Chapter 10

Say Yes

 

Tiffany lets go of Jessica. “I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too, Fany.” She looked back at where Sooyoung is. But she’s already gone. She looked around but she can’t find her. Sunny went to them.

“Yey, we’re together again. Group hug!” They turn around and around as they hug each other. Then they stopped when they got dizzy. They were giggling like little girls again.

“I miss this.” Sunny said.

Tiffany is smiling but it disappeared when she saw Sooyoung is not there anymore. “She really hates me.”

“She doesn’t hate you.” Sunny patted her friend’s back. “She misses you.”

Jessica kept quiet, wondering where Sooyoung might be right now.

Then, Hyomin cleared from the living room. She has watched the scene before her eyes and she’s starting to feel out-of-place. “I’m still here.”

They all turn around and look at Hyomin.

“Who cares?” Sunny blurted out.

Tiffany laughs. Jessica saw the girl for the first time. “Hyomin?”

“Hi.” Hyomin waves.

Jessica remembered Hyomin as the girl who Sunny hates so much. She can’t blame Sunny since Hyomin bullied her all throughout her high school life. For that, she hated the girl as well.

“You look good, Hyomin.” Jessica said without smiling.

“Thanks, Jessica. So do you.”

 Jessica faked a smile. Tiffany suddenly spoke. “She came home with me. She’s my roommate in Seoul.”

Jessica and Sunny were surprised. Jessica showed her back to Hyomin so she won’t see her face. “She’s your friend?!” She mouthed to Tiffany.

Tiffany laughed and nodded. Actually, she’s not really bestfriends with Hyomin. But when she decided to live separately from her mom, it was Hyomin who offered her home. She found out that she’s really nice once you get to know her. But she knows that it doesn’t justify her actions towards Sunny.

 

*

 

Sooyoung did not return for dinner. Mr. Jung ate with them and he’s really thrilled to have Tiffany back in the ranch.

“Finally, the ranch is complete now. Jessica came back and now you’re back as well.”

“Oh, thank you, Uncle. I’m so happy to be back. I missed you.” Tiffany is her usual sweet self. Ever since they were young, Tiffany is the sweet one. She compliments others. She’s polite and she befriends everyone.

Jessica eats beside Tiffany quietly.

Tiffany continues talking. “I hope you don’t mind that I brought Hyomin along. She misses this place too.”

“I don’t mind at all. Your friends are all welcome here.”

Sunny scoffed at Mr, Jung’s words. She whispered, “She’s Fany’s friend only.”

Hyomin glanced at her and when Sunny looked at her, she saw hurt in Hyomin’s eyes. If she caused it, she feels bad about it because Hyomin hasn’t done something bad to her ever since she arrived and yet, she’s being the bully now.

Back to Fany and Mr. Jung’s conversation, Tiffany is telling him why she likes the ranch more than she loves the city. Mr. Jung is laughing at her stories.

“Did you come back because you miss the ranch or you miss a particular person?”

They all understood what he meant with her question.

“I miss everyone here and especially when I heard that Jessica’s back, it’s the perfect time to reunite.”

Tiffany successfully avoided the question. But Mr. Jung didn’t stop there. “Where’s Sooyoung, by the way?”

Jessica finally spoke. “She’s been gone for hours now.” She sounded really concerned.

“Maybe she’s preparing for our surprise birthday for Sulli tomorrow.” Sunny was trying to reassure Jessica that Sooyoung’s okay.

Tiffany’s face lit up. “Sulli? It’s her birthday? I miss that girl so much.”

“Sooyoung has been planning Sulli’s birthday since last week. Maybe she is busy arranging things until now. Have you seen her, Tiffany?”

Tiffany nodded. “But I haven’t talked to her though. I’m scared. Maybe she’ll say she hates me now.”

“No, she doesn’t. She misses you every day since you left.”

Jessica is beginning to feel uncomfortable at where the conversation’s going.

“I want her back, Uncle.” It felt like Tiffany dropped a bomb.

Mr. Jung almost spit the water he’s drinking. Sunny turned to look at Jessica immediately. Jessica stopped cutting her steak and froze for a few seconds before she was able to move again. Hyomin, on the other hand, continued eating with her eyes moving from one person to another, watching carefully.

“You’re engaged.” Mr. Jung broke the silence.

“Not anymore. I don’t love him, Uncle. My mom lied to me and forced me to date Siwon. But I only love Sooyoung. My love for her has never changed.” She’s already teary-eyed when she said this.

“If that’s the case, I only hope for the best for you two.”

Jessica hated her dad for saying this. This dinner is the worst dinner ever. She keeps thinking about Sooyoung, worrying about her. At the same time, hearing all these words from Tiffany doesn’t make her feel any better. Even her father supports Fany on getting Sooyoung back. She can’t blame her dad since he doesn’t know about her feelings with Sooyoung.

But what is my feelings for Sooyoung exactly?Jessica is really confused right now.

 

**

 

Later that night, Tiffany sat at the balcony alone. She is thinking about Sooyoung. She regrets leaving Sooyoung a year ago and she can’t help but think that they might be happy with each other’s arms now if she hadn’t leave.

She didn’t notice that Sooyoung is walking towards her now.

“Long time no see.”

Tiffany looked up and saw Sooyoung. All the words that she wanted to say were gone now and she can’t think of anything to say.

“Sorry about leaving earlier. I had to do something.”

Tiffany finds the courage to talk to her now. “Sooyoung, do you hate me?”

Sooyoung was surprised. “Hate you? Tiffany, I could never hate you.”

Tears are forming in Tiffany’s eyes. Sooyoung is trying to be strong.

“I’m sorry. I’m..” Tiffany’s voice started to crack. Her tears finally fell and she covered her face with both of her hands.

Sooyoung wiped her eyes before the tears can even fall. “Don’t cry, Fany. Please.”

Tiffany continued crying.

“I’m not mad. Someone asked me if I’m still mad at you and I wasn’t sure about my answer to her. But now that you’re here and I’m seeing you, I realized that I’ve forgiven you already.”

Tiffany couldn’t stop crying now. She’s finally letting go of all her pain ever since she left the ranch. Sooyoung kneeled before Tiffany and wiped her tears.

“Do you remember what I told you about seeing you cry?”

Tiffany looked at Sooyoung with her eyes swollen. “You said I look ugly when I cry.”

“I lied to you. You look beautiful even when you cry.” Sooyoung smiled. “Stop crying.”

Tiffany nodded and wiped her tears. She fixed herself up. “Thanks, Sooyoung.”

“No problem. It’s already late. Go inside and sleep.”

“Just a few more minutes.”

“Okay, I’ll be going.” Sooyoung entered the house and saw Jessica standing by the door. “You heard?”

Jessica nodded. “I couldn’t sleep that’s why I went down.” Jessica said softly. The truth is she can’t sleep because she was waiting for Sooyoung to come home. She heard everything and she feels hurt. She doesn’t want to show it because she has no right to be hurt.

“Are you okay? You look pale.” Sooyoung touched her forehead.

“I’m okay. Have you eaten?”

Sooyoung shook her head. “Can you eat with me?” She smiled.

“But I’ve already eaten.” Jessica said.

“You can watch me eat.” Sooyoung smiled again.

“Okay.” Jessica forgot her sadness when Sooyoung smiled at her like that. She felt relieved that Sooyoung is home now and happy that she’s with her right now. 

 

 



 

 

I love you guys and all of your comments!

@DinoNumber4 reminded me that it's my first monthsary with this fic. yey!

let's celebrate! :))