leaving this place!" I heard Chanyeol says. I looked up and then nod. "This is such a pretty place." I commented before smiling, small smile probably. "But come on guys, we still have works to do. These kids…" said Suho as he snakes his arms around my shoulder and Kai's. "…can stay 'cause they're on a vacation while we're not" he continued. Chanyeol groaned and then turns around so that his back is facing us. "You two!" he shouted and the two turn to him. "Have you guys packed your things already? We're leaving tomorrow morning!" I see Kyungsoo made an okay sign after he talks to the girl beside him. I looked away and then stare at the fire in the middle of us.

 

I saw Kyungsoo alone in the shore so I decided to sit beside him, taking the chance of talking to him alone. He looks up as he felt someone standing behind him. "Can I sit?" I asked for his permission. I still know how to respect someone's privacy. If he wants to be alone then I can just leave him alone. "It's not like I owned this place" he says. "Is it a yes or no?" I asked still looking at his back frame. "Go on, do whatever you please." I nodded and then chuckles. "You don't say. I might do something inappropriate" say me as I tried to joke around. "Where is she?" just then I heard his phone rings. He took his phone out from his pocket. "Hello?... where are you?... okay, I'll see you in a minute." He says before ending the call. He stood up and then started walking when I called him out. "Kyungsoo-ah~" I called out as I looked up the sky that is full of stars. I guess he stops when I haven't heard footsteps after that. "Aren't those stars beautiful?" I asked still not looking at him; I just stared at the stars up there shining so beautifully. "They are. What about it?" I heard him say. I smiled knowing that he really was there. "They are just like you…" I started. "What do you mean?" I paused for a while before continuing. I don’t know what push me to confess this feeling of mine but I seemed so emotional after meeting him here. "They are beautiful, shining brightly next to my eyes…" I paused as I smiled. "They seemed so close but actually they were far away…" and then I bit my bottom lip. "So far that I couldn't reach them…" and then I remained silent. "What exactly are you trying to say?" I stand up and then turn around to face him. "Are you really like those stars? Can't I really touch your heart? Can't I really reach you?" He didn't answer me. He doesn't want to answer me. My heart aches seeing him like that. "You're just tired, Hyemin. Just go to your room and sleep" and then he left, leaving me standing here. I smiled bitterly. Maybe I should just give up. He didn't give sympathy to me. He looks like he doesn't care at all. I am just a girl who once becomes his student.

 

"Are you sure you sleep?" Kai asked as I hop inside the van. "I did." I answered shortly as I settled myself between him and Sehun, just like before. "You look like a panda" he commented as he closes the door. "Then I am cute and adorable." I snickered. The driver starts the engine and then here we go, coming back to Seoul. "You can use this as always." Sehun said smirking while patting his shoulder. I shook my head and then put an earphone to my ear so that I can enjoy this long ride back to Seoul. "Lend me one" said Sehun after snatching the earphone on my left ear. I rolled my eyes before snatching it back only to give him the one that is for th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter