Chapter 51

Say Yes

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon ran as fast as she could to catch up with Jessica. She finally got a hold of Jessica’s arms just when they were about to cross the intersection.

“Let go of me!” Jessica screamed at Taeyeon.

“No. Where are you planning to go anyway?”

“I don’t know! Away from Sooyoung. Away from her Hara and away from all of you.” Her tears are now flowing. She twisted her arm so Taeyeon would have no choice but to let go of her. Just then, Jessica rode a taxi and Taeyeon failed when she tried to stop her.

“Jessica!” Taeyeon called her but the taxi drove off.

 

*

 

Sooyoung pulled away when she realized what Hara was doing.

“Hara!” Sooyoung backed off. “We talked about this. I thought we already had an understanding.”

“But Sooyoung...”

“What? I’m trying to be a good friend by telling you what I really feel. What more do you want from me?!” Sooyoung raised her voice to Hara.

“Exactly, Soo. I want more from you. Sooyoung, love me and I will never hurt you.”

“Hara…” Sooyoung tried to calm herself down seeing her hurt friend.

“Sooyoung, I’ll love you more than she could love you.”

“Hara, if there’s anything I’ve learned from my break up with Jessica, it’s that our break up is the mistake itself. I know I hurt a lot but I was devastated because it was Jessica who did that to me. I would rather have my heart broken a thousand times by her than to not feel at all.”

At that moment, Hara forced out a smile. “Pity me. I was not born Jessica Jung.”

Sooyoung smiled at her as she caressed Hara’s cheeks. “Sorry, Hara. You’ll find the right one for you.” She scanned the house, admiring the decorations and the dinner table Hara prepared.

“So this is the trouble you’re in. You need help with what, eating the food?” Sooyoung chuckled.

Hara giggled. “At least eat the dinner I prepared for you.”

“It’s my honor to eat your dishes.” Sooyoung said. She checked her phone for her messages. She did not hear it ringing earlier because she was in a hurry to get to Hara. She was surprised to see nine missed calls from Tiffany. Then, her phone rang again. This time, she was fast to answer it.

“What’s the matter, Fany?”

“Sooyoung, where are you?!” Tiffany’s voice sounded so worried.

“I’m at Hara’s.”

“You were supposed to meet Jessica, remember?”

“Oh, .” Sooyoung hung up and quickly stood up from her chair.

“Sooyoung, what happened?”

“Hara, I promise I’ll make it up to you. But right now, I have to go to Jessica.” Sooyoung ran to door and drive as fast as she can to go to Jessica, still unaware of the party that was supposed to be for her.

 

**

 

The guests are starting to leave as Tiffany and the rest keeps apologizing for what happened. They still encouraged everyone to eat the prepared dishes before they go. Hyomin’s mom and Siwon left early.

“Siwon is acting like a child and insisted on coming home. Too bad, I wanted to eat here.” Hyomin’s mom told Hyomin.

Hyomin giggled. “It’s okay, mom. See you at the office.”

Sunny bowed to Hyomin’s mom. “Sunny, I know my daughter is a little crazy but please endure her. Sunny hwaiting!”

Sunny giggled at what Hyomin’s mom said. She put her arms around Hyomin’s waist. “I will do that, ma’am.”

Meanwhile, Tiffany’s mom is also talking to her daughter. “I still can’t believe you married that shorty.”

Taeyeon cleared and waved her hand to Mrs. Hwang. “I’m here.” She smiled awkwardly.

“Look at her. She’s like a child!” Mrs. Hwang complained to Tiffany.

Tiffany just laughed at her mom. “Isn’t she the cutest, mom?”

Tiffany’s mom couldn’t hold her annoyance and stomped her way out the hall.

 

***

 

Sooyoung just parked her car and was running towards the entrance of the hotel, trying to call Jessica but she’s not answering her phone. The guard recognized her as the girl from the picture Jessica gave him so that he could guide Sooyoung to the hall when she arrives.

“Ms. Sooyoung?” The guard wasn’t so sure.

“Huh? Me?”

“Yes, ma’am. Ms. Jessica asked me to tell you to go to the hall. Here, ma’am.”

He guided Sooyoung towards the hall. She entered the hall and was surprised to see familiar faces. Then, someone caught her offguard and hugged her.

“Sooyoung!”

She was shocked to see her father. “Dad?!”

Then, Mr. Jung also came into view. Sooyoung’s eyes even widened. Then she took her time to scan her surroundings, seeing all her friends. She turned to her dad. “What’s happening?”

“Pabo, Sooyoung.”

She turned around and saw Sunny. “Sunny? I don’t understand.”

Now, everyone’s gathered around Sooyoung.

Sunny started counting. “1, 2, 3.”

“Happy birthday, Sooyoung!” Everyone shouted.

“Where’s Jessica?” Sooyoung asked when she could not see her favorite person around her.

“That’s why I called you pabo. She prepared for all of this and you’ll ditch her for another girl?!” Sunny said.

Sooyoung shook her head. “I was..I thought…I didn’t know…”

“So, what are you still doing here? Find her!” Tiffany gave some sense to Sooyoung.

“Oh, yeah.” Sooyoung said, suddenly having a grip of what’s happening. “Thank you, everyone but I still have to find my princess.” She ran out and she just realized that she doesn’t know where Jessica is.

