Chapter 17

Say Yes

 

 

 

Sunny saw Jessica by the front porch. She decided to approach her seeing her alone.

She heard Jessica is humming a song.

“Now humming a song, huh.”

Jessica smiled after noticing Sunny beside her.

“I’m surprised Hyomin is not by your side today.”

“Present!” A voice came from the inside.

Sunny giggled.

“Hey, what’s that smile? What did you do this time?”

Sunny laughs again. “I’m giving her a choice. If she wants to speak to me, she must be someplace where I can’t see her at all. If she wants to see me, she can’t speak at all.” Sunny laughs again.

“You’re mean. Can’t you see that she likes you?”

Sunny thought Jessica is joking. “Hahaha…That’s funny, Jessi. We hate each other so much.”

“You’re the funny one. You keep teasing me with Sooyoung but you can’t even tell if a person likes you or not.”

“Jessi, what are you talking about? I’m being serious here.”

“So am I.”

“Yeah, right.”

 

*

 

That time, Jessica is just waiting for Sooyoung and Tiffany to finish talking. Sooyoung asked Tiffany if she wants to walk around together to talk and Tiffany agreed.

Tiffany and Sooyoung is walking for ten minutes already but the silence between them has not been broken.

“So…” Tiffany started. “You want to talk about something?”

“Oh, yeah. About that.” Sooyoung is really nervous right now. She knows she’ll break Tiffany’s heart by doing this but she has to or else she’ll just make things more complicated.

“I just want to clear things with you. Fany-yah…I like Jessica.”

Tiffany’s hoping that she heard it wrong. “What?”

“Jessica and I, we’re together.”

Tiffany didn’t know how to react. Inside, her heart has been shattered to pieces. She wants to cry. She wants to hate Sooyoung but she knows she can’t do that.

A smile was forced into her lips. “You’re happy, right?”

Sooyoung nodded. She’s trying to read Tiffany’s expression and what she see is a sad Tiffany behind those smiling eyes.

“I’m sorry, Fany. But maybe if I could just turn back time, I would have fought for us.”

Tiffany put a finger on Sooyoung’s lips. “Shhh, don’t say that. Don’t ever blame yourself for what happened between us. If there’s anyone to blame, that’s me.”

“I won’t blame myself if you won’t blame yourself as well.”

Tiffany smiled. “Deal.”

Then, there’s silence between them again and they started walking back to the house.

“So what do you like about my beautiful cousin?”

Sooyoung smiled. “Everything.”

“Her coldness?”

“I believe I can melt her.”

They both laughed.

“Her violence?”

“I just see it as her way of expressing love.” Sooyoung giggled.

“Her cooking?”

“That means she excels in some other things.”

“Her dolphin screams?”

“That’s her talent.”

“You have to give everything she wants.”

“That’s what I’m planning.”

Tiffany looked at the grinning Sooyoung. It still hurts but she can see that Sooyoung really cares for her cousin.

“I think you love her already.” Tiffany said.

“I don’t know. Maybe that’s true. I’m just afraid that she’ll leave me. I can’t let my guard down.”

Now, they are nearing the house. And Jessica is waiting for them in the front porch.

Tiffany ran and hugged her cousin. Jessica smiled and hugged her back.

“I love you, Fany.”

“Love you too, Jessi.” Tiffany answered. “Make her happy.”

“I will.” Jessica whispered.

Sooyoung is watching the two and she feels great that she’s finally settled things with Tiffany.

 

**

 

Hyomin couldn’t take it any longer because Sunny is too dense to notice her feelings for her. She bullied her during high school to get her attention. But that didn’t do her any good. Now, she’s being kind and obedient slave to Sunny but Sunny keeps ignoring her. The only way left is to tell Sunny about her feelings.

“Sunny…”

Sunny jumped as she suddenly heard Hyomin’s voice.

“You scared me, Hyomin. And why are you here? I thought you chose to not see me for me to allow you to speak to me.”

Hyomin is planning to confess but she forgot all her words because Sunny is staring at her right now. She doesn’t even know what Sunny is talking about. She’s just staring back at Sunny, smiling.

“Hey, why are you smiling?!” Sunny asked.

Hyomin suddenly went to Sunny and kissed her on the lips. Sunny didn’t respond to the kiss. She is too surprised at what is happening. Her eyes widened and she’s just staring at nothing in particular in front of her. Hyomin broke off the kiss.

“Sorry.” Hyomin stepped back. She’s blushing madly right now and she’s too afraid about how will Sunny react.

“Why?” That’s the only word that came out to Sunny’s mouth who is still shocked right now. That’s her first kiss and she shared it with the person she hates the most. But she’s confused because she felt something when they kissed. She liked it when Hyomin kissed her.

“I love you.”

Sunny just received her first confession and she just doesn’t know how to respond to these things. “Are you serious?”

Hyomin slowly nodded.

“Okay.”

The atmosphere is really awkward. Sunny just decided to change to subject. She yaws. “I’m sleepy. I want to sleep now.”

“What?” Hyomin is not sure if she heard it right.

Sunny stretched her arms and yawned again. “I’m going to sleep now.”

“But it’s only 7 pm.”

“So now I can’t sleep at 7pm?” Sunny just wants to escape this scene.

“You can but…”

Sunny interrupted her. “Good night, slave.”

Sunny walked fastly to her room and there she looks blankly to nothing.

 

***

 

Later that night, Sooyoung leads Jessica back to her room. After she talked with Tiffany, they spent the rest of the day together. She loves getting to know Jessica more. But her princess is needs her sleep again so they have to end their day now.

“Goodnight, princess.” Sooyoung is still holding both of Jessica’s hands.

“Goodnight, Sooyoungie.” Jessica smiled.

They still haven’t let go of each other’s hands. Then, Sooyoung pulled her into a hug.

“Don’t leave me, Sica. Okay?”

“I won’t.” Jessica assured her as she hugs her back.

“Let go now. You need to rest.” Sooyoung said but still her arms are wrapped around Jessica.

“You let go.” Jessica giggled. “Maybe I’ll just sleep like this.”

“Can you?” Sooyoung asked seriously.

“Of course not.” Jessica pulled off from the hug. “Dream of me, Sooyoungie.” She kissed Sooyoung’s cheek. “See you tomorrow.”

“I’ll miss you.” Sooyoung pouted.

“Me too.” Jessica entered her room and went to sleep with a wide smile on her face.

 

****

 Mr. Jung found Tiffany in front of the house.

“Getting some fresh air?”

Tiffany turned around and saw her uncle. She smiled and nodded her head.

“How’s your stay here?”

“Heartbreaking.” That came out of Tiffany’s mouth unexpectedly.

“Why? What happened?”

Tiffany smiled. “It turns out your daughter owns Sooyoung’s heart now.”

Mr. Jung was too surprised. “WHAT?!”

Tiffany laughed. “Is it too surprising? Well, it’s really not. Jessica is a wonderful person.”

“Sooyoung and my baby?!” Still, he couldn’t believe what he has just heard.

“Uh-huh. Too late for me.” Then her tears started falling.

Mr. Jung hugged Tiffany knowing that she’s hurting badly. “It’s okay. You’;; find the right one for you.”

Tiffany just continued sobbing in Mr. Jung’s arms.

 

*****

 

From afar, someone is watching them inside a car.

“So that’s his daughter. Be careful, Jung. I’m gonna take what should have been mine.”

 

 



 

 

Here's an update.

Sorry if I there are errors. I didn't read it again to check.

Oh, and tell me if this fic is starting to bore you.

I think i'm becoming a lousy author.

I don't think i'm writing well, nowadays.