Chapter 32

Say Yes

 

 

 

Later that night, Sooyoung and Jessica are both lying in their side, staring at each other. Sooyoung intertwined their fingers and she just stared at it.

“Can’t you just go with me to the States?” Jessica blurted out. She has been thinking about this for a while now. It’s the best solution to their problem.

“I can’t.” Sooyoung mumbled, still playing with Jessica’s hands.

“Why, don’t you want to be with me?”

“It’s too far from home. And I’m not the type who likes to live in a foreign country.”

“But if it’s the only way to be with me…”

Sooyoung just kept quiet. She’s not really open to the idea.

“Okay, I don’t want to force you.  I’m just afraid about our relationship.”

“We’ll try our best to make it work.” Sooyoung pulled Jessica closer to her and kissed her forehead.

 

*

 

“Siwon’s here.” Hyomin told Tiffany.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon to see her reaction.

“Your ex-fiance’?”

Tiffany nodded. “What does he want?”

“He wants me to go back to Seoul with him. But I don’t want to.”

“He can’t force you to do that.”

“You know him, he’ll get what he wants. Maybe including you.”

“Badass he is.”

“I don’t know what to do anymore.” Hyomin puts her hands on her head.

“What did Sunny say about this?”

“She’ll in her ‘I’ll protect you’ mode. But hello? Look at Siwon’s body compared to Sunny’s.”

Then Hyomin’s phone rang.

“Speaking of the devil…”

“Let me answer that.” Tiffany took the phone call.

“Siwon, it’me.” Then Siwon’s voice can be heard at the other side of the line.

“Get your out of our lives!” Then, Tiffany hangs up. Taeyeon approached her to calm her down.

Hyomin suddenly spoke. “Siwon’s never gonna give up.”

“What are you going to do?”

“I have to talk to him personally.”

“What if her hurts you?” Tiffany is worried for Hyomin.

“He may be bad-tempered and controlling, but you know he doesn’t hurt people.”

“Okay, but shouldn’t we tell Sunny?”

“She’ll just insist to go with me. Just cover up for me.” Then Hyomin hugged Tiffany and walked away.

 

**

 

Jessica received a call from her mom. Sooyoung is just watching her.

“Hey, mom. I miss you.”

On the other side of the line..

“I miss you too, honey. When are you coming back?”

“I haven’t booked my flight yet, mom. But don’t worry, I’ll be there before classes starts.”

Sooyoung’s face showed sadness now. Jessica caresses her cheeks to make her feel okay.

“Jessi, don’t be mad at me.”

“Why mom?”

“Taecyeon has been bugging me for a couple of weeks. He said he’ll have his vacation in Seoul and he wanted to know where you are.”

“And you told him?! Mom!”

Sooyoung’s face questioned Jessica’s response. Sooyoung holds Jessica’s hand to support her.

“Well, he looks really desperate and I can see that he cares for you.”

“Mom, I don’t care about his damn feelings. I have a girlfriend.”

Jessica hangs up the phone.

Sooyoung immediately asked what it is. “What’s the problem?”

“Taecyeon.”

“Your crush?” Sooyoung asked Jessica.

Jessica nodded. “He might be coming here soon.”

“Here? As in Korea?”

“Here, as in the ranch.”

“WHAT THE--?!”

 

***

Hyomin texted Siwon to meet up at a cafe’. He found Siwon waiting for her by the corner.

“I’ll be straight to the point.”

“Wait, wait, wait. Sit first. Drink your coffee, before it gets cold.”

Hyomin sat and took a sip of her coffee. “Just leave me alone here. I’ll go back to Seoul when I want to.”

“Can’t do that. Mom’s been looking for you. Just wait until she hears you have a girlfriend.”

“Then don’t tell her.”

“Is she from a rich family?”

“Oppa!” Hyomin is trying hard to control his anger.

Siwon laughs. “Sorry. So, how is it like kissing a girl?”