 

****

 

From: Baby

                        SICA, WHERE ARE YOU? I WANNA SEE YOU.

 

Jessica just read Sooyoung’s text. Sooyoung settled to a text as Jessica has not been answering her phone. Jessica just got off from the bus. She didn’t know where else to go so she ended up riding a bus back to the ranch.

It was already past midnight when she arrived at the ranch. No one’s home except for the maids who are already asleep. Luckily, she still remembers where her dad hides the spare key. She immediately crawled back to bed and cried herself out until she fell asleep.

 

*****

 

Sooyoung called everyone she could call to look for Jessica but still nothing. She looked for Jessica at every corner of Seoul and still nothing.

“Jessica!” She shouted. Then, she sat on the ground to catch her breath. It was officially her birthday but so far, this is the worst birthday she ever experienced. Her body is already exhausted but she couldn’t just go home like nothing happened. Jessica is out there, probably crying. Sooyoung can’t bear the thought.

Then, her phone rang. She hoped it was Jessica but it’s Tiffany. “Fany?”

“Sooyoung! She’s at the ranch!” Tiffany did not any second to tell Sooyoung the information.

“How did you know?”Sooyoung is now standing up again, preparing to go back to her car.

“The maids called Uncle to inform him.”

“Okay, I’m going there now.”

“Soo, it’s already 2 am. Maybe you could just rest first and drive there in the morning.”

“I’ll go there now. I won’t be able to sleep anyway.” Sooyoung started driving her car.

******

 

As Jessica opened her eyes, she realized that she’s in her room. She frowned when she remembered what happened last night. She checked her phone just to see missed calls from her dad, her friends but mostly from Sooyoung. Her hand went straight to her chest, still feeling the pain. She wiped her tears because it could fall. Suddenly, the door burst opened.

“Unnie!” Krystal and Sulli greeted her with smiling faces.

“Yah! Why are you here?”

“Let’s play.” Krystal said.

Jessica was about to say no but Krystal and Sulli are already pulling her out of the room. “Hey, you two! Leave me alone. Just play with each other.”

But it’s too late. Jessica is now on the front lawn but she couldn’t see the two kids anymore. “Krsytal! Sulli! I’m not playing games with you! Unnie’s going back to sleep.”

Just then, she saw Krystal and Sulli. “Hey…” She saw another figure behind them. It’s Sooyoung.

Jessica closed her eyes and opened it again, making sure she’s really seeing Sooyoung. “Are you real?”

Sooyoung laughed. “I think so.” Sooyoung is trying to hide her exhaustion. The two kids ran away from them. Jessica is about fifteen feet from her. She started her way to Jessica. “Why are you so hard to get?”

“What are you doing here?” Jessica’s frozen on her place, watching the beautiful girl approach her slowly.

“To get you.” Sooyoung answered.

“Where’s Hara?” Jessica’s not planning to hide her jealousy.

Sooyoung pouted. “I came here all the way from Seoul and I’ll find out that it’s Hara you want to see.” Sooyoung is just teasing again.

“I didn’t tell you to come here.”

“Who told you I’m here for you?” Sooyoung asked playfully. She’s close to Jessica now. She stopped to stare at Jessica.

Jessica then turned her back from Sooyoung. “Just go. I don’t need you. Just go back to your Hara.”

“But how am I supposed to celebrate my birthday without you?”

“You already did, remember? Last night, you celebrated it with Hara.” Jessica was about to walk away but Sooyoung gripped her hands.

“Let go of me!” Jessica tried to escape from Sooyoung but Sooyoung tightened her grip on Jessica.

Sooyoung let go immediately. Jessica didn’t know what to do. She told Sooyoung to let go but the truth is she doesn’t want Sooyoung to let go of her…ever.

“You can walk away now.” Sooyoung knows Jessica too well.

“Why did you let go of me?!” Jessica asked loudly.

Sooyoung laughed. “Jessica, say what you really want to say because I will give you what you want.”

Jessica was deep in her thoughts. “I want you.” Jessica said softly, looking down because of too much embarrassment.

Jessica is ready for anything. She’s even expecting Sooyoung to laugh at her or but she did not here what she expected. “I want you too.”

She looked up to find a smiling Sooyoung. “What about Hara?”

“Oh, she doesn’t want you.” Sooyoung grinned.

 Jessica hit her lightly. “Sooyoung!”

Sooyoung laughed. She slowly slipped her hands around Jessica and hugged her. Jessica blushed at the sudden skinship.

“I’m just kidding. Hara is just a friend. She’ll never replace you in my heart. No one will ever replace you, baby.” Sooyoung whispered to Jessica’s ears, still hugging her.

Slowly, a smile formed on Jessica’s face and she wrapped her arms around Sooyoung. “I love you, Sooyoung. Be my girlfriend.”

Sooyoung pulled off from the hug and leaned forward to catch Jessica’s lips. Tears fell from Sooyoung’s eyes as they kissed each other. They missed each other’s lips so much.

“Baby, I love you too. I’ll be your forever.” A smiled curved on Sooyoung’s face as she leaned for another kiss.

 


 

 

Sweet!! SooSic <3 <3 <3

Hope I didn't disappoint you.

Comments?

I loved you comments about the last chapter btw. such passionate words. :))