“Oppa!”

“Have you had..you know, ?”

“Oppa!”

Siwon stood up from his seat. “I’m giving you a couple of days and you’re coming back to Seoul with me.” Siwon left.

“Oppa!” Hyomin called him. Then she realized that she said she’ll be straight to the point, but the only word she was able to say was ‘oppa!’

 

****

 

“What does he want from you?” Sooyoung asked Jessica.

“I don’t know.”

“He likes you. There’s no doubt about it.” Sooyoung concluded.

“So what if he likes me? Even if he’s as handsome as Brad Pitt, I’ll still choose you.”

“Brad Pitt? If it’s Brad Pitt, I’ll totally go to him.” Sooyoung said, spazzing upon hearing her crush’s name.

Jessica hit her in the arm.

“Why? You’re getting used of hitting me all the time.”

“You’re going to ditch me for Brad Pitt?”

Sooyoung thought about it for a while. “But Sica, you’re different from Brad Pitt. I don’t have to choose.”

“What a safe answer.”

“Can I ask you a favor?”

Jessica looked up at Sooyoung. “Yes?”

“Don’t hit me, at least not in public. I don’t want people to think that you’re the dominant one.”

“Am I not the one?” Jessica landed her hand on her waist.

Sooyoung smiled. “Of course, you are.”

Jessica chuckled. “You didn’t even oppose.” Jessica kissed Sooyoung.

“Why would I? When I know I’ll get a kiss from you after?” Sooyoung giggled.

 

*****

 

Tiffany is pacing back and forth in the living room. Taeyeon is just watching her.

“Babe, you have a really nice .”

Tiffany turned to look at Taeyeon who is staring at her . She gets a pillow and throws it on Taeyeon. “ert!”

“Huh? Did you just call me?” Taeyeon laughed. Then Tiffany started pacing back and forth again.

“Babe, aren’t you tired from walking? You’re probably in Seoul now if you walked outside.”

Tiffany is serious right now. “I’m worrying about Hyomin.”

“Babe, Hyomin said it herself, Siwon won’t hurt her.”

“We don’t know about that. Siwon is dangerous.”

Sunny just entered the room. She has been busy for the past couple of hours and she hasn’t seen Hyomin ever since.

“Siwon? What about him?”

Tiffany didn’t know what to say. She caught Taeyeon’s eyes and urged her to say something.

Taeyeon just shook her head.

“Are you hiding something from me? Where is Hyomin, by the way?”

Taeyeon sighed then decided to tell Sunny the truth. “She met up with Siwon to talk to him.”

“WHAT?!”

Tiffany approached Sunny. “Relax.”

Taeyeon chuckled at Tiffany’s statement. “Look who’s talking. You’ve been relaxed for the past couple of hours.” Taeyeon laughed.

“Fany, do you know where they are?”

“No, Hyomin didn’t want you to follow her.”

Sunny panicked. “I’ll just get the car key and I’ll look for her.”

Before Sunny could leave the room, Hyomin appeared.

“Miss me everyone?” Hyomin grinned.

Sunny rushed to her and hugged her.

“Are you okay?” Sunny began examining Hyomin’s body.

Hyomin laughed. “I’m perfectly fine.”

“Did you convince him to leave.”

“Maybe not.” Hyomin smiled.

“Why, what did you say to him?”

“Oppa!” Hyomin did it exactly like earlier.

All of them laugh except for Sunny.

“Next time, tell me first so that I know where to find you.”

“Yes, master.” Hyomin smiled at Sunny.

Tiffany is still laughing. “You know what? I really admire your courage earlier and you looked like you won’t go down without a fight. But you ended up saying just one word.”

 

 

******

 

Taecyeon stopped his car to asked a guy by the sidewalk.

“Excuse me, do you where the Jung’s ranch is?” 

 

 



 

 

 

Sorry for the late update.

Vacation is over and I barely have time to sleep.

Hope you liked this update. :))